FedEx Freight | what kind of people do we hire?

see it every day.had a young hand(driver) said he had a bad trip back from kansas city it was windy asked him waht he was gonna do when the snow hits I also asked him the what the longest run he had done he said kc i said do what he said kc again and the he asked me I told sea to shining sea he wanted to know what that meant I told him coast to coast. If that what they are hiring and training good luck to us all.dont have a problem with no experince we all start some where however we had to do it as 2nd seat for a long period of time

It's sign language for people that can't read, write or speak eeenglitch!! Europe does it and so does Canada. I say "LEARN THE FREAKING LANGUAGE FIRST"!!!! Whatever country you may live in !!!!

I had an outside vendor (mechanic) tell me he went on a service call to one of our guys ....a new guy....very young....who called in that the brakes were locked up.......the douche bag had the trolly on.....and he begged the mechanic not to say anything...when asked what he did..he wouldnt tell me..

I was at a customer lot and was trying to drop a set. I couldn't get the fifth wheel on the dolly to release so they called the vendor. Before I called it in I was doing everything I knew to do and couldn't get it. Vendor got there walked right and pulled it. Pissed me off. Asked him not to say anything he said I'll tell I had to put the chains to it.

Lazy ones it appears, the glad-hand metal fitting that was worn through and leaking air must've just happened on the trailer I got last night.

And I've gotten a set before from a NPL - North Platte driver that didn't have the valves opened on the back of the front pup.

He made quite an entrance to the meet point with the 25,000 and 18,000 pound trailers he was getting pushed in by.

roog

Lazy ones it appears, the glad-hand metal fitting that was worn through and leaking air must've just happened on the trailer I got last night.

And I've gotten a set before from a NPL - North Platte driver that didn't have the valves opened on the back of the front pup.

He made quite an entrance to the meet point with the 25,000 and 18,000 pound trailers he was getting pushed in by.

roog

You're meet driver did a great pre-trip!!!! I'm lucky to have a meet driver who's very professional!

ST

roog

That's spooky, especially when you know the plunger in the pintle hook wasn't out for the whole trip.

met a driver at a meet point who didnt close the lock on the trailer pintle hook.
also met a driver once who said he was waiting on me for over an hour and when i pre-triped the set it had 2 flat tires on the dolly. I showed him and he said it must have happened after he post triped them. one of the tires was a blow out and other was flat off the rim.

they hire in there image....people who have not been ther done that yet! all these young people who they can run hard and will do it, its all about fast, dont miss a 10:30 am delivery

air lines backwards

I caught up with a driver on the side of the road with a long set of skid marks behind him about 5 miles out from yard and he couldnt figure out what the problem was. Duuuhh!!!

I also saw a guy run 230 miles with pintle hook open. couldnt believe he made it.

Saw another driver run 225 miles hi-hooked and didnt make it, hit a bridge with a big bump on the end of it and the trl jumped off and slid to a stop on the shoulder just like someone parked it there, looked pretty cool!! lol!!

Yea these deals when guys pull hi hooks, open pintles, backward airlines etc. IMO are mostly guys that know better but get in to big of a hurry.

Slow down boys and check your stuff! That extra few minutes ain't gonna kiil ya!!!

And it's not always a young gun doing it, I saw 60 some year old 15 yr. man doing a via last week sling his set together, check his seals and high tail it to the gate.
I was hookin' right beside him and he didn't check nothin'.
Come on man, you know better!!!

they hire in there image....people who have not been ther done that yet! all these young people who they can run hard and will do it, its all about fast, dont miss a 10:30 am delivery

O.W.W. ....at me customer center....there's a half dozen of this type on light duty.......so fast to hurt themselves..
A-holes

what about those trailers that have the sharpie pointing which way is up and down on the landing gear.

3d-circular-up-and-down-arrows-27fc13.jpg

I find that really helpful when the jackass before you dropped the trailer 8" too high and it's loaded really heavy.

Guardrail

My Volvo sat really low with the Super Singles, I used those a lot. Now with the KW I have it sits really high, so now it's payback time. :D

roog

My Volvo sat really low with the Super Singles, I used those a lot. Now with the KW I have it sits really high, so now it's payback time. :D

roog

Go ahead and Bark as Loud as you can, and you should, but we both know you leave the legs up a bit , dump the air and pull out, like anyone with a ounce of integrity would.

you got a pulse? then you got a job!

That is the truth. I watch the hostlers in Chicago Heights... there are only 12 of them working,some are good. Others take between 4-8 minutes to drop a box and unhook from it. That is pathetic as far as I am concerned. They have to finish their phone call or text and then they will get around to Fedex business. If I was a white shirt I would either quit or move these 5 Economy hubs to smaller cities where the work will get done in a timely fashion. You always find better workers in a smaller city. How about Springfield, Mo or Louisville,Ky. Des Moines, Ia or Effingham, Il. Sorry Columbus Oh. I think you are getting it done.