Estes | What Do You Guys Think About The New Flex Teams?

We have two openings since July at 225.Good luck finding teams to run wild for 2 weeks at the time.
Reminds me of when they wanted drivers to give up their vacation to run the extra board. The missing link is that the company feels no obligation to help you make money. Those guys ended up sitting in motel rooms instead of working. Same thing here. They use teams to run around northern California as if they were shuttle drivers.

Absolutely an idiotic idea. They can’t even get teams to run 5 out and 2 home, what makes them think they’re gonna find guys to stay out 2 weeks?? They can’t even run the ones they have correctly. Not trying to be cynical but it’s the truth. Meanwhile all the long distance freight our teams should be giving they scab all that out to TLI and the cornucopia of other flip flop carriers. Maybe they need to look into how Old Dominion runs their teams, they don’t seem to have a hard time retaining drivers.

Absolutely an idiotic idea. They can’t even get teams to run 5 out and 2 home, what makes them think they’re gonna find guys to stay out 2 weeks?? They can’t even run the ones they have correctly. Not trying to be cynical but it’s the truth. Meanwhile all the long distance freight our teams should be giving they scab all that out to TLI and the cornucopia of other flip flop carriers. Maybe they need to look into how Old Dominion runs their teams, they don’t seem to have a hard time retaining drivers.
I agree, it’s hard enough to hire guys who want to run extra board (single). Drivers nowadays want better home time. This is a fact. At the barn they can’t hire anyone for extra board. Can’t blame Estes for trying though.

I agree, it’s hard enough to hire guys who want to run extra board (single). Drivers nowadays want better home time. This is a fact. At the barn they can’t hire anyone for extra board. Can’t blame Estes for trying though.
The only thing my barn can find to hire lately are guys that can’t even drive a manual shift truck. Unbelievable. I agree, drivers want better home time, if they could address that issue we could hire much better candidates.

The only thing my barn can find to hire lately are guys that can’t even drive a manual shift truck. Unbelievable. I agree, drivers want better home time, if they could address that issue we could hire much better candidates.
I wonder why Management just can't figure this out, or just don't want to do the work or
Lack of vision to see the future. I have said it before, reduce the number of days away from home, meets, one lay down and back
Home , teams run long, They would have people knocking down the door to get a gig!!
It's always the same excuse, ( We have always done it that way) .

I wonder why Management just can't figure this out, or just don't want to do the work or
Lack of vision to see the future. I have said it before, reduce the number of days away from home, meets, one lay down and back
Home , teams run long, They would have people knocking down the door to get a gig!!
It's always the same excuse, ( We have always done it that way) .
I would have stayed if I could have had a shot at a bid but it would have been years before I got off extraboard.

They run some teams pretty good that have some bid runs. But overall the teams that runs wild get really jerked around and have to watch the other companies come in and get a long dispatch load and Big E keeps sitting there waiting for a short hop somewhere else.