R&L | what is going at the R&L Carriers in Chicago terminal

outlaw6

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering did anyone here how the chicago terminal is losing freight? the linehaul drivers runs are shorter, are they trying to get rid of line haul drivers and teams?

I worked at CHI back in the 90's, that was a great group of guys. I would love to hear how the guys are doing now. Anyone know how Todd S is doing, I know he left R&L, he was a great TM. Too bad he could not get along with BG and TR.

Start looking at Regional Manager Mike. He wants all drivers gone. He hates drivers and anybody that treats drivers with respect. Look at what he did friday, that was a shame. Don't bother calling Wilmington they don't care. Watch who you talk to at the terminal because Mike is hiring all his boys you know the :butt kiss:

he is fireing drivers and dispatch for no reason and putting his a--kissings people in the spot and he cutting run where drivers can't make any money and messing with the p&d driver too i never liked him when he was the tm

What did he do Friday?

He fired one of the nicest guys in dispatch. This dispatcher was good. But he got fired because he was too nice to drivers and he had the drivers back. He just fired the dispatcher because he wanted to bring one of his boys in dispatch. We tried to call Wilmington and as usual nothing we could do.

what the hell

So what everyone is saying is Mike is no good. this is B.S. I noticed that he is trying to find every little thing on a driver/dispatcher to get rid of them but I did not know that he was bringing in his boys, very interesting and thanks for the heads up guys.

So what everyone is saying is Mike is no good. this is B.S. I noticed that he is trying to find every little thing on a driver/dispatcher to get rid of them but I did not know that he was bringing in his boys, very interesting and thanks for the heads up guys.

Some of his boys are already on the dock. His new boy starts monday in dispatch. Try pulling over to use your cellphone or company radio to get your pickups from dispatch. you will be in Mike's or Troy's office and you will have to explain why you pulled over to call dispatch. If you are the one they have on the list you will get a write up for stealing company time beacause you pulled over and the GPS says you did. Just watch your back. I do but I have not had the pleasure of them messing with me yet but I know my time is coming.

Some of his boys are already on the dock. His new boy starts monday in dispatch. Try pulling over to use your cellphone or company radio to get your pickups from dispatch. you will be in Mike's or Troy's office and you will have to explain why you pulled over to call dispatch. If you are the one they have on the list you will get a write up for stealing company time beacause you pulled over and the GPS says you did. Just watch your back. I do but I have not had the pleasure of them messing with me yet but I know my time is coming.

Isn't it against state law to use your cell phone while driving. I could make a case about being safe if they pushed me.....:ranting2:

Isn't it against state law to use your cell phone while driving. I could make a case about being safe if they pushed me.....:ranting2:

It is against state law. One of our drivers got a write up because of doing that. Mike and Troy said that was stealing company time. The driver refused to sign the write up and was giving a 1 day suspension for refusing to sign the write up.

I would've gotten HR involved in that deal.

The driver did called H.R. and the guy in H.R. said he would talk to them. They just started messing with him even harder. Anybody that calls H.R. they put them on a list who they want to fire.

I Used the guy in H.R. because I only know his last name I Don't know his first name.

as far as gps goes turn the dang thing off and they dont know anything:clap:

It is a no win situation. Mike or Troy will fire you for that. Damn, One driver had to shut it off to make liftgate deliveries because it kept draining the batteries, since the trucks don't stay running, got written up for that. Got fired when the GPS would not turn and he talked to the mechanics and wrote it up. I guess Mike and Troy thought he was lieing.

using a cell phone will driving in illinios is not a state law but is a ordinance in certain cities like chicago. Most people use a bluetooth and dont have to worry about violating this ordinance.

Talking on the cell phone while driving company equipment is a violation of company policy.. Even with a hands free device it's still a violation read the new safety handbook.:TR10driving03: