FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am terrible at making my point because my written communication skills leave a bit to be desired.

Yes, you have demonstrated that on more than one occasion.
You seem to have trouble using and understanding words with more than three syllables.
Perhaps you should avoid using big words. It would be most unfortunate if someone were to publicly excoriate you for one of your unfortunate mistakes.

I do "work" for FedEx, amongst several others. I get a check from FedEx every month. Just not an employee.

Not trying to stir up trouble. Attempting to interject some logical discussion about the pros and cons. I've been involved in LTL for 28 years. I've worked both Union and Non-Union, on both sides of that dispatch window. EX396 is because of my former affiliation with Local 396. As to my identity, not too embarrassed, just mature and responsible enough to know that what I say on here could negatively impact folks who didn't have anything to do with my opinion.

I've read them. I hear some of the arguments. Don't think many realize the price they put on their "soul".

Try again, in English this time please.
I'm curious EX396, you claim you've been involved in the LTL business for 28 years and that you've worked both union and non-union. You also claim you had an affiliation with Local 396 which is for the most part a UPS local in Southern Cal. They do have some waste but have never had freight. And i'm not saying you were strictly 396, you might have been 357, 208, maybe 63 or 692, 952, all those were or are freight locals. How did a freight guy as you claim end up at a UPS local that you claim were "affiliated" with? As most of us that have been around the Teamsters for a long period of time know that a lot of former "union representatives" that get ousted or voted out go to the other side and become union busters because they feel they got shafted. Did you get banned for life from the Teamsters because of some mis-deed that you did? You claim you "work" for FEDex and that you collect a pay check every month? I'm sure that along with that FEDEX check you claim to get every month that a nice fat Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund check comes in right behind that. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious EX396, you claim you've been involved in the LTL business for 28 years and that you've worked both union and non-union. You also claim you had an affiliation with Local 396 which is for the most part a UPS local in Southern Cal. They do have some waste but have never had freight.

Dig out the Teamster's history books or find an ol' timer. 396 did have freight through much of the 70's and all of the 80's.

TeamRider said:
How did a freight guy as you claim end up at a UPS local that you claim were "affiliated" with?

The carrier I worked for beginning 1986 was Local 396 when it was in LA.

Did you get banned for life from the Teamsters because of some mis-deed that you did? You claim you "work" for FEDex and that you collect a pay check every month? I'm sure that along with that FEDEX check you claim to get every month that a nice fat Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund check comes in right behind that. Right?

Nope on both counts. I took a withdrawal card, just in case.

No Teamsters Pension Trust Fund check for me, wasn't in long enough to become vested.

Maybe some of the pro-Union folks should spend more time touting the benefits of voting union at FedEx (as the thread title suggests), while wasting less time attempting to discredit me. If you don't agree with my statements or opinions then debate them.

Dig out the Teamster's history books or find an ol' timer. 396 did have freight through much of the 70's and all of the 80's.

The carrier I worked for beginning 1986 was Local 396 when it was in LA.

Nope on both counts. I took a withdrawal card, just in case.

No Teamsters Pension Trust Fund check for me, wasn't in long enough to become vested.
The ONLY LA locals through the 60s, 70's, 80's and currently that had freight members are the one's i have stated. Name ONE company that Local 396 represented that was freight. Local 396 was always a small package local since it's inception.
Through out the 60s, 70s and 80s the only freight locals were Dock workers Local 357, and drivers local 208 in the Los Angeles area. Local 692 represented drivers in the harbor area and local 235 represented the drivers in Orange Co, all this through the 60s, 70's and 80s.

Maybe some of the pro-Union folks should spend more time touting the benefits of voting union at FedEx (as the thread title suggests), while wasting less time attempting to discredit me. If you don't agree with my statements or opinions then debate them.
I'm just curious about your time in the Teamsters. Maybe your a little shy about posting the truth about your past and i understand.
But it was you who was busy disclosing your history on this thread and i just responded to it since you claim your a "freight" guy out of Local 396.

