FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I turned it down, backed out. I went with Central Freight Lines near my house. It's about 6 miles from my house, laid back, and nice new equipment. I actually love it. I hope it was a good choice in the long run. If not, I'm gaining valuable experience.
I have a friend that works at Central Freight in Dallas.He is one of the 10 drivers out of that terminal.I think he said they pay .49 a mile

I have a friend that works at Central Freight in Dallas.He is one of the 10 drivers out of that terminal.I think he said they pay .49 a mile

He's likely happier than if he'd taken the FedEx gig. He also said he was gaining experience. Hopefully, since he's i still fairly young, he'll seek a position at UPS Freight, at the first opportunity. That is what's I'd do, if I was in his position.

I'm out of FTW myself, but I know little about the Line department. But I do know that on weekends they offer me .525 a mile to help out on road runs.

He's likely happier than if he'd taken the FedEx gig. He also said he was gaining experience. Hopefully, since he's i still fairly young, he'll seek a position at UPS Freight, at the first opportunity. That is what's I'd do, if I was in his position.

That would be the idea, sir. Unless of course you guys tell me how great it is at FXF in a year or two!

88K and a bid I like. Convince me the I need more, please !

Maybe you don't want more or need more, but would you like to keep what you have? Are you familiar with Purchase Transportation?

Now, look at the numbers below. Do you see a trend? That trend will effect you. Just a matter of time.

Benefit_Chart_Update_1.jpg

Not bad at all.

The only big differences I see are a potential expensive Emergency room visit and if you are on a lot of expensive medications.

Those plans in the private sector would cost you a small fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad at all.

The only big differences I see are a potential expensive Emergency room visit and if you are on a lot of expensive medications.

It's even better when compared to ours. For comparison, look at our "premium" (best) plan:

Looks like a straight 80/20 plan for the most part with no copays. That sucks, and I'm sorry, is that $700 a month for family benefits? If so, that's terrible.

What the hell does the "worst" plan cost/look like?

Looks like a straight 80/20 plan for the most part with no copays. That sucks, and I'm sorry, is that $700 a month for family benefits? If so, that's terrible.

What the hell does the "worst" plan cost/look like?

It's about $300/mo for family, including dental/vision.

The "lesser" plan, is almost the same, except it's 70/30 instead of 80/20.
And also this:

Annual Deductible
$2,250 individual, $4,500 family. All in-network services, excluding Primary Care services and prescription drug, apply to the in-network deductible.

Medical - Annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum
$4,850 individual, $9,700 family. Includes deductible. All coinsurance, excluding prescription drug, applies to the out-of-pocket maximum. No cross accumulation between in-network and out-of-network.

Not bad at all.

Does it only pay 80% if your admitted to the hospital??

It's about $300/mo for family, including dental/vision.

The "lesser" plan, is almost the same, except it's 70/30 instead of 80/20.
And also this:

Annual Deductible
$2,250 individual, $4,500 family. All in-network services, excluding Primary Care services and prescription drug, apply to the in-network deductible.

Medical - Annual Out-of-Pocket Maximum
$4,850 individual, $9,700 family. Includes deductible. All coinsurance, excluding prescription drug, applies to the out-of-pocket maximum. No cross accumulation between in-network and out-of-network.
Is this for the FedEx plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.