FedEx Freight | What the hell is going on?

Iceman00

TB Lurker
Credits
What is happening at Fedex Freight? It seems like all over the country we are intentionally losing freight and are slower than we have been in a very long time. Other ltl carriers such as Saia and Xpo seem to be booming and we are still furloughing and cutting runs its getting ridiculous. I thought fedex had a plan every day that plan is either failing or they never had a plan to begin with. If it aint about packages fedex apparently doesnt give a ::shit::.

Welcome to the Reign of Raj. If they don’t make the type of profit they want on a particular customers freight we’ll leave it on their dock. A result of that is a freight boom at our competitors. Estes, Saia and OD are hiring where I’m at at we’re probably about to furlough at least 10 drivers. Very ironic.

Nashville just lost GE a couple weeks ago. Tons of freight gone! Former Co worker got fired from here. Got hired at R&L a week later. They are working him 6 days a week at least twice a month. He's been there a year, and they are still hiring.

We are giving out 10-15 CC days a day. Sometimes more. There are numerous possibilities to what's going on. Any time in the industry you know that.

1. Fedex lobbyists have told them the economy is about to crash, and they are trimming as much overhead as they can out of the operation. Why else would major CEO's be selling off large chunks of their company stocks.

2. We are for sale, and they are making our profits high as they can. Why else would they keep us separate from Express/Ground?

3. They are getting ready for a major switch in operation model for linehaul. Would explain the state of equipment to date.

All speculation on my part, but I've been here a minute. I've seen countless reconfigurations, and COO's.

Last edited:
What is happening at Fedex Freight? It seems like all over the country we are intentionally losing freight and are slower than we have been in a very long time. Other ltl carriers such as Saia and Xpo seem to be booming and we are still furloughing and cutting runs its getting ridiculous. I thought fedex had a plan every day that plan is either failing or they never had a plan to begin with. If it aint about packages fedex apparently doesnt give a ::::shit::::.
We just lost Siemens…200 bills a night 4-5 extra swaps..Estes got it, heard tonight from southeastern they average 900 bills and will be up to 1300 when their Lowe’s contract starts.

What is happening at Fedex Freight? It seems like all over the country we are intentionally losing freight and are slower than we have been in a very long time. Other ltl carriers such as Saia and Xpo seem to be booming and we are still furloughing and cutting runs its getting ridiculous. I thought fedex had a plan every day that plan is either failing or they never had a plan to begin with. If it aint about packages fedex apparently doesnt give a ::::shit::::.
the express ,ground merger is going to be the death of this company, just my 2 cents

I honestly think Raj is simply failing, and the consequences of his decisions are just now coming to the surface.
Also, moral is very low.
Low! Lol there isn't any! On both sides of the fence! Hell supervisors talk to me describing the stupidity of the operation.

They are fed up too. Also most of them aren't falling for the corporate narrative that we are just a bunch of whiny overpaid drivers anymore.

I have legitimate operational conversations with them, and off the record they agree. All they say is our hands are tied.

I wish you all the best, but I'm afraid the worst is still ahead of us.

Are they losing freight on purpose to free up linehaul space for us to haul more ground and express runs through freight? If not, than we are going down the drain like yellow.
I was thinking the some along those lines because I wouldn't be surprised if ground packages get more revenue on a trailer compared to an LTL load.