Holland | Where is Holland finding these people??

wEil6qV.jpg

Here's a good one coming your way! He's gonna need a 6 am start time so he can do his 12 and make back to the half way house by 7pm.
He's Line haul Material for sure !!

I see Holland is hiring OTR in Atlanta. Could someone please give me any information on pay or anything else relevant. Like what the Typical week would be, any dock work?
I have seen your posting about new hires. I have 27 years driving experience over 3.5 million safe miles.
I have tanker hazmat and double/triples endorsements. Thank you in advance for any information.
I have a little more experience than you, and they made me an offer that was so laughable that I had to bite my tongue to let them keep their dignity.
I recommend that you keep looking.

For those who fear leaving, that is understandable, been there done that. It is scary. But trust me, there is good life after Holland. But do your homework on where to go before you make the leap.
Have a good list of questions for a new prospective employer to be sure they match your needs.

Literally anyone with a pulse. They will hire ANYONE now. And do whatever to keep them. We have a probationary who in his first week missed 3 and a half days of work. They just let him start his 30 days over again. They cant drive, dont want to work a dock, expect a prime start time with volume runs, show up late, want a new tractor. And they cater to these guys because they cant find anyone else.
What wrong with that?

Go to any non-union , like Dayton or XPO or Old Dom. ,or pick one that has a "Matching 401-K " so you have a it when you retire ,unlike our broke CSPF and plus they pay about $5-6 bucks a hour more too !! NO future at any of YRCW companies ,they just keep taking away from us !!
It is something to think about instead of complaining on these forums!

These are things to addressed in the next contract. If the pension is broke bargain for a 401k match instead. Its not popular for many I know but the IBT should hopefully start getting members concerns soon.
Lol. Ever hear of the Unfunded Liability?

These are things to addressed in the next contract. If the pension is broke bargain for a 401k match instead. Its not popular for many I know but the IBT should hopefully start getting members concerns soon.
They should be working on an alternative plan already, like a 401. CSPF, I doubt you could sell any companies drivers on if you were trying to organize them. Need to go with 401 in each drivers name like we have now with payroll deduction.your account,in your name, and the contribution goes directly into it.

They should be working on an alternative plan already, like a 401. CSPF, I doubt you could sell any companies drivers on if you were trying to organize them. Need to go with 401 in each drivers name like we have now with payroll deduction.your account,in your name, and the contribution goes directly into it.

i would like that alot but they voted in hoffa again and hes going to triple down on this pension scheme even though no members that have joined in recent years will EVER have a real pension beyond maybe a car payment. currently the pension system will only benefit those that have alot of time vested in the union and even then at a reduced benefit as the pension is due to go bankrupt in the next 7-8 yrs.

Last edited: