Yellow | Where do you work?

Hey Docksteward up to 63 layed off Mandatory OT every day and they are getting rid of our 10 hour shifts going to all 8 hour shifts. Do you guys work 8's. The thinking is they are getting ready for the combining however they will do it. We are supposed to be losing our Hickory runs in the spring as Rdwy has a eol there.

Hey Docksteward up to 63 layed off Mandatory OT every day and they are getting rid of our 10 hour shifts going to all 8 hour shifts. Do you guys work 8's. The thinking is they are getting ready for the combining however they will do it. We are supposed to be losing our Hickory runs in the spring as Rdwy has a eol there.
Yea devilfan..........671 has 8 hour bids. Most shifts though are forced to work 2 hours OT, daily.

We'll know more by the middle of this week about the combining of the terminals and our linehaul. DS.

Yellow Charlotte had 120 loads in the yard sat am. would not call laid off guys to work it. Not that I blame them Management has said they will NOT call them for more than 2 days.

Local 174 Seattle, 15 year Teamster last 3 at Yellow. Laid off Dec 2, looking for another union gig but with the sour economy I will have to take what I can get. There is a lot of competition out there for the few jobs that come up.