TForce | Where were you on 9/11/01?

9/11/01

Skeeter said:
Thanks, Mike...:smillie_flag:
No problem.
A funny side story .On that cruise you paid
something like $40. for unlimited use on the internet .
I'll tell you ,I used a bunch that week.
The last cruise I went on ,Unlimited was not a option anymore .
Geez, I couldn't go without Truckingboards !

I was sorting boxes of household items at a large grocery chain warehouse just south of Rochester N.Y.
They have a TV in their break room.
Someone in the shipping,receiving office heard it on the radio,and we all just stood still,like it was sur-real.
Than we went to the break room to watch it on TV.
I was praying that God would protect everyone in his will,and the rest of our country.
After a little while everyone went back to work.
It was the talk of the warehouse,but everyone was really scared to what else would happen?
I called my wife,but she already heard it.
5 years ago,and yet it doesn't seem that much time has past.

I was at home in Kernersville, NC. getting ready to go in at RDWY. I watched the second plane go into the WTC and listened to the news anchors say that now they realize that it was no "accident". Before I left for work I saw reports about the Pentagon crash and reports about a plane crashing in PA. When I got to work men on the dock were asking about what was going on...........we all changed on that day. DS.

This is an excellent idea......and to have come from a teenager....just think!!!!!!!!

An idea from the son of a 9/11 firefighter... so before you delete this, just remember that

This is a 14 year-old boy who lost his father on September 11th. All you're asked to do is pass it on to someone that knows how to go about getting a national holiday He's got a really great idea. Thanks!

Hello, I lost my Dad on September 11th; he was Chief Edward Geraghty, Battalion 9, New York City Fire Department. He lost his life with many other heroes that day, victims of the terrorists.

Firefighters from all over have come to the aid and rescue of The tragedy in New York and Washington, D.C. Many firefighters lost their lives to save someone else's.

The truth of the matter is, they do this every single day. They truly are heroes. I know many people feel helpless, especially those who live far from NYC and D.C. We all want to do something to show our appreciation, our support!

I think we can... In honor of the bravery, courage and determination of American firefighters, there should be a day in our nation to celebrate and appreciate their hard-work and never-ending passion for saving lives. I think we should honor all those other heroes who still live today. I'm starting a petition for a National Firefighters Day.

Will you help make every September 11th "National Firefighters Day"? Please join me!

Thank you, Connor Geraghty, age 14, Rockville Centre, New York

(I Love U, DAD!!)

I was in Toronto,Canada in a hotel conference room getting ready to hear a keynote speaker. A hotel worker came in and interrupted with the news and they wheeled a TV in so we could all watch it unfold.

We could not leave Canada for a week,flights were not to be had and when we did get one,security was so tight and through. All our luggage was hand inspected no matter who you were. Everyone on the flight was nervous and I admit to looking at my fellow passagers with a bit of distrust.

A sad day for Americans and a sad day for mankind.

Hi,
I was on my peddle run on the seacoast of N.H.
I stopped for coffee at the gas station at exit 3 on 95.
After I got my coffee, I went to pay for it and there were 4 or 5 NH state troopers just staring at the tv on the wall.I stared too!
I had to go on Pease for a delivery,there were fighters coming in and taking off very quickly. When i say taking off I mean these guys were going straight up it seemed.
All the ANG building signs were covered with tarps, and every entrance to the tarmac had some kind of equipment blocking it. Wether it was a front end loader, sand truck, plow,or anything they could find to block off the entrances.
They turned me away from going on the base, there were MP's with weapons ready!
It still gives me chills when I think about it!
wolleyworldd

I was sleeping. Taking my eight hours off. Its to bad so many americans want to forget that history changing tragic day. I guess that it is easier for people to forget or not think about that tragic day. Last night I listened to fox news and they had all the news events as they happend that day. It brought back all the feelings I had on that day. All americans need to hear and see the tragic events of that day as a reminder that from that day forward this is a new America. A country that is waiting for another big tragic day. The terrorists are always thinking of ways to kill Americans. Remember its not if. Its when. And sooner or later some will slip by with their plans for terror. There should be no limit as to what this country does and how much money it spends to keep our country safe. The future of our country depends on what steps we take now. The elections are not to far away. Security for this country should be priorty at any cost. Thanks to all the service men and woman for helping keep our country safe.

Dropping my trailer at the dock in Jackson Tn.second plane hit the WTC as I was checking in at the hotel.Didn't sleep at all that week.

Thanks for all the great responses...I circled Manhattan twice last night and was able to see the "Tribute in Light"...a very moving sight. I really do miss those buildings and can never stop thinking about what happened to them.

Skeeter said:
That's right my son has 18 years in the Air Force. Just two years left. He is going back southern Iraq Oct.8th.

God Bless America and Our Troops.:USA:
Skeeter, our thoughts and prayers will be with your son as he goes into Iraq this fall. We appreciate all our troops serving around the globe.

:coffee1:
Cowtown Troy said:
Skeeter, our thoughts and prayers will be with your son as he goes into Iraq this fall. We appreciate all our troops serving around the globe.
"It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk."

Skeeter our thoughts are with him. I know how it is when they deploy and you aren't able to hear from them. Mine just got back from his deployment a couple of days ago. He called last night, but wasn't able to discuss it. "Loose Lips Sink Ships"

i was in the heart of it all. I grew up in lower Manhattan and i actually saw the 2nd tower fall like a set of dominoes. saw it from my parents kitchen window. truly unbelievable. the polluted air filled my old neighborhood for weeks. i was actually working for UPS at the time and a security guard there told me on my way out not to drive down the West Side Highway because a plane crashed into the WTC. i thought he was insane but i shortly found out he was sane as hell.

UnionTrucka said:
i was in the heart of it all. I grew up in lower Manhattan and i actually saw the 2nd tower fall like a set of dominoes. saw it from my parents kitchen window. truly unbelievable. the polluted air filled my old neighborhood for weeks. i was actually working for UPS at the time and a security guard there told me on my way out not to drive down the West Side Highway because a plane crashed into the WTC. i thought he was insane but i shortly found out he was sane as hell.
I guess we all lost alittle bit of sanity that day !

i thought maybe that 1st plane was an accident but as i was driving down 5th Avenue, that 2nd one hit and I quickly realized that this was no accident. i still can't believe i saw that tower fall:(

Valerie said:
Skeeter our thoughts are with him. I know how it is when they deploy and you aren't able to hear from them. Mine just got back from his deployment a couple of days ago. He called last night, but wasn't able to discuss it. "Loose Lips Sink Ships"

That's true Valerie. It's going to be a long year for us.:smillie_flag: