TForce | what can the teamsters do about,,,,,,

mud-flap

TB Lurker
Credits
promotions,,the ups freight rule book page 17 reads promotions will be posted on employee bulletin boards for 7 days minimum. and describe the position and invite interested and qualified workers to apply. now,, that said i walk on the dock and presto like magic we have a new dock sup!! seems like our managment has a magic wand and waved it over a dock worker and out of the office comes a new UPS freight dock sup. now the point is ,,that is not the way the rule book states. what can the teamsters do about that??

mud-flap said:
promotions,,the ups freight rule book page 17 reads promotions will be posted on employee bulletin boards for 7 days minimum. and describe the position and invite interested and qualified workers to apply. now,, that said i walk on the dock and presto like magic we have a new dock sup!! seems like our managment has a magic wand and waved it over a dock worker and out of the office comes a new UPS freight dock sup. now the point is ,,that is not the way the rule book states. what can the teamsters do about that??
With out a contract there is nothing you can do. The upsf rule & policy book states that it is not binding and anything can be changed at any time without notice. The terminal manager has the right to do what ever benefits the terminal (in their eye's) at any time.

mud-flap said:
With a contract, There is a specific set of rules and regulations that will be negotiated. The company will have to obide by these rules. If not then you have recourse to correct the issue. If you lose money because of an unfair situation you will be paid and the issue will be resolved.

and another thing,,,,,,,

let's say i load a skid in a kansas city trailer now at any time during the day we have about 70 other dock workers loading freight too. Now after a few hours some one comes along and moves around the skid I loaded and the skid ends up OFF the trailer and never gets put back ON!! the trailer gets to kansas city and my skid never made it. now I get the write-up for a shortage or if it is damaged or loaded the wrong way. It is my freight and I signed it on but someone else moved it or damaged it or re-loaded it wrong. What can the teamsters do about a unfair write-up.

mud-flap said:
let's say i load a skid in a kansas city trailer now at any time during the day we have about 70 other dock workers loading freight too. Now after a few hours some one comes along and moves around the skid I loaded and the skid ends up OFF the trailer and never gets put back ON!! the trailer gets to kansas city and my skid never made it. now I get the write-up for a shortage or if it is damaged or loaded the wrong way. It is my freight and I signed it on but someone else moved it or damaged it or re-loaded it wrong. What can the teamsters do about a unfair write-up.
The Teamsters would not have drivers working the dock.

BusterNite said:
The Teamsters would not have drivers working the dock.
In a combination barn, some guys will work the dock and then go on a run or vice versa.... But only if it is in the language for that particular barn. Like anything else, it's probably a bid.

Animo916 said:
In a combination barn, some guys will work the dock and then go on a run or vice versa.... But only if it is in the language for that particular barn. Like anything else, it's probably a bid.
I would hope that it is a bid. But I still don't agree with any drivers being allowed on the dock.

Animo916 said:

Animo, also remember that Premium Service Employees do work the dock and drive.

Talked with UPS Feeder Driver who told me while on the clock, they have to work in any job they are told to work in my management. If a sup tells them to sweep the floor, they have to sweep the floor. Wash trucks, fuel trucks, load trucks, does not matter what the job, he said, "We all have to work as directed, no choice."

bamaboy said:
Talked with UPS Feeder Driver who told me while on the clock, they have to work in any job they are told to work in my management. If a sup tells them to sweep the floor, they have to sweep the floor. Wash trucks, fuel trucks, load trucks, does not matter what the job, he said, "We all have to work as directed, no choice."
$28 an hour to sweep floors and wash trucks. What foolish company pays an employee to do that and where do I sign up.

UPS does. According to the driver that I spoke with, they are going to make sure that if they are paying, then you are working. No sitting around or taking breaks. If it is pouring down rain, you are out in it fueling tractors with no cover. Does not sound like a contract helps with that. Sounds no different than what we have now.

wassesname said:
i have to admit a contract wont change the weather. i will give that one to you

Its a wonder the teamsters have not negotiated that they cannot be forced to work in unfavorable weather conditions..such as rain,snow,sleet,hail,temperatures above or below 60 degrees F...or if their is a slight breeze blowing.

....lol....just a little joke from a guy that is obviously not interested in mob representation...lol

bamaboy said:
UPS does. According to the driver that I spoke with, they are going to make sure that if they are paying, then you are working. No sitting around or taking breaks. If it is pouring down rain, you are out in it fueling tractors with no cover. Does not sound like a contract helps with that. Sounds no different than what we have now.
That's why they invented raincoats. With the kind of money they make I could careless about getting a little wet.

Well all of this cool...But basing that on 600 miles or less is a stretch....Just wish they would ajust that down to 500 or less. If I had a run that was less miles it wouldn't be problem...