Yellow | What if ?

George David

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard the cry this morning on damages. I think it's up to 40 million a year, depending on who's telling the story.

My suggesting or maybe question at first is; how much do you spend on a 40 million dollar problem? Seems outbound is always the problem, so let's start there.

What if someone just did load bars and dunage? Well, right off the word I got "IM NOT PAYING SOMEONE TO WALK AROUND" the loader should get off the dam forklift and stop being so lazy.
(And on the other side)
Management always wants it high and tight JUST ONE MORE THEY SAY, it's all about numbers.

That's right, it is all about numbers, 40 or so million dollars a year. So if one could keep calm and not go off the grid in subject, what's the solution? To me its get back to the basics.

Just so you know I'm not stupid. I know they (being management) will not do or listen to a dam thing anyone says.

You would not recognize the place or the way things are done!!!!!!!!!!
I saw it coming. Before I was laid off we got a Roadway Ops Mr for a terminal mgr at Yellow Indy. His management style for the 6 months I worked with him told me that once I was laid off I probably would dread going back. Most of the exRoadway guys on here talk of how great Roadway was and how bad Yellow was- my experience was the exact opposite. We had a 177 door terminal and never more than 3 supervisors at a time. They'd give me my assignment and never come out of the shack until I was done and ready for another load. It was totally laid back and built on trust. I Cant work any other way. Like my present route for my employer. We bid it for 6 months. They tell us to email them if we need something. Otherwise, no management calling for 6 months...

I saw it coming. Before I was laid off we got a Roadway Ops Mr for a terminal mgr at Yellow Indy. His management style for the 6 months I worked with him told me that once I was laid off I probably would dread going back. Most of the exRoadway guys on here talk of how great Roadway was and how bad Yellow was- my experience was the exact opposite. We had a 177 door terminal and never more than 3 supervisors at a time. They'd give me my assignment and never come out of the shack until I was done and ready for another load. It was totally laid back and built on trust. I Cant work any other way. Like my present route for my employer. We bid it for 6 months. They tell us to email them if we need something. Otherwise, no management calling for 6 months...
Who do you work for, I gotta check that out, no interaction with mgmt for 6 months? Are you sure you haven't died or are caught in the matrix or something? I've had the same impression you've had. Yellow was laid back, organized, and lean on mgmt. roadway has been the exact opposite. Main difference I see is roadway mgmt had their guys hooked on OT and the guys did whatever they were told. Prior to the merger their bosses were on forklifts, driving trucks to the shop, and endless other infractions of our contract. Before the merger the roadway TM had never been to a grievance hearing. Unbelievable.

I guess it must be time again to blame everything that is screwed on Roadway. This to some might be true, but the facts still remain that since the merger no one holding the position above District Manager is anything but Yellow heritage, including CEO.

-15% worker's MORALE loading period .................................................................................................................................................................

I guess it must be time again to blame everything that is screwed on Roadway. This to some might be true, but the facts still remain that since the merger no one holding the position above District Manager is anything but Yellow heritage, including CEO.

And that explains why our numbers are improving! :hide: :poke: :438:

Who do you work for, I gotta check that out, no interaction with mgmt for 6 months?
I doubt you mean that, but pm me if you do. I run 3200 miles for a private manufacturer each week from Indy to Denver to Salt Lake City to Indy thru the Rockies each week no matter the weather. One guy and I at each warehouse carry off 118 200lbs- 400lbs caskets into their warehouse each week. Electronic logs, GPS and Peoplenet onboard computers so they already know where I am. Makes it easy, can't break a law, the computers are my excuse...I make about the same as an LTL Road Driver. Slightly Less per mile, but more for other things.. It works. But ya gotta work...

I doubt you mean that, but pm me if you do. I run 3200 miles for a private manufacturer each week from Indy to Denver to Salt Lake City to Indy thru the Rockies each week no matter the weather. One guy and I at each warehouse carry off 118 200lbs- 400lbs caskets into their warehouse each week. Electronic logs, GPS and Peoplenet onboard computers so they already know where I am. Makes it easy, can't break a law, the computers are my excuse...I make about the same as an LTL Road Driver. Slightly Less per mile, but more for other things.. It works. But ya gotta work...
You seem to enjoy or are content with your job jimmy g. You can't beat that. Imo.

I'm assuming it's not a union carrier in any capacity. If I'm wrong, please correct me. You drawing a Teamster pension as we speak? Will wait for your response before I procede..

I'm assuming it's not a union carrier in any capacity. If I'm wrong, please correct me. You drawing a Teamster pension as we speak? Will wait for your response before I procede..
actually, its Manufacturing. Hauling our own product. One division is Teamsters 135 White Paper. Five divisions are not. The pay is pretty much identical. The treatment is exactly identical. It has no chance of ever having a union voted in in those five. I've got 22 yrs vested, not yet drawing. Why? What difference does it make? When I was laid off all Teamster' jobs were laying off. None were hiring then in 2008. Had to take a withdrawl card as 250 others in Indy also had to between 2008/2009. The merger meant Indy had 400 plus city/dock but only enough work for the top 180 . I tried, didn't happen. And now I have the best job I've ever had. No one working here is complaining.

Headlight blues asked where could he get such a job and I answered. So why the seemingly provocative attitude? I had consider, from time to time, applying to drive for Holland to be home more. But Why? Taking a pay cut, not getting more credit into the CSPF, Starting all over, at the bottom, first to be laid off again as opposed to a place with seemingly an unending supply of customers seems more stable. Was invited to apply at ABF. Again- same as why people here won't quit YRCW, why walk away from a job paying 85-90k plus 3 weeks vacation and a fully funded matching 401k to start all over at the bottom yet one more time when I'm in my 60s? And from reading these boards everyone wants to quit but won't. I'm happy. Wish you guys were as well.....

Last edited:
Still waiting on that Teamster discount.... Tick Toc Tick Toc.......