Yellow | What we are being told.

mud

Wonderin'
PREMIUM
Credits
I work for Roadway in Albuquerque New Mexico. When the merger announcement was made we were told that within three to eighteen months Yellow and Roadway would be merged together. The Albuquerque Roadway terminal would be closed and our operation would be moved to Yellow's Albuquerque terminal.
So what are you being told?

They are adding 12 more doors to the Roadway Ocala, FL terminal and as soon as it is finshed, Yellow's Ocala (OCL) will be moving in with them....KK

we are not being told anything @671 .not 1 word ,thats why the rumors are so bad .
as always being treated like mushrooms ,kept in the dark and fed sh!t.

we are not being told anything @671 .not 1 word ,thats why the rumors are so bad .
That's why I started this thread. So Yellow and Roadway employees can communicate with each other about the merger.

I work for Roadway in Albuquerque New Mexico. When the merger announcement was made we were told that within three to eighteen months Yellow and Roadway would be merged together. The Albuquerque Roadway terminal would be closed and our operation would be moved to Yellow's Albuquerque terminal.
So what are you being told?

Other than the obvious smaller and close terminals they can combine now. I don`t think they know at this point what they will do.

Adding 8 more doors to Daytona Roadway EOL/Satellite. For a total of 16. Yellow moving in by April/May 2009. Yellow management already gone. Yellow Terminal now dark at this time. Roadway, everybody is still here. Think they should can my managers, cuz they get paid too much to do nothing these days... Once Yellow moves into Roadway terminal, operations will change. Yellow here still does their business the same old fashioned way, that's why they can be dark now. Still off load P&D from vans onto pups, still got billing clerks....

But Roadway got their BB only 3.8 hours away, in Valdosata, not Atlanta, Ga. Share breakbulks, share road men. Roadway got new technology.... Roadway been using and loading out 53' vans ever since we got them, as well as pups. It's an equipment issue that needs personal attention.... else you will come up "dolly short" here. How many of the twelve P&D/dock between Yellow & Roadway may still have job? I am hoping 10 of 12 still will, and not 6 out of 12..... I wish I knew, and had some good news for them..... And I am hoping they wll keep someone like me, to handle the office, and I worked for both and know all these men, and not keep a ROADWAY MANAGER or a YELLOW manager, who been there too long, and may have favoritism towards the color of the shirt they USED to wear.....

The Roadway manager is still here, and I already know, he will have his favorites, he already does, and he been here too long already. Some Yellow manager from Orlando oversees Yellow right now,( mostly in absenteeism, from Orlando) so he ain,t gonna care what shirt you wear, he don't know you from squat........maybe treat everybody the same.....

Here at 657 is an odd situation, both barns are @ 100% capacity there is no other terminal in there area big enough to accommondate both places together. Rex own their property yellow I believe leases. 657 is in a redeveloping residental area that has been designated an historic district and the city plans doesn't have REX in their future plans cause they want the so called prime real estate.
eminate domain might come into play here to our benefit here

Screwy we have the same situation here at 107 except we lease and Yellow owns.TM told us that last month we got a five year extension.Go figure.

Too bad we didn't luck out like another carrier in the area that had some prime real estate that Lowes wanted. Lowes made a deal they couldn't refuse, told them to purchase the property and they'll build the terminal for the property they own now.

they got a heck of a deal and nice brand new large barn....sweet

Adding 8 more doors to Daytona Roadway EOL/Satellite. For a total of 16. Yellow moving in by April/May 2009. Yellow management already gone. Yellow Terminal now dark at this time. Roadway, everybody is still here. Think they should can my managers, cuz they get paid too much to do nothing these days... Once Yellow moves into Roadway terminal, operations will change. Yellow here still does their business the same old fashioned way, that's why they can be dark now. Still off load P&D from vans onto pups, still got billing clerks....

But Roadway got their BB only 3.8 hours away, in Valdosata, not Atlanta, Ga. Share breakbulks, share road men. Roadway got new technology.... Roadway been using and loading out 53' vans ever since we got them, as well as pups. It's an equipment issue that needs personal attention.... else you will come up "dolly short" here. How many of the twelve P&D/dock between Yellow & Roadway may still have job? I am hoping 10 of 12 still will, and not 6 out of 12..... I wish I knew, and had some good news for them..... And I am hoping they wll keep someone like me, to handle the office, and I worked for both and know all these men, and not keep a ROADWAY MANAGER or a YELLOW manager, who been there too long, and may have favoritism towards the color of the shirt they USED to wear.....

The Roadway manager is still here, and I already know, he will have his favorites, he already does, and he been here too long already. Some Yellow manager from Orlando oversees Yellow right now,( mostly in absenteeism, from Orlando) so he ain,t gonna care what shirt you wear, he don't know you from squat........maybe treat everybody the same.....

I don't suppose you know anything about the Tampa area merger details? I'm already laid off out of Tampa Yellow since July, assuming it's only going to get worse. I would love to have some idea what and when it's going to happen.

Buffalo is being told that the two breaks are too big and full to merge. Also, if you do the math in the tdu link article it seems to me they are not planning to merge the breaks. (588 divided by 2 equals 294 not 350) Maybe just do like they do in Chicago with the Chicago noth,west, forward, metro, ect............

Sorry Longblade. I don't think you terminal managers and ADOs know. In fact, most of them are also worried about their own job - both right now and in the future. Business levels are way off due to the economy. I've heard a reliable source that indicates that UPS Freight in in the same boat.

The "list" for consolidation changes on daily basis. Locations get put on the list, and someone mentions something (lease versus own, distance to customers, facility size, special lease requirements, etc.) and the list is changed. Sharing the list before it is ready would cause unnecessary concern (and make some people feel "safe" that won't be). Once the list is finalized, I am sure it will be shared.

