SAIA | What's the law on bolt sealing trailers with Hazmat onboard.

As a professional driver, and former Saia employee familiar with Saia and DOT rules and regulations, I have done my homework on this. If you have a problem with my stance, you do the homework and the legwork. My advice: contact your regional safety supervisor and ask for a ruling. The guy from DLS is a good resource.
It may be policy but there is no law prohibiting the use of a bolt seal

As a professional driver, and former Saia employee familiar with Saia and DOT rules and regulations, I have done my homework on this. If you have a problem with my stance, you do the homework and the legwork. My advice: contact your regional safety supervisor and ask for a ruling. The guy from DLS is a good resource.
Post a link...i can find nothing that says bolt seals are illegal.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and MachOne, good luck on your test. Everyone have a Happy New Year and, if you are working tonight, be safe. See you in 2016.
Happy new year to you as well.
I studied for the test, in fact I practice regularly, almost like training for it even.

I don't think she is saying bolt seals are illegal. She is saying that the law says you must have bolt cutters to remove them. I don't think that's true. I will research it.
Bolt cutters, don't you mean burglary tools!?!?! You could go to jail for having those. It's the law. In fact if you have tape or wire ties in your truck you could go to jail for having kidnapping tools. It's the law.
Don't believe me? I've done my research, not sharing it though. Look it up yourself.

Oh well. Idk what you folks think. I operate the way I operate. You do what you do. Really doesn't matter to me. Be safe

Oh well. Idk what you folks think. I operate the way I operate. You do what you do. Really doesn't matter to me. Be safe

It wasn't about how you 'operate', it's you touting that it is the law and company policy when it actually isn't either. No one can find any information to support your assertion, including yourself thus far. If we are wrong we sure would like to know but instead of contributing you just wanna keep on operating.

It wasn't about how you 'operate', it's you touting that it is the law and company policy when it actually isn't either. No one can find any information to support your assertion, including yourself thus far. If we are wrong we sure would like to know but instead of contributing you just wanna keep on operating.
I can't understand why she doesn't just admit she's wrong. It's really no big deal because we all make mistakes. Perhaps it's arrogance. Maybe pride. When I'm wrong I simply admit it. I've never had a problem with humility.

DOT regulations do require that any hazmat that's any amour required placards example poison gas now require bolt seals. As for the bolt cutters DOT, fire and rescue carry bolt cutters the driver may be incompacataded and unable to assist. Hope this helps.

DOT regulations do require that any hazmat that's any amour required placards example poison gas now require bolt seals. As for the bolt cutters DOT, fire and rescue carry bolt cutters the driver may be incompacataded and unable to assist. Hope this helps.

You are exactly right