Estes | What kind of work structure does linehaul have in West Middlesex?

Vwaggs

TB Veteran
Credits
I know someone interested in a job at the West Sex terminal. How does linehaul work there? Will he just go do his run and go home or how many beds can they put him on? Will he be required to load and unload trailers, or just do drop n hooks? What kinds of delay time might he run into and do they pay it? Any other tips or warnings? How much do they pay to start? Benefits good? Thx in advance for your info. :bgroovy:

I dont know about the west sex terminnal but if you hire on as an extra board driver expect to be out 4-5 days depending on when you go out . If you hire on as a "flex" driver , they call them different things at different terminals, then expect to do dock work , P&D and line haul work. Line haul drivers do not touch frieght but you may have to build or break a set . You get $7.50 each time you do this. No delay pay .If you get to a terminal thats not a break bulk , expect to wait for the line up, 7-9PM possibly 11PM. Good benefits , better than most not as good as some. Can easily get 2800 to 3200 mi a week.

at west sex if you are a extra board you are out 5 day.start pay is 44.cent a mile top pay is 49.75 cent.at west sex you don)t hook set of pup .at small terminnal you may hook or break set of pup .if there is freight at the terminnal you may leave on youre 10 hour.or wait for lineup at 730pm.for break pup you get 750.for hookingset of pup 750.on the eastcost you dont hookor break pup...

vwaggs said:
I know someone interested in a job at the West Sex terminal. How does linehaul work there? Will he just go do his run and go home or how many beds can they put him on? Will he be required to load and unload trailers, or just do drop n hooks? What kinds of delay time might he run into and do they pay it? Any other tips or warnings? How much do they pay to start? Benefits good? Thx in advance for your info. :bgroovy:

don't waste your time go to a union carrier
they are short drivers:Bazzoka-Cow: :ranting2:

the keck said:
im sure you can make a good living at estes nomatter what this clown thinks..good luck
That "clown" you referred to may not have expanded on his views, but you didn't seem to either. Yeah, you can make a "decent" living with Estes, but compared to the rest they can't compare to the upper carriers. Out west it sounds like their pretty upset and are either looking elsewhere or considering alternatives. If you're happy, then be happy. If others prefer to jaw about their situation then so be it. Just look at the Job Opps here on the board, Saia seems to even beat Estes. Their 12 mo. is better than our top.

the keck said:
im sure you can make a good living at estes nomatter what this clown thinks..good luck

your comments do not deserve nor will be dignified with a prolonged response
enough said:Censored-Cow: :Banger-Cow: :ranting:

big steve said:
your comments do not deserve nor will be dignified with a prolonged response
enough said:Censored-Cow: :Banger-Cow: :ranting:

let me apoligize for clown comment i was having a bad morning..i tried to get home and erase it but you already saw it...:poster_oops:

the keck said:
let me apoligize for clown comment i was having a bad morning..i tried to get home and erase it but you already saw it...:poster_oops:
Good deal! Hey, anyway, what's up with out west, heard the big boys went out to talk to them a week or two ago. Also, what's the talk east and south about the west's complaints and such?

Why is everbody seem to be so down on Estes ,you need to give them a chace in opewrations to get the ball rolling in concera with the buy out.I run out of Estes West and really dont have any complaints i meet with a phoenix driver between phoenix and some cal terminals they seem to be the only ones complaing!Some GI drivers got spoiled and just hate change.You have to give this stuff time ladies and gentleman.Most of it is operational errors,rerouting assignments,waiting on freight these terminals are not used to handling this much freight,it takes time to straighten out.Let the process role and things might get a little better.As far as other carriers i have worked for saia,conway,watkins,fedex.I have tried to find better jobs that is why i have switched so many carriers when it came right down to it,they are all basically the same.Fed ex was good but freight slowed down got laid off.Conway used to not pay overtime at all,then switched to 50 hours good luck after 49 your going home.Saia delayed constanly,corporate never tried to fix it,at least estes is trying to stop huge delays.All i accomplished from that mess was losing seniority.Believe me my whole family has worked ltl union ,non-union since i was crawling.My uncle union has had his pension cut almost in half all those union dues for 43 years and they get cut thats crazy!pres of teamsters up on racketerring charges,go figure.I just got back from deployment in national guard,believe me,their is a whole lot worse out ther then a few cut benefits.Freight is plentiful which is a good thing,thus the wait times,it will all improve in time.Benefits and pay change every year some good some bad.Im happy as long as i have a job that pays well has good equipment, insurace/401K,and plenty of freight.No im not management.Im a line-haul driver.Take it easy.