For right now, P&D guys need to ask for every shipment on the customer dock.

CorpOffice

I don't suppose you know anything about the Tampa area merger details? I'm already laid off out of Tampa Yellow since July, assuming it's only going to get worse. I would love to have some idea what and when it's going to happen.

I don't know about Yellow Tampa. I haven't worked for Yellow for the past 5 years, and when I did, I was "just a part-time billing clerk" at the time. The OPS was sooo good at her job, she wouldn't let me help her, do anything else, even tho I told her I could, having worked at CF in the office. ----Until the AUDITORS were coming, Then she asked for my help to clean up OS&D... It had grown to a big, big pile of stuff.... LOL ! but she was just one person, and she tried to do it all....

I can only tell you about Roadway Tampa, at this time, and the past 5 years.... Just after Yellow bought Roadway, Roadway moved out of the Tampa terminal, and into the HOLLAND terminal, around BRADON. OPS have been working out of there for the past 5 years.... It may be a bigger place, a newer place, and easier for Linehaul to get to, closer to I-75, and out of the heart of the city. They brought like Sarasota terminal RDWY with them at the time.

If you were recently hired withing the last two-three years, as P&D/dock.... you're outlook is not good.... Last year or two, Daytona, both RDWY and YFS, had sooo much work, we had a causal work every single day, with OT.... Niether one "ever got put on regular". Even tho they may have the Union time, that says so. Both these two bottom men RDWY/YFS has been laid off since last Nov, with sparse work here & there to no work LATELY....... We have a total of 12 men between the two EOL's. Last year we had 14.

Freight volume is sooo bad right now... From over 100 -150 IB and 100-150 OB bills last year ,to less then 20 IB on Wed/Thurs and 35-39 OB bills daily... If it weren't for my #1 shipper, I'd maybe have only 15-20 OB also.

If you are linehaul.... How many hours is it to get to Roadway BB Valdosta, Ga? rather than Yellow BB Atlanta.... I Think a whole lot less layover and motel time, are already in the works. I see it on the dispatch screen coming from Valdosta. Buttheads,meet n'turns, rather than "sleep on it" and bring it back the next day. I think Valdosta will be a "drop lot for Atlanta BB. Yellow BB will meet n'n turn with Valdosta, and Valdosta Roadway will carry to 5 hours to Tampa. I think BOTH BB Atlanta YFS, and Valdosta RDWY will still be BB's, and l NOT loose very Road men and P&D/Dock... They will save Transit time and motel/layover with butts and meets..... If you are new hire, within the last 2-4 years..... outlook not good...... Due to lack of feight volumes.....at this time.....

I already see Cocoa bid man bring one for Daytona, and one for Miami, but leave it in Cocoa for Miami to come it, 5 hours away...... NO PUP FOR HIS BID PLACE... I look at some of these routes I am seeing new show up. I look under "info"...says "created 3/2008" No wonder I never seen them before.... AH ! HA! I GET IT !

Go check up on the RDWY terminal in Bradon, and have a look see. maybe YSF will be moving in there also.... Stop by after 6-7pm, when the TM is likely to be gone by them, and you can talk to Administrative assistant, like me, and find something out...... The YFS P&D bottom man on the board had NO TROUBLE pulling into RDWY yard to get some info and a peek at the seniority board, cuz he kne I would be there, and the ONLY one thre....You may get a foot back in the door as a "casual" at RDWY/YFS BRADON aka TAMPA, cuz there are plenty of men who don't want the OT and want their time off, etc.... depends on the men already there...... And keep checking back. Just act like you don't know anything, and are first tiime looking for a job. Start from there......... !!!

meanwhile you may have to drive a beer / soda truck around town......

I don't know their address, but if you wish for me to give it to you, I can... Send me an Email, and I will look at work and Email it back to you.....

Other than the obvious smaller and close terminals they can combine now. I don`t think they know at this point what they will do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, They know.... This been going on at my place in Daytona for over a year, first started with the phone calls from YRC Real Estate.... I just didn't get the Whole Picture at the time, when the first phone calls came in, and my TM was not here to take the call, and I answered the phone...

Can you describe the terminal in which you are located? Is this adaquate for your operations? If not, what you do to make improvements? etc, etc.... Roadway (YRC owns this one )

Sales rep was here for one of these calls.... "Who is that? Who Ya talking to? Just let the TM handle it !..... Look Sales Rep lady, been here too long already ( not saying she don't do her job- just saying she been here too long already )..... The person on the other end of this phone line says they are YRC Real Estate, I believe them. If I can't describe the place where I work , and tell them what I think would make this place better..... PLZZZZ ! Then I am the @........

Let me clarify a bit my prior post. YRC, and some bigwigs already know, what they are going and what is going to happen....

My TM & Ops guy don't much even know there last name these days. They haven't had a clue since the purchase. They haven't been with the program since...uh..... 1984, maybe.....

Let me clarify a bit my prior post. YRC, and some bigwigs already know, what they are going and what is going to happen....
And add Hoffa and Tyson "Sellout" Chicken to the list.
This was all known to the powers back at the contract table.
Just wait until the investment brokers call in their loans. YRCW is way underfunded. Hold onto your hats boys and girls. It's YellowRoadway at the strike of midnight tonight!

LCP - rebiding yellow sarting 10/16 I was told they want to eliminate a 24 hr period between sat noon to sun noon. No word on when us and roadway will be one list, and according to the BA he knows nothing, heck he didn't even know about the rebid
schultz.jpg