What's good pay?

55%? Sysco and US Foods are running around tell everyone that the combined company will only have 25-28% of the market. If it is 55%, they are going to have a hard time convincing the FTC to let the deal be approved.

sysco is trying to compare themselves to walmart, bj's, costco, and other wholesale clubs. even though they are in no way foodservice companies.....thats where the phony 25-30% number comes in. in reality, look at the other companies on the foodservice section, none of them could compete with sysco or us foods before, now it will be a sell out or get squeezed out game for all smaller players....

sysco is trying to compare themselves to walmart, bj's, costco, and other wholesale clubs. even though they are in no way foodservice companies.....thats where the phony 25-30% number comes in. in reality, look at the other companies on the foodservice section, none of them could compete with sysco or us foods before, now it will be a sell out or get squeezed out game for all smaller players....

That's going to depend on location. Us, GFS, Reinhart and few other smaller companies have been picking up more customers since Sysco announced the impending merger with US Foods. Sysco is not liked real well in this area for some reason and we have always been a big thorn in Sysco's side in this area, LOL. I predict a lot of smaller companies getting bought out by regionals.

I respectfully disagree bb. what about mclanes delivering to all the fast food restaurants? how bout all the mcdonalds and burger kings that get their food from martin brower or maines? these sales are all measured against what Sysco and usf does. just think about all the Chinese restaurants that get an unmarked truck covered in graffiti. last but not least, restaurant depot is also a competitor.we've lost a lot of business to the depot--even though they don't deliver, they are still a competitor. I would say 33% is very realistic when this merger goes through.

US Foods would receive $300 million in a termination fee if the deal is scrapped.

That's a pretty big wager, kinda makes me think it will go through, or we won't get any new equipment for a while.

And I do go into a few places where they have their shelves stocked from Sam's, Costco, or a even a local grocery.

Conspiracy theorist here. Remember last fall all the bad headlines (food safety and HOS)Sysco got because if the knuckleheads in California? How the USDA was going to get involved? All the problems with "project 212". I think they desperately needed something, anything to divert attention from that to protect the stock price (and their jobs). The merger announcement did just that; the bad press just went away.
300 million's a drop in the bucket when compared to the jump the stock took in the 24 hrs after the announcement. I'm sure the info's out there somewhere, just don't know where to look, but it'd be interesting to see who if anyone at the top sold stock or exercised options in this time frame.
Bigfoot's real, Oswald was a patsy, and both of these companies are complicit in this hoax with the 300 million being their payoff to play along.

That's going to depend on location. Us, GFS, Reinhart and few other smaller companies have been picking up more customers since Sysco announced the impending merger with US Foods. Sysco is not liked real well in this area for some reason and we have always been a big thorn in Sysco's side in this area, LOL. I predict a lot of smaller companies getting bought out by regionals.

what would keep sysco from buying you out and shutting it down, just to get the market? remember ames? look at wallyworld.....

I respectfully disagree bb. what about mclanes delivering to all the fast food restaurants? how bout all the mcdonalds and burger kings that get their food from martin brower or maines? these sales are all measured against what Sysco and usf does. just think about all the Chinese restaurants that get an unmarked truck covered in graffiti. last but not least, restaurant depot is also a competitor.we've lost a lot of business to the depot--even though they don't deliver, they are still a competitor. I would say 33% is very realistic when this merger goes through.

you think mclanes is big enough to take on a combined usf/sysco? i dont, they are sizeable, but thats like comparing ward to ups.....

what would keep sysco from buying you out and shutting it down, just to get the market? remember ames? look at wallyworld.....

They have already tried several times and have been told to, well, I'll put it nicely, stick were the sun don't shine.

Conspiracy theorist here. <snip>

I've been spreading that rumor faithfully, thanks.

I drove my truck into a cliff the other day. I'm afraid to post the video I took, it was cool. It was in a quarry and there was this huge tunnel, I was afraid to go in. I did eventually and there were docks on the left and on the right and parking lots and the road went a long ways. I found my address and bumped the dock and made my delivery and I asked him if the road was on google street view and he said no, it wasn't even on his brand new GPS. I went home and looked it up on the googles, but no street view, and the satellite images/google earth, the entrances and storefronts are photoshopped out of there. I didn't want to post an new thread about it because the I know NSA is watching the FBI agents who are watching me. I know because the CIA told the KGB to tell me.

Ted I went into one of those when I worked for Daylight Donuts, in KC I picked up a backhaul, it was really strange for sure, I had to go way back in the cave and I was nervous, I really thought it was weird how big it was underground, plenty of room to drive around.