TForce | Wheres the big news that DHL bought out Yellow?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I was chatting with my outbound supervisor after I clocked out.
One by one my co-workers were coming in off their roots,and asking the rest of us if we heard Yellow was bought out by DHL.

I said if thats true there will be some big news flash on the truckingboards tonight.
My co- workers were saying all their shippers were telling them about the purchase.

So here I am,I just got home,now I'm here starting this thread,because I haven't read anything about any DHL,Yellow take over,anywhere on this message board.

It sure seems very odd to me,that the customers up here in the north east are spreading this rumor?

I'd think if this was true,there'd be something on the truckingboard.

But nothing?
Something is mighty fishy,if you ask me?

APO,your a couple of days late on this one,I believe it was just another rumor ..Go to the yellow boards and it is on there.. DHL has denied this..

Yeah its one thing to have our trucking industry rumors being passed along with fellow truckers,through the CB radio conversations,as well as word of mouth with linehaul drivers from other terminals along the gossip grape vine.

But to hear it coming from customers is a rare thing?

As a rule customer shipping,and receiving departments are the last ones to find out about any trucking industry events.

Who knows I guess this is one rumor thats gone wild,who knows where it will end?

Yeah its one thing to have our trucking industry rumors being passed along with fellow truckers,through the CB radio conversations,as well as word of mouth with linehaul drivers from other terminals along the gossip grape vine.

But to hear it coming from customers is a rare thing?

As a rule customer shipping,and receiving departments are the last ones to find out about any trucking industry events.

Who knows I guess this is one rumor thats gone wild,who knows where it will end?

Yeah that entire story got started on a report by rueters news service that DHL offered 41 dollars a share for yrcw, some late night trucking radio networks added some more hype to the story, and it went from there.

It'll happen. No secret that DHL has been actively seeking a trucking company. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Stay tuned.......

It'll happen. No secret that DHL has been actively seeking a trucking company. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Stay tuned.......

When DHL is ready, My guess is Conway. Now that Conway is rebranded and has spun off from there other company's, It might be a plan in the making.

In my opinion DHL and YRC had to deny this rumor. I think it will happen. If you remember when Yellow/ Roadway purchased USF there were rumors all over the place and the compnaies denied it. Then once it was all done they came out and annouonced it was official. Lets also not forget about the relationship between DHL and YRC. Wheels of Orlando hit the nail on the head. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

I get the feeling its just a matter of time but I doubt anything major will happen, or at least above the board until the next contract is signed and ratified.

I get the feeling its just a matter of time but I doubt anything major will happen, or at least above the board until the next contract is signed and ratified.

To be honest I do not know why DHL would want to take on such a debt , and there is plenty with YRC , particularly if they want to buyback from the pention.

To be honest I do not know why DHL would want to take on such a debt , and there is plenty with YRC , particularly if they want to buyback from the pention.

Hey its all speculation, but YRC does have some advantages over other LTL carriers. The infrastructure is in place for mass capacity, in a economic boom they are one of few carriers that has the capabilities to effectively deal with high volumes of freight and not trip up.

In the area I live in the 3rd largest LTL terminal is a Fed Ex terminal the top two are YRC companies and the fourth is as well. USF is big out here and they cover every little burg that very few regionals even touch. Another thing is that Yellow and Roadway run mostly 100% CDL driver labor employees meaning they have a stash of drivers like no one else does.

About the debt I would assume in a purchase the debt would be considered in the price, furthermore, I can't help but feel a company that has deep financial ties to Germany, may give it a preference to one of Germany's largest companies.

Pensions UPS's pull out will buy the Central States another 15-25 years of viability, after which their is a ten year review period giving the companies and the pension administration time to come up with a plan to return the funds to adequate funding levels. I agree the liabilities exist and they may even exceed the value of the entire corporation

I am disappointed in the Teamsters recent decision to turn their backs on the fund I had hoped that they would keep UPS in the fund and work towards righting the fund rather than cutting and running. Its a short term solution, and its good for all involved for now but the members left in that fund will be hung out to dry eventually.

Hey its all speculation, but YRC does have some advantages over other LTL carriers. The infrastructure is in place for mass capacity, in a economic boom they are one of few carriers that has the capabilities to effectively deal with high volumes of freight and not trip up.

In the area I live in the 3rd largest LTL terminal is a Fed Ex terminal the top two are YRC companies and the fourth is as well. USF is big out here and they cover every little burg that very few regionals even touch. Another thing is that Yellow and Roadway run mostly 100% CDL driver labor employees meaning they have a stash of drivers like no one else does.

About the debt I would assume in a purchase the debt would be considered in the price, furthermore, I can't help but feel a company that has deep financial ties to Germany, may give it a preference to one of Germany's largest companies.

Pensions UPS's pull out will buy the Central States another 15-25 years of viability, after which their is a ten year review period giving the companies and the pension administration time to come up with a plan to return the funds to adequate funding levels. I agree the liabilities exist and they may even exceed the value of the entire corporation

I am disappointed in the Teamsters recent decision to turn their backs on the fund I had hoped that they would keep UPS in the fund and work towards righting the fund rather than cutting and running. Its a short term solution, and its good for all involved for now but the members left in that fund will be hung out to dry eventually.

I am in no position to debate what you are saying, you are 100% correct, my actual statement should have been explained further actually, and it would make scence to a respect.

When considering a buyout, and I am not saying YRC is a bad company, they are not, by far, but in comparison to others, sometimes it is easier to buy a company with little debt, ( and there is not many more of those left) and expand,making profit,as opposed to taking on the additional debt, and hoping to make it back in the profits, geographically YRC would be the best choice, but not the only one.