R&L | What do you Love about working here? What do you Hate about working here?

I have to agree with most of you. Zimmerman is one of the biggest mistakes Senior ever made. Along with the combo drivers. I have been here to long to give up all my vacation time that I would lose to go somewhere else. But if they keep up this self destruction path they are on we all may have to. Going to the outside carriers that are late and make our service down is a big thing. We get 7 or 8 carriers a night in our term and we have drivers told to stay home. I was told by senior that they where to carry only extra freight. Looks like they are taking our jobs. If we don't get back to what made this place grow it will only continue to go down. We are now no better than Yellow and the rest of the LTL carriers.

Obviously the senior drivers have been here so long that they forgot what's going on at the other companies. When I look at R&L's Pay, Benefits, Equipment (tractor/trailers) they have as good as anyone out there. We are as busy as any of the medium to larger size carriers. When something breaks they fix it. Lots of freight which keeps us all working. I mean I am not sure exactly what you know about the other LTL companies and their practices these days. It's not pretty out there. Lots of politics. I don't say much or should I say I don't break alot of bread with management although I do like all my bosses. They are not there to hold my hand. They give me my bills....I get in my truck...I deliver and hopefully there are enough pickups to keep me busy all day....and yes....I do swaps 2 days per week and maybe more if I start late. They probably keep me working as much as I can stand.....but I take the good weeks with the bad ones because they all even out. I have been around the business for a long long....long long time. I am probably one of the older drivers at the company but relatively new. I have learned from experience too keep my mouth shut and worry about what I am doing and what affects me. Not what someone else is doing. I am happy here. Good Day.

Sorry things have been so bad over there guys. I worked there in 2007 and it was a really good paying job. I was making 1600 a week running teams. They got rid of my run (it was dedicated) and I left. Went to YRC and what a mistake that was. I have to say YRC got really bad but things seem to be looking up. We only lost 30 million this quarter compared to 80 million last quarter lol!!! Anyway, we thought YRC was a goner but they held on and are making a comeback. We have a new CEO and maybe that's the difference. Hopefully R&L gets it together soon and turns things around for yall. Gook luck.

Yes Munson, I miss driving junk!!! I miss working FOR MORONS!!! I miss making half of what I do now!!! You are right, I miss R&L...
yes he does

Maybe I will call the brilliant Mr. Zimmerman, WO CONTINUES TO RUN R&L into the ground, andsee if he will let me come back as a Paramount driver...

Its funny, all the R&L terminals I am around are still driving JUNK, EXCEPT WILMINGTON... In Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan,Missouri, Georgia, Alabama, Iowa, Wisconsin...All these drivers are still driving 15 year old NASTY Internationals and Macks...

I think when I apply, I will go apply in Wilmington, so I can drive one of those new Peterbilt or International Daycabs, that are EVERYWHERE around the Wilmington terminal..

Love ya Long Time Munson, your turn!!!

Richard- Go back to work delivering your Chineese Junk. I guarantee you will be putting down Wal-Mart in no time cause you just like to complain.

Richard- Go back to work delivering your Chineese Junk. I guarantee you will be putting down Wal-Mart in no time cause you just like to complain.

If you only knew how wrong you are about him prior to 2009. He was a cheerleader ra ra, and told me and a few others to stop our complaining, then the trouble got to his terminal and he changed. I will say one thing right now though, Im done with the attacks on Richard. He doesn't really talk crap about the company until you call him out. It ends now, here or you will get time off from the boards, got me?

Go back under Zimmermans desk...Don't forget ur knee pads..

Let them be foolish and immature Richard, you have to justify yourself to no one.
You had to do what you felt was best for you and your family, and there was nothing wrong with that.
If your former collueges can't respect that, then that is their problem.
I'm happy for you.

Richard, I am glad that things are working out for you at Walmart. Keep it between the lines...

Happy for you too Richard. I hope you have a great career at Walmart. Good Luck. Get some ideas from Wal-mart and pass them along so we can make things better .

Dam, the brochure says 'super premium pay'

so, no on that huh....bummer...

ya, if you are on the old pay scale then it is in line with others, but if you got hired on after 2008 then you are getting screwed. That is my opinion, they took and are still taking advantage of the economy.

ya, if you are on the old pay scale then it is in line with others, but if you got hired on after 2008 then you are getting screwed. That is my opinion, they took and are still taking advantage of the economy.

What you stated was fact... just the screwed part of your comment was your opinion. Its still fact that 2008 and before employees are paid a little more than some and a little less then others. 2008 after and I don't see how people can do it. Guess that's why when we hire at my barn, they work less than a week and they don't show back up. Then they pay a temp service to cover our line haul. I think that's more expensive then just paying normal pay to a R+L employed line hauler. Just my observation.

lets make a big thread for all potential new co-workers to read about the benefits and drawbacks about working here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what do you love about working here? What do you hate about working here?

this used to be a good place to work but within the last 10 to 15 years it has come to be just another place to get a pay check from. Management doesnt give a dam about you just their numbers and their profit sharing so my word to all i talk to is slow down and milk the clock to make their profit go down time to stick it to them.

The best decision I ever made was leaving that place, what a hell hole it has become.

When Senior ran the place, it truly was a great place to work.

Its amazing how the greed of Roby, and the incompetence of Zimmerman, have turned R&L into a true bottom feeder company..