sdallas78 said:
Why is everbody seem to be so down on Estes ,you need to give them a chace in opewrations to get the ball rolling in concera with the buy out.I run out of Estes West and really dont have any complaints i meet with a phoenix driver between phoenix and some cal terminals they seem to be the only ones complaing!Some GI drivers got spoiled and just hate change.You have to give this stuff time ladies and gentleman.Most of it is operational errors,rerouting assignments,waiting on freight these terminals are not used to handling this much freight,it takes time to straighten out.Let the process role and things might get a little better.As far as other carriers i have worked for saia,conway,watkins,fedex.I have tried to find better jobs that is why i have switched so many carriers when it came right down to it,they are all basically the same.Fed ex was good but freight slowed down got laid off.Conway used to not pay overtime at all,then switched to 50 hours good luck after 49 your going home.Saia delayed constanly,corporate never tried to fix it,at least estes is trying to stop huge delays.All i accomplished from that mess was losing seniority.Believe me my whole family has worked ltl union ,non-union since i was crawling.My uncle union has had his pension cut almost in half all those union dues for 43 years and they get cut thats crazy!pres of teamsters up on racketerring charges,go figure.I just got back from deployment in national guard,believe me,their is a whole lot worse out ther then a few cut benefits.Freight is plentiful which is a good thing,thus the wait times,it will all improve in time.Benefits and pay change every year some good some bad.Im happy as long as i have a job that pays well has good equipment, insurace/401K,and plenty of freight.No im not management.Im a line-haul driver.Take it easy.
Most of what you say is truth about goods and bads everywhere. BUT, to say the "spoil" words about GI is to not know about any of their complaints. They were not spoiled, they were compensated for their work, and yes, better than most considering most did not pay for all your work. GI drivers deserve the benefit of the doubt. I believe the disgust should not be directed at those that have had pay/benefits taken away, but direct the disgust into discussion of why the rest have let it go so long with concern to not getting fair pay/benefits. Just because they had it and you didn't doesn't make them spoiled, it makes you unaware of what's really going on out here. Know the facts before you spew. You can learn alot by reading the GI and Estes boards, some of us have tried to keep a civil tone on this and make aware the differences. If the west has advantages, then move west. This country is basically in four sections and each section has it's own idiosyncrasies. Learn on.......

As far as freight, the mishandling and mismanagement has gone on long enough. If we as drivers/dockworkers tried to use the excuses management uses for the problems, we'd all been fired by now.

If You Guys Who Used To Work For Gi Trucking Are So Unhappy Why Dont You Guys Find Another Job???? What Happened To Gearshifter Did He Ever Find Another Job

DRIVERMAN77077 said:
If You Guys Who Used To Work For Gi Trucking Are So Unhappy Why Dont You Guys Find Another Job???? What Happened To Gearshifter Did He Ever Find Another Job
SPEW, SPEW, SPEW, Intelligence has returned?

Gearshifter's working 6-7, not by choice of course.

Driverman, find another place to dump on, you don't like discussion, stay out of it.

Nobody complains at my home terminal in fact the ex GI drivers at my terminal and other terminals are the ones who said they were spoiled.Lost benefits ,fuel pay it takes 10 minutes to fuel up.Delay pay it sucks but we make more in mileage ,the rest of estes only get 49.5 while G I drivers get 52.5 the pension,it is never promised to anyone.You take this lil stuff and get way to serious bout things man.This is what happens in corporate america.If u cant do anything about it,then say its messed up and go on or go to another company.Drive on Driver.
Dude u act like you are making minimum wage and no benefits at all u still makin 1000-1700 p/w.Have you ever thought other drivers in the north,south, and east ,yes i am aware of the idiosyncracies in other regions,do not discuss it because they feel they are getting paid fair wages and benefits.To me the above mentioned amount is good money unless you live in cali!I dont have any disgust displeasure, or anything of that nature towards the ex GI drivers.They are all great guys and gals and hardworkers.Loss of benefits it sucks but its sometimes life in workplace,USA.All im sayin is it is not the end of the world.Suck it up and drive on or move out.Life isnt fair.
The rest of estes isnt complaining bout the pay gap of 3cpm some of those drivers have 20-30 years seniority.Why not complain you ask,maybe they like their job and understand its more expensive in certain areas."U no those idiosyncracies in other regions".

Dude u act like you are making minimum wage and no benefits at all u still makin 1000-1700 p/w.Have you ever thought other drivers in the north,south, and east ,yes i am aware of the idiosyncracies in other regions,do not discuss it because they feel they are getting paid fair wages and benefits.To me the above mentioned amount is good money unless you live in cali!I dont have any disgust displeasure, or anything of that nature towards the ex GI drivers.They are all great guys and gals and hardworkers.Loss of benefits it sucks but its sometimes life in workplace,USA.All im sayin is it is not the end of the world.Suck it up and drive on or move out.Life isnt fair.

The rest of estes isnt complaining bout the pay gap of 3cpm some of those drivers have 20-30 years seniority.Why not complain you ask,maybe they like their job and understand its more expensive in certain areas."U no those idiosyncracies in other regions".