Yellow | What about newpenn

They will probably have to vote again unless the International makes it go thru, If you know what I mean.
You guys don't understand, there is no other vote, these results ARE IT, and the IBT is sticking by them......when we left the count late this afternoon, it was unclear what they were going to do with New Penn, I heard possible sell off, closure, or merging with YRC....we shall all see in the coming days and weeks how this plays out.....g

Thanks

You guys don't understand, there is no other vote, these results ARE IT, and the IBT is sticking by them......when we left the count late this afternoon, it was unclear what they were going to do with New Penn, I heard possible sell off, closure, or merging with YRC....we shall all see in the coming days and weeks how this plays out.....g

I know most on here will agree,weather it was yes or no.....
We sure do appreciate you guys and gals taking the time out of your lives to safeguard the counting of the ballots!!
Thanks to all.......

I know most on here will agree,weather it was yes or no.....
We sure do appreciate you guys and gals taking the time out of your lives to safeguard the counting of the ballots!!
Thanks to all.......
your welcome metalmike.....it was a very interesting experience, can't say it was what I expected........especially seeing all the stress on peoples faces as the count went on as close as it was, at times it was VERY INTENSE in that room.....g

Never Was

Very good question, considering the concession plan was for equal sacrifice.
That equal sacrifice ::shit:: was a little buzz word sales pitch, a snow job. Reddaway isn’t a part of this at all, Glenmore isn’t and neither of them ever were, now new penn isn’t either . yrc and holland are left holding the bag. The people have spoken, the ones who voted to take it up the :eck13: got what they voted for :nutkick:, as for the rest who stood their ground ? For the time being they have time credit towards pension and 5% more pay until the doors close. And I say good for them.

New Penn is a YRC Regional Transportation company providing superior regional, next-day ground services through a network spanning the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. New Penn is considered an industry leader in tracking technologies and Internet-based shipping services. [logo] what would you do with a company regarded this high.

Well, let's pretend I'm YRC. I would do to you what I did with Preston....suck all the money out of it as long as I could, and then when nothing's left shut it down & blame it on you. :nutkick:

Its not right that some teamster yrc employees do not have to take a cut while others do,but I'd bet those chicago teamsters still won't get anything paid into their pensions.

Its not right that some teamster yrc employees do not have to take a cut while others do,but I'd bet those chicago teamsters still won't get anything paid into their pensions.

Nobody said they weren't taking the cuts....they just voted that they don't want to take the cuts. Wonder how that's going to work out. :duh::duh:

I started at 75% of scale with 25 yr's experence

So what your telling me is that you don't want a job, you voted no along with everyone in 710, because you had balls! If you feel that way why don't you guys quit, find another job and let the ones who want to work, work. You guys kill me.

I started at 75% of scale with 25 yr's experience and no lunches or breaks 1st 30 days initiation and now 8 months at 10% stolen I hate these f&^%IN people and I don't have too nor will I ever quit I payed for my job and still do the f(*&^in thieves so you want your job and I should quit go f your self ******* I will express my hate for the management every day I go there so eat ::shit:: and die !!!

How do you figure we at new penn didn't sacrifice? When all this bullshit started last year we were a profitable company. All of our terminals and equipment were bought and paid for. And your screwed up management did a number on that. So how the hell do you figure we didn't sacrifice? You are dragging us down with you. We are still profitable in these economic conditions!!!!!!!!!!! How about you???????????:ranting2::ranting2:

I couldn't agree with you more. I jumped shipped from Yellow Lancaster and have been at 03 since April and I love the Penn. If YRC was to ever recall me, I would not go back. I can't emphasize enough....YRCW--> Yellow Ruins Companies Worldwide.:nutkick:

When Roadway bought New Penn they were making 15 cents to the dollar profit when everyone else was making a penny. It was great to see the Chicago boys stand up with a big no vote. I am sure there will be some talk of a strilke now. If there is a re-vote it will go to 90% no.

With the large unit of YRC and Holland Teamsters approving, while New Penn and big Chicago locals said No, the International union will have to decide how to handle the situation. Will they “vote till you get it right” in the rejecting units? Or will New Penn Teamsters retain their existing contract terms? Hoffa’s press release announcing ratification said those issues will be dealt with on a “local by local basis.”

We already "voted and got it right"it was NO!!!

NO 726
YES 463
The no votes are a very significant percentage. These people got nuts because they felt they were showing a profit and that entitled them to prima donna status and a cut above the rest of us. If you read any of the posts from New Penn especially from the
the three stooges of 107
you could see they had nothing but name calling, insults and contempt to add. Voting no was their privilege but the way they handled themselves like selfish goofs they deserve to be closed. The vote was about 'staying employed' they chose not to stay employed. Shut em down. YRC has people layed off and terminals in place and doing 'Next Day' now and that doesn't take rocket science like some at New Penn think it does

May not shut New Penn down right now. But they may open those closed Holland terminals in the Northeast back up that they closed back in April. Then expand over the top of New Penn. YRC can hire new hires at a lower rate with no Pension in those areas. Local Union gets more dues $$. All the freight New Penn handles for Holland now will be gone. New Penn was starving for freight and had a large amount of guys on layoff before they shut those terminals down. That Holland freight was a shot in the arm for New Penn. Then shut New Penn down after awhile for not making a profit. Or put in for a COO and merge New Penn into the Holland foot print, Bingo YRC gets the 15 % cuts and no pension, plus the Hoffa dispatch (Road drivers breaking freight at dark terminals). Don't think Billy Boy is not thinking of his next good F-ing he is about to give.

Hey NEWS FLASH! Every Company in the YRC family was profitable before the merger. The corporation top management jumped into the grinder and we have what you have today. Yes contrary to the belief of some of the people that worked for companies other then yellow we made money also. I think the common thread is Mke Smid and Bill Zollars. Smid from Big R and Zollars from Yellow. To the best of my knowledge all the companies top guys went to corporate to drive the ship. So please stop with this slamming yellow and crying that it destroyed your deal. Not productive and creates a bad karma. Most yellow drivers including myself are tired of hearing how we somehow destroyed it all. We do the same job you do! Does Bill or Mike call you for advice?

NO 726
YES 463
The no votes are a very significant percentage. These people got nuts because they felt they were showing a profit and that entitled them to prima donna status and a cut above the rest of us. If you read any of the posts from New Penn especially from the you could see they had nothing but name calling, insults and contempt to add. Voting no was their privilege but the way they handled themselves like selfish goofs they deserve to be closed. The vote was about 'staying employed' they chose not to stay employed. Shut em down. YRC has people layed off and terminals in place and doing 'Next Day' now and that doesn't take rocket science like some at New Penn think it does

Wow,you came on the Newpenn boards and pushed your "vote yes" agenda and got slammed for it and because we had the balls to say no,now you say we deserve to be closed:Flame-On: you sir in my opinion are a piece of ::shit:: and if you are a teamster or should I say measter you should have your book pulled period..The guys you talk about are stand-up guys and I will stand behind them anytime..you came on and preached your agenda and they defended there position.It seems the overall majority at Newpenn felt the same way as they did as the vote was a 2 to 1 no vote..Where we go from here time will tell but I will assure you of one thing if they were to close us most of that freight would go to other carriers,NEMF Duie Pyle Estees etc very little if any would go to YRC and that you take to the bank:nutkick:

May not shut New Penn down right now. But they may open those closed Holland terminals in the Northeast back up that they closed back in April. Then expand over the top of New Penn. YRC can hire new hires at a lower rate with no Pension in those areas. Local Union gets more dues $$. All the freight New Penn handles for Holland now will be gone. New Penn was starving for freight and had a large amount of guys on layoff before they shut those terminals down. That Holland freight was a shot in the arm for New Penn. Then shut New Penn down after awhile for not making a profit. Or put in for a COO and merge New Penn into the Holland foot print, Bingo YRC gets the 15 % cuts and no pension, plus the Hoffa dispatch (Road drivers breaking freight at dark terminals). Don't think Billy Boy is not thinking of his next good F-ing he is about to give.

And where are they going to get the money to open up Hollands northeast terms again It seems to me it was not long ago that YRC shut them down for let's see if I remember,maybe because they were losing money..maybe they can ask you for yet another 5% to pay for this:biglaugh:I know we no longer live in the real world but more of a corporate world and we are at there mercy,so time will tell maybe sooner than later we will find our fate:shift:

Wow,you came on the Newpenn boards and pushed your "vote yes" agenda and got slammed for it and because we had the balls to say no,now you say we deserve to be closed:Flame-On:
you sir in my opinion are a piece of ::shit:: and if you are a teamster or should I say measter you should have your book pulled period..
The guys you talk about are stand-up guys and I will stand behind them anytime..you came on and preached your agenda and they defended there position.
It seems the overall majority at Newpenn felt the same way as they did as the vote was a 2 to 1 no vote..
Where we go from here time will tell but I will assure you of one thing if they were to close us most of that freight would go to other carriers,NEMF Duie Pyle Estees etc very little if any would go to YRC and that you take to the bank:nutkick:
You are one of the name calling stooges I was referring to. The vote at New Penn was 2-1 against? The vote at YRC was 10-1 for. I would normally not call for a shutdown of anyone's job but in your case you people can be replaced with real teamsters who are standing up for their family and have responsibility first not greed. You sir, have no class at all