TForce | Where were you on 9/11/01?

UPGF4IBT

TB Lurker
Credits
In keeping with the hope that no generation ever forgets what happened that day, I thought some of us could share where we were and what we were doing that awful day...

For me, i was hauling a load of dog food from Stockton, CA to Fontana when about an hour or so into my trip I heard on the FM a very loose report of what had happened. I fortunately had a TV in the bunk and was able to watch the events unfold. And to add insult to injury, I was stopped by the CHP for speeding (65 in a 55)...amazing how CHP will never cease on enforcing truck laws, even on a day like that!:USA:

I was on my way to work. Got to the office and was able to log into CNN live on my PC. It also got me thinking about the fact that our son was making plans to go into the Service when he graduated high school. This made him even more determined to enlist. Now he only has 10 months to go and has decided to re-up.

I was nearly back from my line haul run listening to the John Boy & Billy morning show as they were whooping it up. One of them said that a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center. The mood turned sober and the laughter stopped.

I got home just as the second plane plow into the second tower. I will never forget that morning.

I didn't know it at the moment, but I just lived through my generation's Alamo & Pearl Harbor.

I was nearly back from my line haul run listening to the John Boy & Billy morning show as they were whooping it up. One of them said that a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center. The mood turned sober and the laughter stopped.

I got home just as the second plane plow into the second tower. I will never forget that morning.

I didn't know it at the moment, but I just lived through my generation's Alamo & Pearl Harbor.

I didn't know it at the moment, but I just lived through my generation's Pearl Harbor.

Same here just closed my trl door on the dock and was going to hook my box at AF/FXFE. When I was hooking in the yard which is close to the airport it was very , very quiet not a plane in sight , it was a day I will always remember. God bless all that were lost and the familys.

Smokestack :USA:

I was at home that morning, just flipped on the tv set when I saw the hit on the tower and thinking, "this must be some movie roll-in" sadly enough it was a reality. My heart goes out to all the families of the victims of 911.

I wasn't far outside of Pittsburgh. I was running to Harrisburg from the west coast.
At first I thought is was just a tragic accident. Then the second and third I knew we was under attack.

God Bless all our men and women lost, and their families that remain behind.

I was in Watertown,NY. Driving a tank wagon when I heard of the tragedy. First thing I thought of was my family and friends since I'm originally from NY. But all my family and friends were fine but so many innocenet people were victims. Whether you support the war or not, you definately have to support our troops. There the ones that make it possible for us to live in this great country.:USA:

Boats said:
I was in Watertown,NY. Driving a tank wagon when I heard of the tragedy. First thing I thought of was my family and friends since I'm originally from NY. But all my family and friends were fine but so many innocenet people were victims. Whether you support the war or not, you definately have to support our troops. There the ones that make it possible for us to live in this great country.:USA:

Amen to that...:smillie_flag:

I had just come in off a road run. I got home and watched the tragedy on TV. Needless to say I got in bed late and had trouble getting to sleep that day. Valerie, give your son a big hug and a thanks for his service to this great country from the gang at Truckingboards.

Valerie said:
You can be sure that we support our troops, no matter where they are!

That's right my son has 18 years in the Air Force. Just two years left. He is going back southern Iraq Oct.8th.

God Bless America and Our Troops.:USA:

I remember only too well that morning.
I was at IKEA California Dist.Center and talking on the phone with Customs broker arranging release of containers for delivery to the DC here in CA.

Support of our troops is big in our house also, my son-in-law is currntly at FtDix, NJ preparing from deployment in Nov for Iraq.

I myself did not serve during my elgible years,
but I have always had the upmost respect for all our TROOPS regardless of which branch.

God's Blessings and protection for all troops, family and friends - especially on this anniversary day.

I was making a delivery of plastic bags to a bakery in Jamestown NC

I was making a delivery when the news broke oif the first plane hitting. I watched it on the news for a few minutes then went on my way.
A few stops later the receiver told me another plane had just hit the second tower.

The first thing I did was call my wife to let her know what was going on. Once I got off the phone it sunk in that we were actually under attack.

It's a day I'll never forget

I was at home sitting in front of the computer, maybe even on Truckingboards. Had CNBC on tv right next to me. Mark Hane's, the host, broke into the show with a breaking news story, had a camera right on the twin towers, said they thought a small plane had hit the 1st tower, kept the camera on them and saw the 2nd plane hit the other tower. I knew right then that the world had changed...........God Bless America:smillie_flag:

9/11/01

Skeeter said:
That's right my son has 18 years in the Air Force. Just two years left. He is going back southern Iraq Oct.8th.

God Bless America and Our Troops.:USA:
Good luck to your son Skeeter and for that matter ALL of the troops over there and else where in the service.
I remember very well where I was , I was on vacation on a cruise ship in the Gulf of Alaska. I'm up EARLY to begin with ,Alaska is 4 hrs behind Chicago time ,So I was already up and dressed watching the whole nightmare unfold on TV.I walked out of my cabin after awhile . I was kind of white ,in shock.The cabin attendents looked at me ,WOW ,are you OK ?. I'll never forget that .
I spent a extra couple of days in Anchorage trying to get home .One of these days I'll get back there ..

Mike432 said:
Good luck to your son Skeeter and for that matter ALL of the troops over there and else where in the service.
I remember very well where I was , I was on vacation on a cruise ship in the Gulf of Alaska. I'm up EARLY to begin with ,Alaska is 4 hrs behind Chicago time ,So I was already up and dressed watching the whole nightmare unfold on TV.I walked out of my cabin after awhile . I was kind of white ,in shock.The cabin attendents looked at me ,WOW ,are you OK ?. I'll never forget that .
I spent a extra couple of days in Anchorage trying to get home .One of these days I'll get back there ..

Thanks, Mike...:smillie_flag: