FedEx Freight | What is your CB handle, and why?

yep my mom gave mine at 12 years old, they used to go to cb jamborees in lexington, and lafalotte, and other down south places, the grown ups hung together while we chased the girls, mine is grass hopper, or as some would say, weedjumper, grass smoker, ha so grass hopper, never thought i would be driving a truck back then

JP, those are my initials, I never wanted to take one like midnight cowboy, thats just gay, or tumbleweed, that has been taken a thousand times, my initials will do just fine.

Who still uses a cb much less a handle? There was a time when I was really into CB. Had a base station, shot skip, ran amps, had really cool "extra channels". No more. In fact, in the last five years I would say they have gone nearly extinct unless you speak engrish as a second language.

I don't use one anymore either FDV, if I ever went back to it I would probably be like a pimp wearing a floppy hat and shoes with goldfish bowls for the sole, like in that movie, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka..LOL!!

No disrespect Hillbilly, but if your not saying anything to be ashamed of or that you wouldn't tell anyone else, it shouldn't matter.

Mines Critter..stuck since I was 16 and an outdoor life magazine came and misspelled my last name...LOL...and I put my Handle up because I AIN"T SKEERED. If they don't want my opinion they should'nt ask..plain and simple.RT?

Mines Critter..stuck since I was 16 and an outdoor life magazine came and misspelled my last name...LOL...and I put my Handle up because I AIN"T SKEERED. If they don't want my opinion they should'nt ask..plain and simple.RT?

Thats right Critter, I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't tell my own boss, its pretty liberating not having to hide, I feel like a woman in a bra burning party!

I get in trouble speakin my mind...ALOT...but ya just can't fix stupid:nono_h4h:

I used to get into alot of hot water when I worked at Fedex, I had a serious problem with being to vocal, its amazing I lasted 7 years, I've since learned to just go with the flow, I realized I can't change squat with my smart mouth, going with the flow is alot less stressfull, I usually just smile and shake my head, I laugh alot and talk to myself when I have some windshield time..oh and I sing!

I used to get into alot of hot water when I worked at Fedex, I had a serious problem with being to vocal, its amazing I lasted 7 years, I've since learned to just go with the flow, I realized I can't change squat with my smart mouth, going with the flow is alot less stressfull, I usually just smile and shake my head, I laugh alot and talk to myself when I have some windshield time..oh and I sing!
goin on ten years here have gotten to the point I say " I ain't got a dime in it " ( which my 3 year ol grandson has taken up ) or " it doesnt matter ":17142:

This post must have been put on here by a red shirt trying to make points with higher-up's....................tell us your name so we can laugh at you to your face, this is kinda a sound off place, you realy want someone (red shirts) to know who you are? I think not, cause you will soon be an ex-fed ex employee

Mine was not well thought out by using on TruckingBoards. Years ago back when I was a USF Dugan road driver I came to this board that had a few thousand members, maybe 20 new posts a week and that was busy. Back then 20 people online at once was busy. Now there is probably 43 looking at this thread right now lol. So everyone knows my name well.
My dad loves his beer and I had a 23 Ch midland base in my bedroom. I was 6 or 7 years old and wanted a nickname. So as one evening went on out in the barn watching dad and a few neighbors consume beer. They would have me go fetch beers. Started " hey Matt go get me a beer " after hours went on it was shortened to shouts of "BEER BOY" ! I knew it was a command and also a nickname that is world known now.
I don't worry who knows my name because I'm pretty much in human as I am online.

It's also a habit of old Dugan coworkers to use my CB name because that's what we did at Dugan. Your nickname was right there in the computer when you dispatched out. So it was common to just use a nickname.
Many often times at KCY or EKC right in front of every red shirt possible " Beerboy " is said loud by an old Dugan driver. Or guardrail. Just in spite of course. Not once have I gotten grief about it at Fedex freight.
I see smiles from ASCM's and a good looking always fair and my be the best (lol) dispatcher started using the term "Beerboy"

This post must have been put on here by a red shirt trying to make points with higher-up's....................tell us your name so we can laugh at you to your face, this is kinda a sound off place, you realy want someone (red shirts) to know who you are? I think not, cause you will soon be an ex-fed ex employee

Your serious? Like I said before, don't say anything your ashamed of and don't say anything you wouldn't tell someone to their face and you will be A OK!!

I worked for Fedex and everyone knew who I was, even my TM at the time, I never got fired, I quit, it was either that or starve, transfers...whatcha gonna do?

Don't worry one who waits, unless ur an ass and slam people with ::shit:: that you wouldn't say to their face, you have nothing to worry about! :)

It's also a habit of old Dugan coworkers to use my CB name because that's what we did at Dugan. Your nickname was right there in the computer when you dispatched out. So it was common to just use a nickname.
Many often times at KCY or EKC right in front of every red shirt possible " Beerboy " is said loud by an old Dugan driver. Or guardrail. Just in spite of course. Not once have I gotten grief about it at Fedex freight

You won't because your decent, plus they just look at your belly and go figure, BTW Guardrail thinks your gut is sexy...I'm just sayin....