Yellow | What can be done about these delay times?

hairs2u

TB Lurker
Credits
Working as a bid man out of Atlanta has become a nightmare. I get delayed almost every trip, and this going out on the road tired is getting old.
You can only sleep so much, and not knowing how long you will be on delay is so stressful. Why didn't the union put a time limit on this? I have been with YRC for 35 years and just came to Atlanta on the last coo and have never had this happen before. They are wearing me down!

Why does everyone think it is so easy to just retire? Just because I have been there for 35 years doesn't been I am old enough to retire. Maybe you would like to pay my health insurance until I am eligable for medicare.!

Working as a bid man out of Atlanta has become a nightmare. I get delayed almost every trip, and this going out on the road tired is getting old.
You can only sleep so much, and not knowing how long you will be on delay is so stressful. Why didn't the union put a time limit on this? I have been with YRC for 35 years and just came to Atlanta on the last coo and have never had this happen before. They are wearing me down!

First of all, welcome to truckingboards.com

Local 728 negogiated this back in 2000-2001.....If an extra driver has been available on the board for at least 8 hours, he can call in and slide 8 more hours on the fatique board.

if a bid driver has been delayed for more than 8 hours, he can hold for his nest bid day......KK

This doesn't help when you are delayed daily. You would never work here! These delays are usually 12 hour delays, sometimes longer.

Do you also get delayed when you get to the other end? I am delayed at my destination now for at least 12 hours. This 2 day run is going to take me more than 3 days. This is crazy! They need to put a time limit on delays or let you go to the extra board. I would rather be cancelled. At least I would know where I stand, and could have somewhat of a life outside of this place.

Do you also get delayed when you get to the other end? I am delayed at my destination now for at least 12 hours. This 2 day run is going to take me more than 3 days. This is crazy! They need to put a time limit on delays or let you go to the extra board. I would rather be cancelled. At least I would know where I stand, and could have somewhat of a life outside of this place.

Yep....got 6 hours layover....but bid was canceled today.....KK

Same thing is happening at ABF. I'm constantly get 14 to 23 hours in the hotel.
Just yesterday I got 17 hours.

You would think the union or management would get some control over this, as it is becoming a very unsafe practice. Maybe DOT needs some info! I am tired of going to work tired and being told it is my responsibility to be rested when I come to work. Then at least tell me how long my delay will be. No one can sleep this long. LOL

Chicago 309

You want to work here and have a life ? Really ??

I will have to agree with you . I am off the xb and i would say last 2 weeks almost everytime i get at the terminal its your not ready. And its not 10 min, its and hour or three everytime wth, why not call me later? I dont mind clock time but comon already?

Wow longest delay at Holland would be around 7... i have set close to 14 building hours but that's far an few in

At my terminal511/irving.We don't have a drivers update call center.Memphis does as well as others.This would help greatly if we could call the update and know what has ran and where you're at on the call blocks

This is a a safety issue, and its going to cause an injury or death, I would file an art.16 grievance with your local about this unsafe practice. It's a shame that any driver has to work under this unsafe condition and if you have an accident the company, and the law will hang you for violating 392.3 dot code