Yellow | What if ?

Are you in the military ,then you remember the 5 tons with the flip out windshield:tr10driving03::notworthy:

No flip out for me...

old_pipe_truck.jpg

actually, its Manufacturing. Hauling our own product. One division is Teamsters 135 White Paper. Five divisions are not. The pay is pretty much identical. The treatment is exactly identical. It has no chance of ever having a union voted in in those five. I've got 22 yrs vested, not yet drawing. Why? What difference does it make? When I was laid off all Teamster' jobs were laying off. None were hiring then in 2008. Had to take a withdrawl card as 250 others in Indy also had to between 2008/2009. The merger meant Indy had 400 plus city/dock but only enough work for the top 180 . I tried, didn't happen. And now I have the best job I've ever had. No one working here is complaining.

Headlight blues asked where could he get such a job and I answered. So why the seemingly provocative attitude? I had consider, from time to time, applying to drive for Holland to be home more. But Why? Taking a pay cut, not getting more credit into the CSPF, Starting all over, at the bottom, first to be laid off again as opposed to a place with seemingly an unending supply of customers seems more stable. Was invited to apply at ABF. Again- same as why people here won't quit YRCW, why walk away from a job paying 85-90k plus 3 weeks vacation and a fully funded matching 401k to start all over at the bottom yet one more time when I'm in my 60s? And from reading these boards everyone wants to quit but won't. I'm happy. Wish you guys were as well.....

And by the way they been using the same crap about the AC system for 30 years what's the barb wire and security system for.Are you buying what there selling. The place needs a new roof and more
They stole the barb wire too and sold for scrap to the junk yard around the corner!

Building is for sale ,They already changed by laws to new haven county,last year.But other locals have to approve the move to ;Milford, Should have been a done deal,But it's not!!!!!Stay tuned the.drama continues Check your local finances,There not good.You cran get a LM2 with the dept of labor.
For someone that's no longer in 443 your really up to date on what's going on here.To bad your no longer here because you could run for a position on the E board again!

They stole the barb wire too and sold for scrap to the junk yard around the corner!
They should have electrified the barbed wire like Greg Speck did at the old terminal in New haven , But that didn't stop the thieves, they used two trailers to go over the fence and the barbed wire. A 10,000 dollar lesson, Where smarter than you ABF