FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
skeeter there is a huge difference, between ups buying overnite and the union falling in your lap, and what fed ex freight is about to go through. maybe you should answer this one "truthfully" and this would be a WAY BETTER comparision. when you worked at overnite, were you a yes vote or no vote for the union? becuz if you were a no vote, then you might as well retract your last statement, but if you were a yes vote, then carry on and I apoligize. what fed ex is guna go thru will break up long time friendships over a vote, but you know that, you are an old overnite hand......

I was a no vote because of our benefits and retirement. I didn't think Overnite needed to be union. But UPS changed all that. You are right it will break up long term friendships. I my opinion Overnite was nothing like FedEx... But we are in different times...

Just today senior drivers are asked to go home early to give work to the bottom seniority drivers and to open up tractors . This is not the drivers fault to go home before 8 because of over hiring. While some bottom drivers will get 12 hours for a longer p&d run.
Just another reason

Just today senior drivers are asked to go home early to give work to the bottom seniority drivers and to open up tractors . This is not the drivers fault to go home before 8 because of over hiring.
Just another reason
it used to be bottom drivers would hit the dock or have to run shuttles while senior drivers got to get better hours. Another reason seniority doesn't get u anything but a spot on the bid and your vacation. This is why we need representation !!

Just today senior drivers are asked to go home early to give work to the bottom seniority drivers and to open up tractors . This is not the drivers fault to go home before 8 because of over hiring. While some bottom drivers will get 12 hours for a longer p&d run.
Just another reason

This happened to me today,just shy of my 8 because they needed a truck and I was close by.

hope everyone is getting the big picture here after fedex found out we can vote cdl only they r wanting to hire more new drivers and scaring them in to voting no. also they are trying to push us older guys out with fresh young faces like all other major corporations. show them a little money kick the old farts like me out lol save money on ins. its not hard to see whats going on. if you are one of the ones like me that want to retire here you pretty much don't have any other choose other then to vote yes. personally in the past was never for the union but the union has changed for the better. yea there are still crooked people in the union and they will be caught with the help of the nrlb which never existed back then. fedex management are worse then the union guys could ever be. but they don't have the nlrb breathing down their neck like the union YET. with the union the nlrb will be watching fedex and making sure you don't get fired for some kind of bull crap fedex comes up with. yes you can still get fired but if you do your job even if your make a mistake or two even three you will keep your job. unless you get dui or drug charges. then that will be a little harder to keep ur job. main thing is if your happy with be treated like crap vote no, if you want to be treated with respect and better benefits vote yes.

This happened to me today,just shy of my 8 because they needed a truck and I was close by.

This is an ongoing issue, especially with the frantic (desperate) pace of hiring. Simply more drivers than trucks. And when there is one or two in shop status... they are in a crisis situation. Oh and since they no longer stock parts (in our shop) it doesn't take much to put a truck out of service.

Just another reason
Been here 11 years and it has always been the practice of asking by seniority if anyone wanted to go home early so I don't really see the problem, if you wanted to work you could have said no I'll stay ask someone else.

People have tried they say no more work everything is covered then when you find out the next morning others went out they said last minute call ins. Or some other crap

Yeah that happened to me a few times, then I addressed it up the chain of command and then made it clear to dispatch that I wanted the over time. If they said we are done I would tell them if anyone with lower seniority went out that would be a problem. They miraculously would find something. After a little bit of that I didn't have the problem anymore. It worked for me and several guys above me as we'll. you have to stand up for yourself.

Yeah that happened to me a few times, then I addressed it up the chain of command and then made it clear to dispatch that I wanted the over time. If they said we are done I would tell them if anyone with lower seniority went out that would be a problem. They miraculously would find something. After a little bit of that I didn't have the problem anymore. It worked for me and several guys above me as we'll. you have to stand up for yourself.

Guess going to my OM first and then the ASCM wasn't high enough. We still got sent home after six hours so that the freshly minted drivers from the DDI program wouldn't get discouraged over not getting the hours they wanted.
They were afraid the ink is still wet on the diploma drivers would quit and go somewhere else and all their training would have been money down the drain.

Guess going to my OM first and then the ASCM wasn't high enough. We still got sent home after six hours so that the freshly minted drivers from the DDI program wouldn't get discouraged over not getting the hours they wanted.
They were afraid the ink is still wet on the diploma drivers would quit and go somewhere else and all their training would have been money down the drain.

Well RC I wasn't there but I would have stood my ground. Don't loose your cool or be profane but make it clear they are breaking the rules and you won't stand for it, what will the do to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.