TForce | what can the teamsters do about,,,,,,

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Its a wonder the teamsters have not negotiated that they cannot be forced to work in unfavorable weather conditions..such as rain,snow,sleet,hail,temperatures above or below 60 degrees F...or if their is a slight breeze blowing.

....lol....just a little joke from a guy that is obviously not interested in mob representation...lol
Thats funny :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :duh:

CFer said:
Animo, also remember that Premium Service Employees do work the dock and drive.
Just a question cfer, who uses premium people? Maybe usf and new penn? I know we(big R) don't.

bamaboy said:
UPS does. According to the driver that I spoke with, they are going to make sure that if they are paying, then you are working. No sitting around or taking breaks. If it is pouring down rain, you are out in it fueling tractors with no cover. Does not sound like a contract helps with that. Sounds no different than what we have now.
Sure its different. Now they just send you home and let the lower paid employees sweep the floor.

serta said:
Just a question cfer, who uses premium people? Maybe usf and new penn? I know we(big R) don't.

I'm not positive but I believe Yellow uses them for their regional service and I know ABF uses them in some areas.
At this point it's a terminal to terminal issue. It's not really a company to company issue

CFer said:
I'm not positive but I believe Yellow uses them for their regional service and I know ABF uses them in some areas.
At this point it's a terminal to terminal issue. It's not really a company to company issue
At lit terminals (meaning someone is there working already) or just dark terminals? I can understand if they didn't have enough freight to load a trailer, and need you to throw (and yes I do mean throw) it on one of your trailers or whatever at a dark terminal. So soon we just going to get rid of dock workers all together......???????......

greezy trucker said:
At lit terminals (meaning someone is there working already) or just dark terminals? I can understand if they didn't have enough freight to load a trailer, and need you to throw (and yes I do mean throw) it on one of your trailers or whatever at a dark terminal. So soon we just going to get rid of dock workers all together......???????......

GT, it's at lit terminals but the way I understand the language is that premium service drivers are only able to work the dock to handle new freight that is brought into the system under the premium service driver language. In this case, that would be the regional freight that the company did not handle before.

bamaboy said:
Talked with UPS Feeder Driver who told me while on the clock, they have to work in any job they are told to work in my management. If a sup tells them to sweep the floor, they have to sweep the floor. Wash trucks, fuel trucks, load trucks, does not matter what the job, he said, "We all have to work as directed, no choice."

I guess you would rather be laid off without pay ... Right ???

bamaboy said:
UPS does. According to the driver that I spoke with, they are going to make sure that if they are paying, then you are working. No sitting around or taking breaks. If it is pouring down rain, you are out in it fueling tractors with no cover. Does not sound like a contract helps with that. Sounds no different than what we have now.

I guess you get paid for sitting around doing nothing and are exempt from working in the rain also !

Big O Brown,
No, from everything I read here, the union would prevent us from having to do these things and yes, we would get paid for doing nothing. In talking with UPS Drivers (who are union) that is not the case. We do very little if anything when we are on delay pay.

bamaboy said:
Big O Brown,
No, from everything I read here, the union would prevent us from having to do these things and yes, we would get paid for doing nothing. In talking with UPS Drivers (who are union) that is not the case. We do very little if anything when we are on delay pay.
In most cases, I say most, both union and non union would not bring you in unless there was enough work for atleast 8 hours work unless you are a part timer.

CFer said:
GT, it's at lit terminals but the way I understand the language is that premium service drivers are only able to work the dock to handle new freight that is brought into the system under the premium service driver language. In this case, that would be the regional freight that the company did not handle before.
Ok that would be confusing....Is this new freight or is this new freight or is this new freight!!!!!????????

bamaboy said:
Big O Brown,
delay pay ????? Where, I lost mine, show me where it went!!!!!!

greezy trucker said:
Ok that would be confusing....Is this new freight or is this new freight or is this new freight!!!!!????????

GT, it would be easy to tell because the freight in question would be for new lanes(regional in this example).

bamaboy said:
Big O Brown,

UPS domestic package revenue was up 9.6% last quarter for $7.5 billion thats with a B .

Not bad for a bunch of guys doing nothing , eh ???

When they start chasing your a$$ with a stopwatch we'll see if YOU guys are working as hard as you claim !!!

Now how can we be timed when we've got to wait..

for a fork lift operator to unload our freight at his companys dock?

Companies we deliver to could care less if we'er running late for one reason,or another.

Some places I go if you try to light a fire under the receivers butt to get a move on it.
They'll slow down to a snails pace,just to see if your going to go ballistic,and start crying the blues,because you've got a lot more stops to make.

These receivers have no life than to drive P & D drivers up the wall.

So these stop watch guys can do the ranting on these receivers for me when I'm waiting to get unloaded.

I've found its better to just chat with the receiver in a way that he wants to get you unloaded,and out of his face.

Can you say preaching,or quoiting Bible scriptures?

What ever it takes,sometimes you've got to be really laid back to be a P & D driver.
When you have to deal with the many mental levels of workers on a daily basis you've got to be a fast thinker.

So I say bring on the stop watch guys,I for one think its going to be great fun.