FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work rules. Representation in conflicts. Possible better benefits. Reigning in out of control managers. Grievances.

Work rules. Representation in conflicts. Possible better benefits. Reigning in out of control managers. Grievances.
I don't know why and how all this union activity got started.Hey I think it's great.Im a Teamster and I support all men and women who are seeking representation and a voice in the workplace.

FXF needed to be organized a long time ago.Ever since they bought out American Freightways.The treatment and heavy handness over the labor has gotten way out of hand.Voice in the workplace and representation will be the cure.Im a friend of labor...always.

Ok I think I have formed my opinion on this. I think since I have participated in some of the conversations on here. That it is only fair that I share it.
First off while I do see the value of unification, I also understand the company wanting to keep that so called competitive edge. With that said I find myself torn between some of the many good points that the drivers would like to change and the independent operation of the company as it stands now.
In defense of the company I understand allot of why the work safety and equipment damaging policies need to be in place. How else do you curtail some of the liabilities that this company faces everyday? Especially with the driver shortage what it is, basically forcing them To put drivers in their trucks with little or no experience. It's not easy for any company to adapt to the ever-changing economy when strapped into union contracts. Thus I feel this company and many others have lagged behind a little over the past few years, unsure of the future economy. I believe the company has done this and right now when the effort is being made to bring the company back to the level it once was, it is facing union efforts that will only stifle the companies efforts. I could go on with more but I think you get my point.

To defend the union effort. . The company has not to my knowledge ever tried to set up an in house workforce harmonizing commitee. If you want not to have a union, I feel something is necessary to give the employees a real voice. Example: bring forward changes in policy to the committees and let them Debate and vote whether or not the change has the employee and the companies best interest. Let some of the highly experienced employees educate the company for a change! !
The employees have also been effected by the slow economy in the past and have suffered as well. I think many drivers feel the company has taken advantage of the slower economy and short changed them with the excuse of economy and health care. I don't see now how this will be rectified without unification. We feel we can't trust fedex to do it ,without consequences down the road! PT use in lieu of drivers sitting home is ridiculous IMHO at any cost to the company and needs to stop immediately. After all we don't have the means of making up for that loss nor the convenience of telling them " o ya BTW weeee won't be in today". Pension and Healthcare Benefits need adjustment now. Our futures will be difficult under the current system! If you're going to use us up in our prime years. We need to be reassured we will be financially secure in our latter years..

All this said those for the union. I support you. Those that don't I understand you.

With all the negativity towards Unions and the brainwashing(programing) that's been going on for decades now.Plus the involvement of our United States Chamber of Commerce.Whereby the Chamber has been using tax payer monies to help fund these US corporations to leave our country.With all these elements combined.It gives us American people the illusion that Unions have destroyed the employment scene.Combined that with entitlement programs.Whereby these entitlements make these people dependant on the government.The consequences of these events.The labor force is severely fractured.The middle class as we know it has all but disappeared.Then we have a high unemployment rate.People dependant on govt subsidies and laziness.Then the immigration laws are laxed.To allow undocumented aliens into this country.Thereby lowering the real wages and taking of jobs for less.Our great Union works on all fronts.To combat the exiting of jobs.To stop the illegal workers from taking our jobs.To build unity and Solidarity for all labor.Divided we all beg.United we stand.We are all American workers.Why we aren't all united is beyond me.Albeit not all things are perfect in a Union.Decisions are made on behalf of the labor by the Union(s).To give credit to the Unions.They have a great purpose and for the most part.They do more good than harm.My allegiance is for all of labor.Not these corporations or to the Kumpany.Because these corporations or Kumpanys don't care about you or our families.if you are for the company.Then join their management team.

With all the negativity towards Unions and the brainwashing(programing) that's been going on for decades now.Plus the involvement of our United States Chamber of Commerce.Whereby the Chamber has been using tax payer monies to help fund these US corporations to leave our country.With all these elements combined.It gives us American people the illusion that Unions have destroyed the employment scene.Combined that with entitlement programs.Whereby these entitlements make these people dependant on the government.The consequences of these events.The labor force is severely fractured.The middle class as we know it has all but disappeared.Then we have a high unemployment rate.People dependant on govt subsidies and laziness.Then the immigration laws are laxed.To allow undocumented aliens into this country.Thereby lowering the real wages and taking of jobs for less.Our great Union works on all fronts.To combat the exiting of jobs.To stop the illegal workers from taking our jobs.To build unity and Solidarity for all labor.Divided we all beg.United we stand.We are all American workers.Why we aren't all united is beyond me.Albeit not all things are perfect in a Union.Decisions are made on behalf of the labor by the Union(s).To give credit to the Unions.They have a great purpose and for the most part.They do more good than harm.My allegiance is for all of labor.Not these corporations or to the Kumpany.Because these corporations or Kumpanys don't care about you or our families.if you are for the company.Then join their management team.
If I wanted to manage, it sure as hell wouldn't be for fxf.. one of the most micromanaged Kumpanies I've ever seen.

Ok I think I have formed my opinion on this. I think since I have participated in some of the conversations on here. That it is only fair that I share it.
First off while I do see the value of unification, I also understand the company wanting to keep that so called competitive edge. With that said I find myself torn between some of the many good points that the drivers would like to change and the independent operation of the company as it stands now.
In defense of the company I understand allot of why the work safety and equipment damaging policies need to be in place. How else do you curtail some of the liabilities that this company faces everyday? Especially with the driver shortage what it is, basically forcing them To put drivers in their trucks with little or no experience. It's not easy for any company to adapt to the ever-changing economy when strapped into union contracts. Thus I feel this company and many others have lagged behind a little over the past few years, unsure of the future economy. I believe the company has done this and right now when the effort is being made to bring the company back to the level it once was, it is facing union efforts that will only stifle the companies efforts. I could go on with more but I think you get my point.

To defend the union effort. . The company has not to my knowledge ever tried to set up an in house workforce harmonizing commitee. If you want not to have a union, I feel something is necessary to give the employees a real voice. Example: bring forward changes in policy to the committees and let them Debate and vote whether or not the change has the employee and the companies best interest. Let some of the highly experienced employees educate the company for a change! !
The employees have also been effected by the slow economy in the past and have suffered as well. I think many drivers feel the company has taken advantage of the slower economy and short changed them with the excuse of economy and health care. I don't see now how this will be rectified without unification. We feel we can't trust fedex to do it ,without consequences down the road! PT use in lieu of drivers sitting home is ridiculous IMHO at any cost to the company and needs to stop immediately. After all we don't have the means of making up for that loss nor the convenience of telling them " o ya BTW weeee won't be in today". Pension and Healthcare Benefits need adjustment now. Our futures will be difficult under the current system! If you're going to use us up in our prime years. We need to be reassured we will be financially secure in our latter years..

All this said those for the union. I support you. Those that don't I understand you.

I also understand the company wanting to keep that so called competitive edge Are you kidding me???

That is the number one reason we need the union. It is that brain wash this country has been using for years and it's been working.

That is why most of our jobs are in China,,, The working middle class are the ones that need the competitive edge

Thinking your company cares about you is a big mistake. Some lower level managers may show a degree of concern, but it only goes so far. Their bosses make impose their agendas on them and it happens all the way up the chain.

I'm rather neutral on the union subject at the moment, but I know one thing, these companies are in the business of giving less, minimizing costs. I'm a young guy with only 6 years in the business, but I'm becoming convinced that it will take a massive wake up call to make this industry what it needs to be. I'm happy to see things going well for you guys.

I also understand the company wanting to keep that so called competitive edge Are you kidding me???

That is the number one reason we need the union. It is that brain wash this country has been using for years and it's been working.

That is why most of our jobs are in China,,, The working middle class are the ones that need the competitive edge

I think the exportation and outsourcing of jobs is despicable. I know capitalism is what this country is based in, but love for one another and taking care of your fellow man was even moreso a guiding principle. Business is about te bottom line as well as the people who help produce that bottom line.

I think the exportation and outsourcing of jobs is despicable. I know capitalism is what this country is based in, but love for one another and taking care of your fellow man was even moreso a guiding principle. Business is about te bottom line as well as the people who help produce that bottom line.

That guiding principle is fine and good. But doesn't apply here. These are greedy LTL companies that only care about the bottom line. We can have love for one another while we all sign cards for a better future for our families...

Thinking your company cares about you is a big mistake. Some lower level managers may show a degree of concern, but it only goes so far. Their bosses make impose their agendas on them and it happens all the way up the chain.

I'm rather neutral on the union subject at the moment, but I know one thing, these companies are in the business of giving less, minimizing costs. I'm a young guy with only 6 years in the business, but I'm becoming convinced that it will take a massive wake up call to make this industry what it needs to be. I'm happy to see things going well for you guys.
You are wise beyond your years. I wish more "young people" were as well informed as yourself. Too many are more informed about the latest LOL cat video or what the Kardashians are up to.

Did you read the whole post or just that sentence. .:eek:
Try thinking a little deeper.

mlang, I thought you were considering taking a job at FedEx Freight, and then did take that job. Do I have you mixed up with another "Texas" guy? I'm lazy today, so it's easier to ask, than search...

mlang, I thought you were considering taking a job at FedEx Freight, and then did take that job. Do I have you mixed up with another "Texas" guy? I'm lazy today, so it's easier to ask, than search...

Actually I turned it down, backed out. I went with Central Freight Lines near my house. It's about 6 miles from my house, laid back, and nice new equipment. I actually love it. I hope it was a good choice in the long run. If not, I'm gaining valuable experience.

That guiding principle is fine and good. But doesn't apply here. These are greedy LTL companies that only care about the bottom line. We can have love for one another while we all sign cards for a better future for our families...

In looking back at that post it read as if I was arguing your point. My mistake. I actually was trying to point out that taking care of your employees was a priority. I was attempting to support your argument, Skeeter, but I wasn't as eloquent as I had hoped haha.

You are wise beyond your years. I wish more "young people" were as well informed as yourself. Too many are more informed about the latest LOL cat video or what the Kardashians are up to.

I should have used multiple quotes in a single post, but oh well, I apologize haha. Thanks man, it feels great to be in the LTL business now, but it, like a lot of other sections of the transportation industry has stagnated, it appears, and needs to be shaken up. I think all the turbulence is great!

At 27, I am a bit green to most guys here, and with most of my 6 years being in food and beverage I feel like I'm 40 sometimes haha. But thanks for the kind words. I was raised by an old school set of parents. I'll give credit where credit is due.

I just hate sounding so negative, but people these days irritate me. I'm gonna be sad when all the boomers vacate this industry. I love the older guys I work with and try to be a "sponge" when around them. Lot of things I've learned over the years come from listening to those who know a great deal more than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.