FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interested in improving myself, I'm interested in improving my situation where I work. It's a bit puzzling to me that the union is discussed as if it is some kind of seperate thing and not a group of employees wanting something better for the time they give to the job.
My problem is that it isn't really all that bad here. There are many people on here pro union that I do agree with however there are countless many that I don't. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find it hard to believe that any group of drivers can come to a consensus about even the small issues. And there's also way too many people in this world that vote with their emotions and the pressure of others for me to put my faith in the uninformed majority. In the end if the union is imposed mark my word SOME DRIVERS WILL GET THE SHAFT! !, If not everybody in one form or another. I don't think any corporation can prosper and grow when they are divided. With that being said it would be nice to see fedex give this push their blessing. I think it would be a smart move on their part. After all I think it would be easier in times of disagreement for the company to point at a contract as well and say " this is the way you wanted it". I'm really neither for or against. I just hope the for side gets everything they dream it will be out of it. And not to many people get run over in the process. .. have a good weekend.

Want to be guaranteed 8 hours pay everyday, even on Sat work you should be getting a minimum of 4 & 20 min which equal a days pay. Plus OT on Sat & Sun work even if you do not have 40 hours during the week.

I'm not interested in improving myself, I'm interested in improving my situation where I work. It's a bit puzzling to me that the union is discussed as if it is some kind of seperate thing and not a group of employees wanting something better for the time they give to the job.

Less than a mere 34 cents/hour improvement offsets the cost of membership. That is the break even point... The price for a voice at the table. AND that cost only starts after a ratified contract is in place. No contract? No dues. No results, no cost. Not a bad deal, in my opinion. And you'll get to vote again to approve a contract or not.

Few services offer a deal like that. They'll try to help you and you only pay if your satisfied? While there are no guarantees, the terms provide the closest thing to it, you'll likely ever see (IMHO)

Gotta run, I hear a ticking sound. Tick, tick, tick. Could it be... ? I think it is! :1904:

" I don't think any corporation can prosper and grow when they are divided. "

Those words are yours djigman. You also talk about "uninformed" people. Well, seems like you are one of those "uninformed". And for that, I will "inform" you.
Let's start like this...

First, there are quite a few Corporations that have been in bed with the Union for decades and still function quite well and are prosperous for both sides. UPS being one of the oldest. You also have Auto workers Union, Airline pilots Union, Police Unions, Firefighters, School bus Drivers, Teachers Unions, this Union, that Union, etc.

Most of the Corporations and Company's that had labor Unions folded for various reasons, most of it the Corporation or Company's own fault. And some of the reasons are the following...

Upper Management greed, awarding themselves outrageous salaries and bonuses. Not delivering great customer service, Corporations sometimes act as they are doing the customer a favor (have you ever dealt with your cable provider over the phone? your cellular company, insurance companies etc.). Lack of maintaining equipment and infrastructure, and probably the biggest one overall MISMANAGEMENT!! There are a few more I could mention, but they are not as big however, they also contribute. But, you get the picture.

Can the Unions also be a cause of the downfall of a company or Corporation? Sure, but not as much. Unions and the Membership have more to loose if a company or a Corporation fails. It's a NO WIN situation. However, the fat cats on top CAN afford to take the company or corp. down because they get to leave with the money and the GOLDEN PARACHUTES.

Now, after being "informed", do you still believe that it is in the Union's and Memberships best interest to bring a company or corporation to it's knees?

One last word to enlighten you more...
The absolute BIGGEST reason why no Company or Corporation wants Unions is due to one simple word... ready...
IT'S CALLED ACCOUNTABILITY!!! If employees organize there will have to be more accountability from the top, center and bottom. There will have to be more TRANSPARENCY from Management. Management does NOT want these things, the want CONTROL and Unions and their memberships take away some of their CONTROL.

But, since I am NOT biased... Unions are NOT innocent either. I have seen Corporations and Unions make deals using "the back door". And it rewards them, but not necessarily the Membership.

So, when we get in bed with the Union, remember this... ALWAYS SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN.!!!
When you are NOT BIASED, it's easier to see the truth.
AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!

Management Fair work rules and the 8 hour gurentee work day possible better wages and better all around atmosphere

" I don't think any corporation can prosper and grow when they are divided. "

Those words are yours djigman. You also talk about "uninformed" people. Well, seems like you are one of those "uninformed". And for that, I will "inform" you.
Let's start like this...

First, there are quite a few Corporations that have been in bed with the Union for decades and still function quite well and are prosperous for both sides. UPS being one of the oldest. You also have Auto workers Union, Airline pilots Union, Police Unions, Firefighters, School bus Drivers, Teachers Unions, this Union, that Union, etc.

