FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that happened to me a few times, then I addressed it up the chain of command and then made it clear to dispatch that I wanted the over time. If they said we are done I would tell them if anyone with lower seniority went out that would be a problem. They miraculously would find something. After a little bit of that I didn't have the problem anymore. It worked for me and several guys above me as we'll. you have to stand up for yourself.

People do the same thing here but it never seems to work in thier favor it's excuse after excuse and yet the bottom guys still get 2-3 more hours of OT

Well RC I wasn't there but I would have stood my ground. Don't loose your cool or be profane but make it clear they are breaking the rules and you won't stand for it, what will the do to you?

Rules? That's freakin' hysterical. According to my SCM, what we think of as rules aren't rules.
They are guidelines for him to interpret and implement as he saw fit.
HR was no help.
A printed contract would have solved the problem.

They don't enforce nothing at our barn we have a lazy azz that shows up to work late just about everyday, nobody ever says a word to him because he has sucked his way in.

No it won't.

Really? Worked pretty damn good when I was covered by the NMFA. Fill out the run around paper, give it to the BA and get paid.
BA tells the boss, you don't follow the rules, two guys get paid.

Now if you say oh, that's ok FedEx, I like getting screwed, then it becomes past practice and everyone gets screwed.

Really? Worked pretty damn good when I was covered by the NMFA. Fill out the run around paper, give it to the BA and get paid.
BA tells the boss, you don't follow the rules, two guys get paid.

Now if you say oh, that's ok FedEx, I like getting screwed, then it becomes past practice and everyone gets screwed.

Wait and see, this ain't the NMFA. You tell the BA, BA tells FedEx Fedex tells BA you were not available at the time blah blah blah and they will do nothing. I'm curious if the teamsters were so great why did you leave?

RC said his seniority date works just fine.
I agree with him.

Wait....what?!?

Who's seniority works just fine? And to whom do u agree with?!

Just another reason we all learned NOT to speak in the 3rd person, in elementary school! Lol
Speaking in the 3rd person is only cool when The Rock does it!

Wait....what?!?

Who's seniority works just fine? And to whom do u agree with?!

Just another reason we all learned NOT to speak in the 3rd person, in elementary school! Lol
Speaking in the 3rd person is only cool when The Rock does it!

I thought I was the only one annoyed with the 3 person crap.

A printed contract would have solved the problem.

Not if said contract only states that once you punch you are guaranteed 8 and that you bid start time.

You start at 6, I start at 9. Come 2:30 they send you home with your 8. I don't have my 8 yet, so I still work. Come 5:30 there are still a few pick ups to make and I end up working until 7 pm. I end up with 1 1/2 hours of OT and you with zero. What problem did that contract solve? I still got more hours than you and you punched out while I was still working.

Not if said contract only states that once you punch you are guaranteed 8 and that you bid start time.

You start at 6, I start at 9. Come 2:30 they send you home with your 8. I don't have my 8 yet, so I still work. Come 5:30 there are still a few pick ups to make and I end up working until 7 pm. I end up with 1 1/2 hours of OT and you with zero. What problem did that contract solve? I still got more hours than you and you punched out while I was still working.

Careful, we don't want to bring up reality!

Then RC would imagine that an intelligent person would bid the later shift if his priority was extra hours.
RC doesn't do deliveries and therefore could give a rat's ass about OT.
RC DOES HOWEVER CARE A GREAT DEAL ABOUT DISPATCH RULES AND ORDER OF DISPATCH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, most of us don't need to know how strongly you feel about The Rock.
Do you need to take a personal moment and um.....

Sorry pops, I didn't mean to use a 90's pop-culture reference and have it go totally over your head. I'll enlighten you: back in the day, one of The Rock's signature witty comeback to an opponent's verbal assault, would be to simply yell "it doesn't matter (insert subject here)" to humiliate said-opponent.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled programming.

BE WISE! ORGANIZE!

Status
Not open for further replies.