FedEx Freight | Which Ltl require dock work

Ratchet

TB Lurker
Credits
Which Ltl carriers require dock work for linehaul drivers? Am at point after multiple back surgeries that driving is about all I can handle.

Which Ltl carriers require dock work for linehaul drivers? Am at point after multiple back surgeries that driving is about all I can handle.
Isn't dock work pretty much fork lift driving for the most part? Is anyone really fingerprinting freight much anymore? Just curious.

Isn't dock work pretty much fork lift driving for the most part? Is anyone really fingerprinting freight much anymore? Just curious.
If was on off forklift scanning freight that be no problem. But building decks, recouping freight, climbing over freight to secure other freight is what’s causing me issues.

If take short linehaul, say 120 one way and get to hub and trailers aren’t ready what do these drivers do? Sit and wait with no pay? Paid delay pay while waiting on new trailers? Dispatch to another terminal? Am so use to driving to hub and having to work dock for 2,3, or 4 hours I jus don’t see it any other way. Lol

There might be some oddball shaped heavy something or another that has to be loaded or stacked but its mostly lift work and if it is heavy ive heard of people just dragging it off to unload.

All that you just mentioned is a routine day on the dock at all those spots. If you have some experience you know how to get thru this. No company will allow you to climb up on anything but a stepstool they provide. But Tri was right nobody is fingerprinting freight anymore.