Yellow | What can be done about these delay times?

I know one thing, when someone gets hurt under these conditions YRC isn't gonna like the lawsuits. This issue has been brought up several times and all you get is , it is your job to be rested when you come to work not ours! I have gone to the union and they just say it is allowed. I think they thrive on making the drivers miserable.

Working as a bid man out of Atlanta has become a nightmare. I get delayed almost every trip, and this going out on the road tired is getting old.
You can only sleep so much, and not knowing how long you will be on delay is so stressful. Why didn't the union put a time limit on this? I have been with YRC for 35 years and just came to Atlanta on the last coo and have never had this happen before. They are wearing me down!
You said you're a bid man. Does that mean you have a start time? I ask because they can only move your start time 2 hrs either way, or am I missing something in your posts?

I am a bid man. I do have a start time. It is delayed everyday because of no freight or loads not ready. Someone who knows more about this than me can try to explain this. ANYONE!

I am a bid man. I do have a start time. It is delayed everyday because of no freight or loads not ready. Someone who knows more about this than me can try to explain this. ANYONE!

When bids are posted, it reads " All bids are subject to delay, cancelation and VIAs......"It has always been a fact of life in Atlanta.

One thing that cannot be delayed in senority on a call block. Those with it, can make just as good as a long bid that gets delayed, or alot of layover. Some deal with it, some do not.

I took a bid based on the off day. If I get delayed, it cannot be more than 7 hours, as I run at 17:00. If I get canceled, I go on the 15:00 call block and run out, as I run out as #4 on the extraboard, and usually I am the #1 driver on that callblock.

My main goal is to make what I can that week, and be back in time for my off day.....life is much simpler that way......KK

You don't get layover time in your home domicile, Layover pay won't get you any sleep, been on this job for 35 years and people with your attitude are what makes this job harder for everyone.

If i had 35 years the first thing i would do is look at another bid. 3 trip on a 478 mile run pays more than 2trip on 599 . Simple math 2 trip on 599 mile run only pays 2396. 3trip
on 478 pays 2868. now 2868- 2396=472 more miles that almost $250 per week $12272 per year. To bad you bided today so for the next half year that low seniority driver with
only 20 years go home with a bigger check. But that is only $6136 go tell your wife how smart you are because you and your 35 years has the longest run.

Extra night in the Hotel and 2 more days on the road???? I'd learn to live on less myself if I had the option. And if the Old lady didn't like it I would give her the 20 year mans address.

Working as a bid man out of Atlanta has become a nightmare. I get delayed almost every trip, and this going out on the road tired is getting old.
You can only sleep so much, and not knowing how long you will be on delay is so stressful. Why didn't the union put a time limit on this? I have been with YRC for 35 years and just came to Atlanta on the last coo and have never had this happen before. They are wearing me down!

Well Fred, did you stay on the same bid this time, or did you change to a new bid this week?
Does it run any better?
Drive safe!.......KK

I bid Fort Pierce and got knocked off it before I even got one trip in. Someone was on vacation and bumbed me, so I bumped back into Fort Meyers on the 4:00 bid. Now everyone is being bumped on down the line. Was told there is another guy coming back from sick leave and the whole thing will start again. Only in the southern conference ! To the guy who thinks I should retire, How about you pay my health and wellfare and I am out the door! Hey eye spy. I think you must be a democrat and do finances the way the Obama team figures it. I make real good money on my bid and have tryed it your way. I just hit the extra board once in a while and still can get my miles in. It is just a hassle and knocks an extra board guy out. As I am a compassionate person I like to see everyone treated fairly and be able to take car of their family. Just because I have seniority doesn't mean I have to be an ass.

If you hit the extra board and still get your miles why *****? Because you help a extra board man when he can get your run. Thanks for the help. I guess i should do like other
402 drivers put my seniority were i want then get your run everytime you dont run. Then me and you would be happy.

THANKS. FRED