whats going on gentlemen?

BIDS I don't want to talk about them.
Jax got cut deeeep. 3 orlando turns ouch!!! oh well, let me see, I know I left my poster board in the garage here somewhere?? How do you spell will work for food??? :boohoo:BigW-RD

BIDS I don't want to talk about them.
Jax got cut deeeep. 3 orlando turns ouch!!! oh well, let me see, I know I left my poster board in the garage here somewhere?? How do you spell will work for food??? :boohoo:BigW-RD

Find your own corner to stand on,this ones mine...:hysterical:

I have a question for you guys. Are we bidding to soon?Is 6 months
to soon or not soon enough or should we bid every 12 months?Just thought i would get some opinions.Myself , it would be fine to go every 12 months but the economy might not handle that.

I have a question for you guys. Are we bidding to soon?Is 6 months
to soon or not soon enough or should we bid every 12 months?Just thought i would get some opinions.Myself , it would be fine to go every 12 months but the economy might not handle that.

Twelve months would be great for some drivers,especially if your terminal has descent miles with runs that are in rotation.I,unfortunately,would not be in that category so six months is fine..

SIx months is not soon enough.Some drivers are already back to living paycheck to paycheck.It is a good thing most all other companies are also slow,if not it sounds like we would have quite a few drivers jumping ship after these new runs. Many of the runs are an insult.Might as well go take a local job.pay would be about the same ,workdaylight,and home everyday.Yes some have it good or have not changed much,while others are backing up.I am back to the same amount i made seven years ago.So keep it at six months and maybe that will be enough time to think that it is cheaper to use the drivers that they have instead of piling on more to make it easier.

SIx months is not soon enough.Some drivers are already back to living paycheck to paycheck.It is a good thing most all other companies are also slow,if not it sounds like we would have quite a few drivers jumping ship after these new runs. Many of the runs are an insult.Might as well go take a local job.pay would be about the same ,workdaylight,and home everyday.Yes some have it good or have not changed much,while others are backing up.I am back to the same amount i made seven years ago.So keep it at six months and maybe that will be enough time to think that it is cheaper to use the drivers that they have instead of piling on more to make it easier.

:hysterical:Yea,I can think of a few drivers who would like these bids to run until infinity.I can understand the economy isn't hitting on much right now,but it would be nice to see ALL the drivers feel the pinch.I can also understand the seniority and location aspect of it but not to the degree its at now...

LOL, well for us down here its back to where we were last year, Roger back to floating :( We do have to pull pup to ATL now- juk That reminds me to get the disability insurance!
Could have been worse i guess...

I figured we would be all over the board on this one.I agree with slimeball .We do have to many drivers. I have heard that upper management has told some that no drivers who quit will be replaced, so that is good to hear.Jevic stopped operations today so it could be a lot worse for our drivers.According to news reals they will deliver what they have in their system now then close.I will be praying for all of them.

6 months would be fine i'm sure, but like i told everyone who called me last night about this post,it is only an Opinion ,we all have our own,i just thought we all might want to share how we feel now

good point 9fan!!! I have to say bird, if you had to float for 10min again, the road would be wet from your tears. say it ain't so. I'd feel the same too.

I heard today USF closed a handful of terminals. Sounds like Yellow is doin them like they did Preston. So it could be worse.

6 mos., a year its all the same to me i guess...However going the same place everyday for long periods gets monotonous... I'm happy when i have a good load on me to hold me down in bad weather thats loaded right! I hope freight picks up and dock personell are more mindful as to how the freight gets loaded. having load-locks that actually work right might help there too... having spent 4 years in the moving business I'm a bit anal about making sure nothing moves...

bids

If it was up to me. I would call for a foul and rebid right away. And rework the bids. We took another cut and I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, someone blew it out. :nutkick: We are just hanging on, and trying to take care of our families, it's going to get tough. Big W-RD

You may welcome the miles floating and money but, after 20 days a month in motels and bunkrooms and spanking your kids over the phone you may think about a little trailer to pull your lawn mower around for extra money. When I floated I had to pay to have my grass cut! It's ugly both ways. ofcourse, floating out of JAX would be a double ORL instead of a single bid ORL, so you'd be ok. LOL