TForce | when should my seniority date be

...once you complete the probationary period and you become full time your seniority starts from that date whether you are working or not...if the paper work says you are full time you are full time..call hr and get your status...whats the problem ?

gord.gif

ok heres my situation, i signed an ad hoc city driver bid and was awarded it on friday january 29th.....today was the day of my road test and i passed

i think that since i was awarded the bid and am completely qualified that my full time seniority date should be either today or friday...management is saying it wont be until i start getting trained which could be up to a month cuz i gotta wait on my uniforms

i dont agree with that at all, its not my fault they didnt get me my uniforms earlier....i talked to a couple stewards and the business agent and none of them know cuz not many part time dockworkers get there CDL and go full time

It's what ever they say. Get use to it...

If you bid on a full time job, then your performed work as a full time employee by exercising your ability to bid on said job. If you are part time and bid a part time job.......well then u just gotta wait till they are ready to make u full time to get your seniority date.

If you bid on a full time job, then your performed work as a full time employee by exercising your ability to bid on said job. If you are part time and bid a part time job.......well then u just gotta wait till they are ready to make u full time to get your seniority date.

i signed the bid....was awarded the bid...now 2-3 weeks later am still a part time dockworker making part time wages and i have to wait until management makes me full time.....why would they post the bid and get my hopes up if they werent ready to put me in the full time slot? its bullsh**

I feel your pain brother. Hell here in BHM, they let local cartage drivers that are on lay off bid, then make the road drivers run the run of the driver they displaced. How can a driver on lay off bid. BA told UPS it was another grey are and that UPS could do it however they wanted too.