Reddaway | What a difference a year can make SAC Unoin

Come on guys stop posting his last name please, don't make me be the bad guy.

RULE 4. No last names are to be posted on Truckingboards unless it is in a press release or to post the death of a person. No phone numbers or personal info.

First names and last initials only please.

Am I still allowed to say St*ner...........

I'm double checking about this but the rules say no last names. His nickname is so close to his real last name, right now the answer would be NO. Please use his first name and last initial. Everybody that knows him will know who he is by posting his name that way.

Thanks for your help with this issue everybody.

If his nickname was "Baggy Pants" or "The Nose" it would be OK to use it. His nickname has his real last name in it so it can't be allowed on TB. I've cleaned up the posts in this thread, please don't use his last name, in any form, from now on.

Gotchya. Thanks for checking. That's a huge bummer though. I liked the nick name.

I will now call him Pot Head.....

How about any of the following ? (1) V.P. of MisOperations (2) Boulder (3) Big Pebble (4) Bob Pebbles ... my wifes idea (5) Big Bald Headed Idiot (6) Hey, I played football in Junior College in Fresno (6) Every Drivers Enemy (7) Liar, Liar, Liar, I promised you if you did not go Union you would still have a job, but now your layed off, and I wont answer your phone call. (8) Hey, Zollars loves me ... Please help my tired mind come with some better ones, I'm worn out from working over 12 hour days because Mr. Bob Pebbles sent the memo to lay off more guys from my terminal on Tuesday.

When we voted the Union in we got nothing. except the opportunity to pay Union dues and contribute to our health plan (free at non union terminals) We got no pay increase just because we were union. Therefore I make LESS no matter what math you use to add it up. And there is no more job security now than when I was non union. The only ones who feel more secure are the slugs who dont pull their share and can not be fired because of the union.
Spoken just like a coat tail dragger that doesn't get invloved and rides the backs of the few who stand up and use the voice they have handed to them by joining the union.
HAVING A SAY IN THE WORKPLACE, AND STEPPING IN WHEN SOMEONE HAS BEEN WRONGED IS WORTH THE 52 DOLLARS ALONE:clap:, not to mention the other rights that you have been afforded that you must be totally oblivious to.

union dues are tax deductible.
AMEN

RULE 4. No last names are to be posted on Truckingboards unless it is in a press release or to post the death of a person. No phone numbers or personal info.

First names and last initials only please.
Is everyone chicken to say Bob S.??????????
After all he is publicly the VP of USF....oooops......I mean Reddaway

Ice Rider, You dont get out much. It is true the Union is not as good as it could be. But working without a contract makes you the looser every time. If you compare terminals, Union and Non Union that are close to each other, there is no question that the lay offs are worse at the Non Union terminal. And also you bid on every job by senority, at a Union shop. If you were in a Non Union terminal, you would find out that favoritism decicdes who gets what job. A Non Union terminal can loose territory like mine did, which caused more lay offs. A Union yard can not. A Non Union yard can loose line bids to other terminals, which cause more lay offs. A Union yard can not. And most importantly, you get to vote on major changes, non union yards do not. Why do you think that you did not get a pay cut like the office staff and management ? Because everybody knew you would vote no. So they didnt even take a vote. Last year my dispatcher was told he would have to start paying 200 a month for health care that use to be free. This year he was told 400 a month. Everybody not protected by a contract in the office and management now pays 400 a month for the family rate for Health care. Do you think they would charge you the same if they could ? Of course they would, but your contract protects you. If you dont believe that the contract protects your wages, senority, and health care, then you must believe that the company just loves you more than everybody else. V.P. Big Bob Peeble told us non union drivers that the only reason we have not taken a pay cut or been charged for a portion of our health care, is that it would cause all the Non Union employees to go Union. Is that plain enough for you. Wake UP! There are plenty of reasons to complain about the Union, and the Union reps, however you would make less money, pay for health care, and get layed off much quicker without a contract.

Mr Ice Rider, your posting has another problem. You say that you dont have any more job security than Non Union, then you complain that the lazy slugs are protected from loosing their jobs. How could a hard working guy like you loose his job, if even the worst of the worst can not get fired ?

Ice Rider, You dont get out much. It is true the Union is not as good as it could be. But working without a contract makes you the looser every time. If you compare terminals, Union and Non Union that are close to each other, there is no question that the lay offs are worse at the Non Union terminal. And also you bid on every job by senority, at a Union shop. If you were in a Non Union terminal, you would find out that favoritism decicdes who gets what job. A Non Union terminal can loose territory like mine did, which caused more lay offs. A Union yard can not. A Non Union yard can loose line bids to other terminals, which cause more lay offs. A Union yard can not. And most importantly, you get to vote on major changes, non union yards do not. Why do you think that you did not get a pay cut like the office staff and management ? Because everybody knew you would vote no. So they didnt even take a vote. Last year my dispatcher was told he would have to start paying 200 a month for health care that use to be free. This year he was told 400 a month. Everybody not protected by a contract in the office and management now pays 400 a month for the family rate for Health care. Do you think they would charge you the same if they could ? Of course they would, but your contract protects you. If you dont believe that the contract protects your wages, senority, and health care, then you must believe that the company just loves you more than everybody else. V.P. Big Bob Peeble told us non union drivers that the only reason we have not taken a pay cut or been charged for a portion of our health care, is that it would cause all the Non Union employees to go Union. Is that plain enough for you. Wake UP! There are plenty of reasons to complain about the Union, and the Union reps, however you would make less money, pay for health care, and get layed off much quicker without a contract.

well thought out.really they want to charge us for the health bennies? hummm:shock: