TForce | Where is the NY State Truck Rodeo going to be this year?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I've been trying to find out for the last 3 months.
Where they are going to have this years rodeo.

I finally found the web site of the NYSMTA organizers today.
They have the date which is 7/18,& 19/08 but no location.

My old terminal never had any interest in this contest,so they can't give me any info.

If anyone knows where this is going to be I'd be greatful to find out,so I could attend,and catch up with my old friends from all the LTL's.

Thanks for the help,Apostolic retired UPS Freight safety trainer.

Thanks ever so much for all of your help,hugnlug.

I just got the location from a Conway poster on the Conway Forum.

I probably should of just asked those posters first.

Conway has always been very visable in these trucking rodeo's.
They have always provided equipment,as well as their branded tent,beverages,and eats,for all of their people who show up to drive,judge,or just to watch.

In upstate NY UPS Freight is lucky to even get one driver from Buffalo,usually nobody from Rochester.
You never see any of their equipment.
Although the last 3 they did have a small canopie with their brand,as well as two,or three boxes of donuts,and a cooler with beverages.

Logan even was there last year,so its like their trying to do their part.

Thanks to the Conway Forum its going to be in Albany New York 7/18 &7/19 this year,for anyone interested.

Not sure if you heard yet, but this year it is being held in the parking lot of the Crossgate's mall in Albany, NY.

Another poster says its going to be at the Sam's Club Parking lot in albany.

Which didn't sound right to me,as that lot would be filled with Sams shoppers vehicles.

I called the North Eastern UPS Freight safety Dept twice to ask,leaving a message for a call back.
That was last month.
I'm still waiting for a call back.

Its a good thing I didn't hold my breath on that,as I'd be dead long ago.

I can always call the Albany Chambers of Commerce they would surely know where an event such as this would be.

But thanks for you contribution to my question Dango.
You may be right.

Your right its listed on the bottom of page 13.

Well now wouldn't have thought there would be enough room in a wholesale club parking lot with all of their customers?

After looking at this link you have provided sppollock I'm very surprised to see so many events for truckers in the warmer months of the year.

Well thanks to you for the location of this event.

Your right its listed on the bottom of page 13.

Well now wouldn't have thought there would be enough room in a wholesale club parking lot with all of their customers?

After looking at this link you have provided sppollock I'm very surprised to see so many events for truckers in the warmer months of the year.

Well thanks to you for the location of this event.

Your welcome, thats how I found the location for our event here in Washington.

I talked with someone on the NY TDC committee earlier today, and it is definately at the mall parking lot, Sam's turned them away. They are also going to run two courses as there are over 200 contestants.

Oh my,I think the best thing to do is to ride over to the terminal,they surely should know.
They can give directions,and save gas from running all over town.

Now I should have thought about this before I bothered all of you by starting this thread.

Thanks for all of you contibuting answers to my question.

Just an FYI for all those interested in the TDC. My linehaul trainer a few years ago at Conway who won the national championship in the tanker class a few years ago, placed first in the Pa championships a couple days ago. He will be at nationals again. To everyone involved, I admire the the commitment it takes to compete. Best of luck to all.