FedEx Freight | what kind of people do we hire?

And they also hire Hub Road Drivers who can go into a dark Center on a economy bid of over 550 miles, drop both trailers in doors, go into the dark Center Drivers Room, leave bills for trailers, then grab bills for the trailers that he's ACTUALLY supposed to take back to hub, AND then go outside and HOOK up the SAME TWO Trailers he actually brought and proceed to drag them all the way back to the hub he left from. 4 pups of freight miss service and the Driver still has a job.

And no this actually DID happen about a month ago.

And they also hire Hub Road Drivers who can go into a dark Center on a economy bid of over 550 miles, drop both trailers in doors, go into the dark Center Drivers Room, leave bills for trailers, then grab bills for the trailers that he's ACTUALLY supposed to take back to hub, AND then go outside and HOOK up the SAME TWO Trailers he actually brought and proceed to drag them all the way back to the hub he left from. 4 pups of freight miss service and the Driver still has a job.

:LMAO: Nothing surprises me with this company anymore!

heard about a driver who had a tire blow out on his rear trailer and still dragged it down the road to the next exit and then blew the other tire. when the tire guy came to fix his flats, he had to go back to their place and get rims cause he bent them by not stopping. then he had to get a hotel cause he ran out of time.

Awww man! I bet he was looking at his old trip sheet for the trip over when he hooked up instead of his new trip sheet.
Dang I bet he felt stupid later. And he should have!

SWEEEET! Sounds like another case of GOTTA GO!!! We have alot of that around here, I see it everyday, slow down and do it right the first time, quit leaving post trip problems for me to get fixed before I can leave!

When I was learning to drive my trainer taught me to always look out the back window before unhooking. This gives you one more chance to double check the airlines are disconnected. The next step is to pull out just far enough to set the trailer on the legs but still over the frame rails. One more way to prevent an acciden. As far as I am concerned, a trailer on the frame is a PREVENTED accident not a Preventable one.

As far as I am concerned, a trailer on the frame is a PREVENTED accident not a Preventable one.

I never thought about it like that but...yes! Good point.

FX can mark me down for one of those prevented accidents 'cause I've hit the frame before.

I remember one night awhile back I had just got the call that my mom had passed away. I got in a hurry, not thinking about nothing but my mom and just about pulled out from under my lead at the dock with my landing gear still up. Trailer hits the frame....#*%#@!!! So I stop, air my bags back up, crank the gear down, bingo, accident prevented.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was learning to drive my trainer taught me to always look out the back window before unhooking. This gives you one more chance to double check the airlines are disconnected. The next step is to pull out just far enough to set the trailer on the legs but still over the frame rails. One more way to prevent an acciden. As far as I am concerned, a trailer on the frame is a PREVENTED accident not a Preventable one.

Dearest Skippy,
re-read the policy manual. Ooops, I actually agree with your post...though the policy manual doesn't, and with camera's everywhere...good luck.

How about we all agree that people should quit trying to "beat the clock" by getting out in less than 30 minutes on a drop? How about we all realize what Mike Martinez said years ago: "Safety takes time!". Slow down and do the job right the first time!!! We always have time to fill out the accident report, yet we rarely have time to do the job safely to begin with!!!

Safety first!!!

ST