Estes | What do you guys think?

I like how you guys refer to your CEO by his first name. When was the last time he invited you all over to his mansion??? ..lol

Actually the man is very humble and expects everybody to call him by his first name, several of us on this board have spoken with him personally.

By the way, good to hear from you again Elvis, it appears as though your long absence has allowed you to build up some hostility, I've personnally never been in a rat or insect infested bunk room, but to say they aren't the penthouse at the four seasons wouldn't be nearly as convincing to non-believers that Estes is truly the evil empire.

Keep fighting the good fight, even if the enemies can only be seen by you.

Actually the man is very humble and expects everybody to call him by his first name, several of us on this board have spoken with him personally.

By the way, good to hear from you again Elvis, it appears as though your long absence has allowed you to build up some hostility, I've personnally never been in a rat or insect infested bunk room, but to say they aren't the penthouse at the four seasons wouldn't be nearly as convincing to non-believers that Estes is truly the evil empire.

Keep fighting the good fight, even if the enemies can only be seen by you.

What on earth has Sully's question have anything to do with me, there Mr. Deacon? I have absolutely no built up hostility for anyone Demon. I come with peace and love. The bunk room comments are just one of many complaints from your own drivers. Not mine. I sleep in motel rooms, not bunk rooms. Life is good for T Elvis. OUT........

don't worry about elvis anymore. he cant see estes forums anymore :clap:

I would like to file a formal protest.

TE kept me going.If not for him, I would not be

the arrogant *** I am.Crap.Without him there is

no sunshine.Without him there is no purpose.Oh, I think

that's from a Carly Simon song.See. I'm all broke up and sad.

Lets make a list of terminals with bunkrooms that have problems, and describe the problems. I haven't been to all the terminals with bunk rooms and if corp. dosent know of the problems they wont fix them. Lets make a list and then foward it to them and see if they will do something. Just a suggestion.

Last time I made a list of problems here, I got a fax of my post handed to me by my dispatcher.... If you have problems, I suggest you tell your wife, or you clergy man! :TR10driving03:

Last time I made a list of problems here, I got a fax of my post handed to me by my dispatcher.... If you have problems, I suggest you tell your wife, or you clergy man! :TR10driving03:

or maybe your terminal manager first and then your regional manager second....I thought that was what they were there for. I know there is a problem with bunk rooms but complaining about it here only gets you noticed and dosen't get the problem solved. If enough guys complain to their regional managers about it...something will be done. Estes refurbished...for lack of a better term which escapes me right now...all the bunk rooms in westsex new paint, new mattreses, sound proofing, redid all the floors, new fixtures in the locker rooms. Seems to me this could happen at other places too......or maybe the company could get us all sleeper cabs and we could clean our own. :-)

Good idea. One of my biggest beefs while running the extra board was the horrendous conditions of some of the bunk rooms, especially the filthy showers and such. Also, it would be a good idea to list the terminals where the bunk rooms are next to offices where you can hear nearly every word and phones ringing constantly and the walking upstairs, etc. One could barely sleep without ear plugs.

Pics would be great especially for the filthy rooms and showers. Maybe Richmond will wake up if this is posted. I'm all for it as in most places it is virtually impossible to get a decent amount of rest.

That's why, in many cases, I opted for the motel where I at least paid a decent price for decent rest.
Did you get a corporate discount? I also wonder if you could use it for a tax deduction?

colkid said:
Did you get a corporate discount? I also wonder if you could use it for a tax deduction?
Yes. I paid the Estes price at their motel or I went to one my choosing and got the corporate rate after showing them my license. Yes it is also tax-deductable.

I want a sleeper for that reason. screw the rat hotels and so so or rat hole bunk rooms. give me a sleeper truck and I'm good

I want a sleeper for that reason. screw the rat hotels and so so or rat hole bunk rooms. give me a sleeper truck and I'm good

That would be perfect, then all you have to do is talk Elvis into moving to KC and you guys could be a team, you two could snuggle together in that big ol bunk..LOL J/K!!!!

That's part of the reason I haven't gave out much info about me. I hope no one takes it personal that I haven't tried to contact anyone yet. I'm just not ready yet.:silenced:

its ok guys. they wont bite ya. I do get a chuckle when upper management calls me beerboy. funny. and really no one talks to me about the boards. well they know I'm thick headed also. :biglaugh:wouldn't do any good. I will say if ya do call out the shop in certain fashions your terminal may be crawling with big wigs in a day or so. :biglaugh: but your truck will get fixed :shift:

its ok guys. they wont bite ya. I do get a chuckle when upper management calls me beerboy. funny. and really no one talks to me about the boards. well they know I'm thick headed also. :biglaugh:wouldn't do any good. I will say if ya do call out the shop in certain fashions your terminal may be crawling with big wigs in a day or so. :biglaugh: but your truck will get fixed :shift:

They know who you are?!? You got ballz of steel bro. I'm a company man and all, but I like the anonymity of being to shoot the crap with you guys without discussing my views at work. And Starkravin....if you miss Elvis that much I can give you a virtual :nutkick: every now and again, just to rekindle those old feelings.:shift:

Well ,I found him. He's over on the U/non U site,venting his rage on

beerboy.And it wasn't me that getting the nut kicks,it was him.Why

do you think he went MIA for a while?