Holland | What the heck ???

Ziggy

TB Lurker
Credits
Was told that a laid off road driver was brought in to work a Utility drivers vacation in Detroit.So the utility drivers come and eliminate some of our bids and then we cover them at a reduced rate of pay. Can somebody explain the reasoning behind this to me ? Please type slowly cause I'm not all that bright.:stirthepot:

He can be used for utility position but he will not work in there class. Meaning that he is still a road driver and drawing road pay, when getting to his location he sits on clock or goes on with other freight, any other situation is grievance material. Just went thru with this Friday in DS

Dont sound right to me. I came from a 4 list barn. If we had a straight truck driver go out and do a peddle run, come back in the afternoon and went back out to do a spot/pick (if qualified) he got trailer pay for the day. If you were a city man and took a night switching bid (or forced to cover the job) you got paid night differential pay. Whatever job you are performing that is your rate of pay whether you are allowed to bid it or forced to protect the job.

You can't force a linehaul driver out of classification unless he is forced or agree to this work by signing a bid. If he working as Linehaul he will get the current L/H rate whether he is running a utility load or what?

The orginal change of operations did not list detriot as getting utility drivers...But i would not be surprized if they did because the company and union officals seem to have a habit of changing everything regardless of notifing the rank and file

Its a fact jack

Well dgfcby detroit has a single UE driver and I suggest you check out the fact that he is on vacation and Wayne R. is the laid off linehaul runnining his bid.I kid around a lot on here but I usually check out the facts before I open my big mouth. Try out the employe website that the Indy driver created and you may be suprised. :smilie_132:

Well dgfcby detroit has a single UE driver and I suggest you check out the fact that he is on vacation and Wayne R. is the laid off linehaul runnining his bid.I kid around a lot on here but I usually check out the facts before I open my big mouth. Try out the employe website that the Indy driver created and you may be suprised. :smilie_132:

my my, looks like someone needs a nap!!!!! Here's a fact for you....................................................................... I DON"T CARE

He is probably retired and REALLY doesnt care!!!!! Either that or so high on the board he is untouchable!
Everybody on the board is touchable. You just wait and see how this utility crap works out and you can all forget about your bids and you nice long runs. We will all one day be doing utility work other then the kick and pick we do now. Some of you guys need to wake up and pay attention, so in the future it won't matter if your at the top or the bottom of the list you will always be in jeopardy. And another thing to remember, those of you guy's who voted yes on the contract because you where scared to lose your job, thank yourselves. You did it to yourself and everyone else. Anybody that wants to rant and rave about the above comments just go back and look at the results of the contract votes, the east coast shot it down and the winners where WHO?....:chairshot:

Everybody on the board is touchable. You just wait and see how this utility crap works out and you can all forget about your bids and you nice long runs. We will all one day be doing utility work other then the kick and pick we do now. Some of you guys need to wake up and pay attention, so in the future it won't matter if your at the top or the bottom of the list you will always be in jeopardy. And another thing to remember, those of you guy's who voted yes on the contract because you where scared to lose your job, thank yourselves. You did it to yourself and everyone else. Anybody that wants to rant and rave about the above comments just go back and look at the results of the contract votes, the east coast shot it down and the winners where WHO?....:chairshot:
I'm not sure if your comments were aimed at me but I would like to distance myself from them. So go away NEGATIVE comments Of WIREMAN1234!!!!:chairshot::chairshot:

i find it amazing that 2 months into the contract you can tell all that.:hysterical:

Was told that a laid off road driver was brought in to work a Utility drivers vacation in Detroit.So the utility drivers come and eliminate some of our bids and then we cover them at a reduced rate of pay. Can somebody explain the reasoning behind this to me ? Please type slowly cause I'm not all that bright.:stirthepot:

ok usf indy you start this thread complaining about a laid-off driver getting to work a week (GOD FORBID) then you complain that it's at a reduce rate of pay. The FACTS are a union worker can not be paid less than his rate of pay no matter what job he has to preform. Then you call me names on here and in private.(real brotherhood) And what is that at the end of your thread (potstir)And i'm the trouble maker? and thanks for the rep. point for them i really don't care

The comment made towards you is that everyone on the road, city or utility board is touchable. No matter how much time you have in, you can still get the ol' layoff call or the gates locked on you.

I'm not sure if your comments were aimed at me but I would like to distance myself from them. So go away NEGATIVE comments Of WIREMAN1234!!!!:chairshot::chairshot:
The comments were not towards you. I was stating a fact that no matter where you are on the road, city or utility board you are not untouchable from the ol' layoff call or the gates being locked.