Estes | who deserves more respect? linehaul, city, utility or hub???

Can't forget about team drivers. Scheduled teams are the last to leave and the last to get back. They have to sleep in a bouncy ride and wait till the earlier schedule guys get their bills regardless if their load is ready. At our barn, the fat guy at home drinking coffee sitting on the recliner will go to the big man if the team driver leaves before him. I've done every driving job at big E and the teams got my honest vote hands down.

I'd say the ones that leave a category and go to another and get the job done then they switch stuff, cancels runs, and you are left out in the cold and have to go to the bottom of Extra Board, or worse yet Utility, just because you changed classes.
Thats after being at this place for 11 years.
And also have to wait 90 days to get your time back, which is so stupid when I will just bump somebody at the end of the year anyway.

We could debate this topic a lot more, but I think the whole premise is let's think about each other, realize what the other guys day is like, and use tolerance not just when we think it is warranted and/or deserved (My Wife constantly gets on me for bitching about other drivers in Fresno, she always says, "You don't now what kind of day that person is having, be nice!", and she is right!).

For example, as a xtra board driver, if I go into Salt Lake City to hook a set and head to Denver in the middle of winter, knowing I'm going to chain up, why should I have an arrogant attitude towards a dock worker that says "HI!" to me, when that man will be working the dock all night in 5 degree weather and deserves equal respect. Same with a city driver (P/D), that man will be dealing with a whole different round of problems and deserves respect to!

We all pick our jobs, and so shouldn't feel jealous of others. We all should just take it for granted that each of us are doing our part, and stop comparing. For the record, I actually feel this is going just fine at Estes compared to other jobs I have had, I personally have not noticed attitude from anyone with direct regard to my position in this company, and get along fine with everyone. And that is GREAT! I think the overall attitude at Estes (West Coast anyway.......) is fairly professional and the PSI of pressure even keeled :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since i have to pick one, i say city of course, we are the ones that have to put up with some unfriendly customers, all day, people that only drive in the day time (including, but not limited to... Old drivers, new drivers, motocycles, school busses, jay walkers, ppl texing while driving, lost motorist, bicycles, and so on and so forth, not to take anything from you road drivers, but one came and worked in the city and said they have a whole lot of respect for us, we hustle out there, belive me

You all deserve the respect that you each earn with your jobs.Just remember, respect is not just given it is earned.I takes teamwork to make any operation work so every has a job and a paycheck to keep their families going...Estes is a very good co to work for.If you don't believe it,just try UPS FREIGHT for a while.All the respect went out the door when they suckered Overnite. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all deserve the respect that you each earn with your jobs.Just remember, respect is not just given it is earned.I takes teamwork to make any operation work so every has a job and a paycheck to keep their families going...Estes is a very good co to work for.If you don't believe it,just try UPS FREIGHT for a while.All the respect went out the door when they suckered Overnite. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have some diehard employees over there. Hats off to them for putting up with all the years of chhiitt.

They have some diehard employees over there. Hats off to them for putting up with all the years of chhiitt.

I thought they were getting that worked out over there, with the union involved...Guess I heard wrong...