TForce | While everyone is in a panic about a B.S mandate, the real threat to your job is only around the corner

Driver-less trucks at less won't be doing this !!
255411724_2819879234968607_5104853887439724249_n.jpg

True story, my manager caught a contractor washing his wiener in the sink. When asked the contractor said he was required by religious ordinance to wash seven body parts a day. Manager said “not in my sink you don’t” and “in America, that’s called indecent exposure” !

But this is on the same, generally "closed" route?
Nope this is in downtown Bentonville. In front of everything moving.

As far as I am concerned the industry can embrace the robot trucks with both arms. get the drivers out of them The robots can do all the precious port waiting times.

Until the Russians & Chinese hack them and really bring this country to its knees. Sorry NAVY Veteran
There is a steam engine down in pine bluff that can handle a couple thousand tons up to 70 or so. Fuel oil and water good for about 50 miles plus or minus 20 depending on consumption rates. (She is licensed as a motor vehicle in Arkansas and runs on Motor oil or any similar fuels and lots of water) Shes pretty much built but is being stored because of politics versus Union Pacific. I know just enough to try and drive her just need someone to fire her with that oil. I know also how to get that going and build pressure from cold but the learning will have to be on the job.

There is a major intermodal yard NE of here on highway 64. Freight will have to be transferred down to Jenks in North Little Rock so they can process it further and vice versa.

This would be post EMP when the modern tractor trailers and rail engines etc are nuked and bricked unable to function.

Who will they write up when Robot misses a pick up?
Who will they call when the robot breaks.

As a vehicle owner you dont want a robot, citations go straight to you personally.

Years ago I railed against the robots and all that. Finally I no longer give a damn. Robot the Nation for all I care. See where that gets you.

Nobody ever talks about the cost of those trucks, yes the Walmart, Amazon, UPS mega companies could probably afford them but they would bankrupt a lot of companies especially when one runs over a child running out in the road to get their ball or something similar

Nobody ever talks about the cost of those trucks, yes the Walmart, Amazon, UPS mega companies could probably afford them but they would bankrupt a lot of companies especially when one runs over a child running out in the road to get their ball or something similar
Wow! I think that is exactly what was said about automobiles replacing horse and buggies.
The computer reacts faster than the human. Eliminates human error.
When labor gets too expensive, technology takes over. Scanners at cash registers that eliminate pricing each item, automatically replace inventory and reduce the number of cashiers. EZ Pass not toll booths. Self service gas pumps. It's not new, pallets and forklifts come to mind. Henry Ford's assembly lines. Like everything else, as driverless trucks evolve and their production gets competitive, prices will go

Wow! I think that is exactly what was said about automobiles replacing horse and buggies.
When labor gets too expensive, technology takes over. Scanners at cash registers that eliminate pricing each item, automatically replace inventory and reduce the number of cashiers. EZ Pass not toll booths. Self service gas pumps. It's not new, pallets and forklifts come to mind. Henry Ford's assembly lines. Like everything else, as driverless trucks evolve and their production gets competitive, prices will go
They better go.
Nobody will have any money to buy the stuff they take over.

All I can think about with the automated stuff on the Holland trucks is when someone whips into your lane to get off the ramp quick or someone drifts into your lane just ahead of you those trucks automatically apply the brakes really hard. Now if you add a little ice to that situation you have a recipe for disaster.
What about when they have construction barrels out and they run you off on shoulder and my dash lights up red to stop truck now? So many unusual situations that years of experience get you through where I just don't know how you program that into a computer?
Oh well I am 62 years old, I guess it really won't effect me.

Not the what if game:
What if you doze off
What if lightning strikes your truck
What if you have a stroke
What if, what if, what if!!!!!!!

All I can think about with the automated stuff on the Holland trucks is when someone whips into your lane to get off the ramp quick or someone drifts into your lane just ahead of you those trucks automatically apply the brakes really hard. Now if you add a little ice to that situation you have a recipe for disaster.
What about when they have construction barrels out and they run you off on shoulder and my dash lights up red to stop truck now? So many unusual situations that years of experience get you through where I just don't know how you program that into a computer?
Oh well I am 62 years old, I guess it really won't effect me.

Im tooling along fat dumb and happy assembling a dinner menu towards Dumfries near DC.

I dunno maybe 70, rush hour doing 90. Im in the way.

Someone screws up. ALL 4 lanes show emergency braking. I put her on the floor and just waited to kill people. And thinking I gotta get out of this BS industry. Somehow they managed to get the big bitch stopped and cars all around. Seems they were not sure either.

This was one of my first emergency braking in the old iron, cost the company six tires back there on the tridem under the container. I had ball bearings on. Really heavy stuff.

Took me about a decade before variations of cannot stop in nightmares to stop. Suppose I did not stop. I probably would need about 50 of those cars to get stopped. Not something i want to do. The worst was the one where the 20 footer split. Ball bearings scatter all over, but must especially under the rig while the speedo jumps past 110.