Yellow | When you park on the tracks................

Grew up in close proximity to

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Transportation

Climbed in and out of every locomotive on the property. Haven’t been back in too many years. Road MOPac to KC, then to Omaha and the overnight Wabash as a kid. Made sure I knew everyone riding. Hated it when Mom made us fly Braniff, but alas, times change.

Old as I am, I've never had a train ride except the Cass Scenic Shay.
Like you, I rode a block or two in the switching yard, climbed over everything before the (Railroad Police) ran us off.
My favorite train is the one Mr Acuff made famous, Wabash Cannonball.

<snip>
You might be old enough to remember Smith Transport if you spent enough time in Canada back when. CP bought them up in the 1960's, then sold them in the 1980's when they became Inter-Link. One of the biggest LTL's in Canada back in the day, alongside the likes of Kingsway, Motorways and Direct Winters.

Oh boy did you just bring back a bunch of good memories! Do I remember Smith Transport? How could I forget! Smith had a terminal in Hoboken (NJ) back in the later 1970's with road drivers domiciled there. They were mostly a bunch of Hoboken/Jersey City guys and a hoot on the road. They turned Albany every day just as I did for Maislin. They were a bunch of characters and I ran with them more than with my Maislin co-workers. We had a ball on the road, remember this was during the peak CB days of the later 1970's. We'd take a full 16 hours to do a 310 mile Albany turn - stopping for "coffee" at every Thruway Service area and meeting up with our many female CB "friends" along the way. Those were great times for sure.