The ONLY LA locals through the 60s, 70's, 80's and currently that had freight members are the one's i have stated. Name ONE company that Local 396 represented that was freight. Local 396 was always a small package local since it's inception.

When you don't know it all, you shouldn't speak as though you do. It really makes you look foolish trying to discredit somebody and end up being wrong.

Industrial Freight Systems, 9120 San Fernando Road, Sun Valley, CA. One of the largest Intrastate LTL carriers in the 80's-90's was 396. Good enough for you?

Industrial Freight System......WhoTF were they.
Were they the outfit with a gear for a logo and lettering in red on white trailers?
Hardly a powerhouse in the LTL sector.

When you don't know it all, you shouldn't speak as though you do. It really makes you look foolish trying to discredit somebody and end up being wrong.

Industrial Freight Systems, 9120 San Fernando Road, Sun Valley, CA. One of the largest Intrastate LTL carriers in the 80's-90's was 396. Good enough for you?
Not a 396 represented company. That company was represented by local 208 and 357 and later local 63. You can't tell me you really think people believe you right?

Work rules>>>>>>>>>>>We still don't have them
Fair work rules. Work rules that are in place and cannot change on a whim. Someone to be able to report to that will actually follow up when ops mgrs say things like "I know I just took ten minutes of your pre-trip time away, and I'm not telling you to cut any corners, but we still need to get out of the yard on time.".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Industrial Freight System......WhoTF were they.
Were they the outfit with a gear for a logo and lettering in red on white trailers?
Hardly a powerhouse in the LTL sector.

I was in 692 for about 15 years(70's and 80's) and lived in So Cal for 38 years and I also have never heard of them.

Not a 396 represented company. That company was represented by local 208 and 357 and later local 63. You can't tell me you really think people believe you right?

Please cite your source with a link. While 208 and 357 may have represented some terminals, 396 DID in fact represent others.

Richard Cranium said:
Industrial Freight System....WhoTF were they. Were they the outfit with a gear for a logo and lettering red on white trailers? Hardly a powerhouse in the LTL sector.
I was in 692 for about 15 years(70's and 80's) and lived in So Cal for 38 years and I also have never heard of them.

They were one of the major Intrastate LTL's at the time. Yes, they were the ones with the little red gears for a logo.

From: Industrial Freight System of Sun Valley, Calif., Files Chapter 11. (Originated from Traffic World) - Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News | HighBeam Research emphasis is mine:

"The continuing economic slump in California combined with stiffening competition among West Coast regional carriers caused a major Western LTL carrier to declare for Chapter 11 reorganization late last month.

Industrial Freight System, Sun Valley, Calif., filed for reorganization Aug. 31, according to president Michael P. Gamel, <snip>Besides Industrial, the nine major truckers in the California LTL market (shown with ownership) are: Con-Way Western Express (CF); Crescent Truck Lines (private); Di Salvo Trucking (private); G. …"

May not have been on your radar, or large enough for you to consider them a powerhouse, but that's irrelevant. The point is, I was challenged to name a single LTL carrier that was represented by 396. I did.

Can I get a translator?
I think he is saying you don't work for FedEx so what do you know about being happy at FedEx?

Why is it that a no vote means they are misinformed? Why must the no voters respect your union status and opinion but when they express their decision, you degrade or put them down as ill-informed? People with your attitude don't help your drive.

Guardrail

I think he is saying you don't work for FedEx so what do you know about being happy at FedEx?

Why is it that a no vote means they are misinformed? Why must the no voters respect your union status and opinion but when they express their decision, you degrade or put them down as ill-informed? People with your attitude don't help your drive.

Guardrail

I never made a comment about his, mine, or anyone else's happiness at fedex. I was referring to his past posts about the union and how he is ill-informed about the union. Thats not degrading thats pointing out his lack of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.