Most of the Corporations and Company's that had labor Unions folded for various reasons, most of it the Corporation or Company's own fault. And some of the reasons are the following...

Upper Management greed, awarding themselves outrageous salaries and bonuses. Not delivering great customer service, Corporations sometimes act as they are doing the customer a favor (have you ever dealt with your cable provider over the phone? your cellular company, insurance companies etc.). Lack of maintaining equipment and infrastructure, and probably the biggest one overall MISMANAGEMENT!! There are a few more I could mention, but they are not as big however, they also contribute. But, you get the picture.

Can the Unions also be a cause of the downfall of a company or Corporation? Sure, but not as much. Unions and the Membership have more to loose if a company or a Corporation fails. It's a NO WIN situation. However, the fat cats on top CAN afford to take the company or corp. down because they get to leave with the money and the GOLDEN PARACHUTES.

Now, after being "informed", do you still believe that it is in the Union's and Memberships best interest to bring a company or corporation to it's knees?

One last word to enlighten you more...
The absolute BIGGEST reason why no Company or Corporation wants Unions is due to one simple word... ready...
IT'S CALLED ACCOUNTABILITY!!! If employees organize there will have to be more accountability from the top, center and bottom. There will have to be more TRANSPARENCY from Management. Management does NOT want these things, the want CONTROL and Unions and their memberships take away some of their CONTROL.

But, since I am NOT biased... Unions are NOT innocent either. I have seen Corporations and Unions make deals using "the back door". And it rewards them, but not necessarily the Membership.

So, when we get in bed with the Union, remember this... ALWAYS SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN.!!!
When you are NOT BIASED, it's easier to see the truth.
AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!
Yep.. They are my words.. just saying it would be easier to support if it was welcomed by fedex. . and about the informed I'm just saying once the union gets in most people just vote one way or the other because the union heads tell them to. It's not like some imagine in their heads, you will actually get to physically sit down and directly negotiate with the company. . And ya some think that. .

Overnite spent millions of dollars and several years fighting the Teamsters. Many of the Overnite terminals voted for the Teamsters. Overnite's answer was to freeze the wages and benefits of those terminals, and give raises to the terminals who were still independent the following year. As fate would have it UPS bought Overnite, and that open the flood gates for the Teamsters. I just don't think Uncle Freddy will cooperate as much as UPS did. Just my opinion TP

Overnite spent millions of dollars and several years fighting the Teamsters. Many of the Overnite terminals voted for the Teamsters. Overnite's answer was to freeze the wages and benefits of those terminals, and give raises to the terminals who were still independent the following year. As fate would have it UPS bought Overnite, and that open the flood gates for the Teamsters. I just don't think Uncle Freddy will cooperate as much as UPS did. Just my opinion TP
Agreed....

Just my opinion, but Fred doesn't have to cooperate AS MUCH A UPS DID, for us to be successful.

I've said this before, but the best thing would be to negotiate in good faith, providing a better work environment, above par compensation package, while honoring seniority as well as some incentive for those that excel. A long term win/win could possibly be achieved, while only loosing a couple of percentage points (short term) off the bottom line. Actually a win/win/win. Company saves cost of fighting this, as well as limits P/R risks. Employees' needs met. Stability and sustainable long term growth, achieved, which stockholders like.

Once it's inevitable, I think Fred (or more likely Bill Logue) might take my Idea, and call it his own.. :Poke:

I can't come up with one myself
:soapbox: Here is your chance to tell everyone your main reason why you want a union to represent us here at FedEx Freight please.

IE > (mistreatment by management , pay , new rules , old rules , work hours , too many hours , not enough hours , color of our uniforms , ect.........)

Then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, I thought this was for a better future for you and your families. I really think for a lot of you it's snout "sticking" it tho Fedex.

The US v. THEM is systemic in most union environments. It only takes a handful at each barn sticking it to the evil greedy company, or sticking it to the lazy piece of crap union worker to make the working environment such a caustic place. Many of the things you were hoping the union would solve are the things that get worse.

blahblahblah i don't work here but have to post because it's my job blahblahblahblah union bad company good blahblahblahblah nobody cares if u don't work here.

The US v. THEM is systemic in most union environments. It only takes a handful at each barn sticking it to the evil greedy company, or sticking it to the lazy piece of crap union worker to make the working environment such a caustic place. Many of the things you were hoping the union would solve are the things that get worse.
So its better when its one sided like in a non-union environment? Just the company sticking it to the workers

Status
Not open for further replies.