Yellow | When I wave my hand at you...

i turn my headlights off unless i'm on auto pilot and off in some meadow with..eh...nevermind. yeah i always turn my headlights off unless i think the driver is going to stay in that lane to pass someone ahead of me. i'm only 26 and only been driving 4 1/2 years. it's not just the older, seasoned veterans who show courtesy :1036316054:. hell...if someone is having a hard time getting around me, i even flip the jake brake on and slow down.

Gee shoeman, maybe you need to wear your sunglasses at night! :joke:

Since I'm just a youngster compared to you (I only started to drive TT in 1966) I have a different take on flashing high beams. When I'm driving and passing someone (a rare event with our equipment) I usually keep my eyes on the road ahead of me. When I'm clear and it's OK to move back over and the other guy gives me a quick high beam flash I can usually notice that without having to stare into my mirror. Of course I do then check the mirror just to be sure I'm clear before moving over. I don't mind the quick flash myself and I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue!

PS - Maybe someone can start a business making up "Do Not Flash" bumper stickers for those like you who object to the "flash" technique. :hide:
Triplex, I will recognize your sarcasm with the do not flash stickers...HMMMM! As for the high beams, nope I will not budge! I'll put it this way, when I went to driving school at 16 yrs of age it was a ticketable offense to drive with high beams on. Unless something has changed then it still is. What makes you think I want them in my eyes? I know where the back of my trailer is so I can look back and see when its safe to pass. I just dont want to get blinded when i do it!:1036316054: For the record, I still have a little eyesight left after 20+ yrs under my belt. Retinas are burning out quickly though!!!!:biglaugh:

City local 992

To flash,or not to flash, that is the question,maybe we can get Jeff to start a poll. I have been driving for 30 plus years and tend to agree with triplex, at night you can keep your eyes on the road and notice a flash in the mirror then look to make sure it is safe to pull back in,lets call it professional courtesy . I have been doing city delivery for 31 years I know most of the local drivers by name, union, and non union. If we are at some dock and one of the other drivers have a heavy skid that they are having a hard time with I always lend a hand and they usely do the same, it makes life a little easier. When I am on the street and see someone trying to get out I will slow down and flash those darn light to let them out . You know kind of like a random act of kindness might be contagous.:smilie_132:

I've pretty much given up on flashing during the day, (that sounds *****, I know) or turning off the headlights to let someone over at night. Most trucks blow by me at 80 MPH everywhere except Ohio. Then they become chickensh*ts and poke along and are on the CB yelling for a bear report. Speaking of flashing. When did it become mandatory to flash high beams to let someone know when it's OK to come back over.

You can't see the high beam flash in the daytime anyway on one of our Volvos normally. Sometimes if the truck passing casts a shadow you are able to though.

Gee, I don't have a problem with ANY trucker waving back at me! :smilie_132:

Maybe if I had a shirt on they wouldn't? :hysterical: Ok, JUST KIDDING!! I don't do that!!

I recall as a kid that my dad would turn his lights off/on and not flash the brights. Dad was OTR for many years. Today vehicles are made for the lights to come on automatically and it's more of a hassle to turn them off and on whereas use to you'd push the lights in and back out. I can find my brights on my steering column but let me try to find the knob on the dash and I'd have a wreck trying to find it :biglaugh:

All in favor of TiredDvrsWife posting a pic of herself flashing say AYE!!!! :1036316054:

We wanna make sure the highbeams on her car are visible in the daytime.

All in favor of TiredDvrsWife posting a pic of herself flashing say AYE!!!! :1036316054:

Ohhhhhhhh noooooooooooo you ain't!!!! I've been good the past few days, didn't even :chairshot::nutkick: my most unfavorite person on the CW board. I'd love to find out what barn he works at and let him and my driver have a 'talk' :hysterical:

Besides, no nekkie pics on the BB. Rules are Rules!!

Who you kiddin man? :shades: You ain't the least bit worried whats working on that car!! :whistle: But I vote AYE anyway. :1036316054:

i dunno what to say about this but it would be funny if you waved at the same person and they never waved back, then you can start flipping them the bird and maybe they still won't wave back but if they take get all antsy about it then they only know how to express negative attitude and not much positive attitude or maybe they're just too focused on driving on the road that they don't want to take a eye off the road or hand off the steering wheel cause it could potentially be a road hazard

My "Beams" :hysterical::hysterical::biglaugh:

2289775561_2919f4e346.jpg