Yellow | What should I do?

I want to thank everyone for their input, especially jimmy G, best advice so far. I have decided to give it one last try. If I get burned again I will be going to school for a different careeer (Lord willing). My choice was not easy but in the end it comes down to time with my 8 year old. While I had to do what I had to to provide for my family, my current situation at conway left me with only enough time after working and sleeping to say to my children... daddy's got to go to work........bye. My weekend was spent recovering from night shift and 65+ hours. I am very thankful to conway for the oppurtunity I had but I dont want to wake up 20 years from now working 65+ hrs with a recovery weekend. My hope and prayers is that we all have work and turn our hearts to the Lord and our familys. :shift:

Good luck NITE RIDER.Keep us informed on how things are going.I`m haulin gas down here in Carolina South.Got in with a private company hauling our 100 stations here in 4 counties,It`s actually a darn good job.I remember those nights we ran Knoxville tho.

Best of luck N-R. My last year at Preston I changed bids just to see my kid's basketball games- got to 41 out of 42 even on a city bid! To see my youngest's football games, split my vacation days; took every Friday off. Family comes first; but so does keeping them in a Home! May God Bless Your Decision! Enjoy them while you can...

[quote author=jimmy g link=topic=81068.msg837898#msg837898 date=1276648349]
Not to get gushy here, but when I was in much the same situation, I prayed that I be led where God wanted me, not necessesarily where I wanted to be. Worked for me...I'm in another job I hadn't even thought of before.

Best of luck to you!
[/quote]Hey there Jimmy g.....longtime no see...you got rid of your copter!!! How are things going?

NITE RIDER have you thought about taking a leave of absence from YRC?

[quote author=texasflood link=topic=81068.msg838511#msg838511 date=1276876222]
Hey there Jimmy g.....longtime no see...you got rid of your copter!!! How are things going?
[/quote]

Great! I drive for Batesville Casket out of Indy; people are Dying for me to work! :dance: :biglaugh: Lost my helicopter avatar when the boards crashed. Found it, but decided to use one of my puppies instead..

How's the Southland? Still YRC or laid off? Working somewhere/anywhere? Our little "Baby-Girl" went to Vitran for a while; now she runs team for Estes. Got her knees fixed, sounds satisfied......

[quote author=Nite Rider link=topic=81068.msg837203#msg837203 date=1276460388]
What would you do...........

This is my situation:

you are right ..... it is your situation.
we all have to make tough decisions sometimes.
man up, make the call, and hold your head up proudly whatever your decision, because it's yours.
don't second guess yourself afterwards because you can always see a little greener grass on the other side.

GOOD LUCK BRO.
[/quote]

Posted by: jimmy g
Great! I drive for Batesville Casket out of Indy; people are Dying for me to work!
laughingskull.gif
michael_jackson_coffin.jpg
batesvilletruck_large.jpg

This is my situation: I have 4 years in pension fund. I got laid off in March of 2009, went to work for Conway in Aug 2009. Now I get a recall letter to go back and be number 6 on board, number 6 guy worked all last winter. This is because of a retirement plus freight picking up. Should I give up a job that I am thankful for but not paticularly fond of to go back? Any advise will be helpful.... :iamnotworthy:
[/quote]You could go back and take a loa until the end of the year, this would give you some time to think about your options

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=81068.msg838646#msg838646 date=1276911094]
Great! I drive for Batesville Casket out of Indy; people are Dying for me to work!
laughingskull.gif

[/quote]That s just not right,Joe!!!!

[quote author=hooddock link=topic=81068.msg838809#msg838809 date=1276970131]
laughingskull.gif

[/quote]

Well, it WAS one of ours.....

This is my situation: I have 4 years in pension fund. I got laid off in March of 2009, went to work for Conway in Aug 2009. Now I get a recall letter to go back and be number 6 on board, number 6 guy worked all last winter. This is because of a retirement plus freight picking up. Should I give up a job that I am thankful for but not paticularly fond of to go back? Any advise will be helpful.... :iamnotworthy:
[/quote] Go to YRC and take a leave LOA until the end of the year...if those above you have not been laid off...then you decide...for right now...stay where you are at!....KK

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=81068.msg839026#msg839026 date=1277038765]

[/quote] Go to YRC and take a leave LOA until the end of the year...if those above you have not been laid off...then you decide...for right now...stay where you are at!....KK
[/quote]

KK....can you take an LOA to work at Conway....a competing company?

[/quote]

Man that is a gut wrenching decision. I wish you the best in what ever you decide. I can only say what I would do in your situation. I pray for guidance. Then make my decision and not look back. Ju

[quote author=Nite Rider link=topic=81068.msg838101#msg838101 date=1276723187]
I want to thank everyone for their input, especially jimmy G, best advice so far. I have decided to give it one last try. If I get burned again I will be going to school for a different careeer (Lord willing). My choice was not easy but in the end it comes down to time with my 8 year old. While I had to do what I had to to provide for my family, my current situation at conway left me with only enough time after working and sleeping to say to my children... daddy's got to go to work........bye. My weekend was spent recovering from night shift and 65+ hours. I am very thankful to conway for the oppurtunity I had but I dont want to wake up 20 years from now working 65+ hrs with a recovery weekend. My hope and prayers is that we all have work and turn our hearts to the Lord and our familys. :shift:
[/quote]

images-15.jpg
goedgedaan001.gif

[quote author=jimmy g link=topic=81068.msg838945#msg838945 date=1277004745]
[quote author=hooddock link=topic=81068.msg838809#msg838809 date=1276970131]
laughingskull.gif

[/quote]

Well, it WAS one of ours.....
[/quote]Nothing against Batesville Casket Jimmy, but it looks like your casket will also double for a portable septic tank, with a capacity of about 105 pounds. :biglaugh:

I just couldn't resist!