TForce | Who Has Verizon?

roadrnnr2007

TB Lurker
Credits
I do have the 22% discount on my main cell phone line but for almost three years I have had an air card also I was paying $59.99 a month for. I just upgraded that and got a new 4G air card since they lowered the price on that plan to $50 month. When I did it online I noticed I am getting my UPS Discount on that line also and only paying $39 for it.

I need to know if anybody else has a Cell phone and Air Card with Verizon and are getting our discount on both lines. I always though it was for your main line only but my neighbor told me they consider the Air Card your Main Data Line.

I am going to try and get a refund if That discount is normal fro us on that Data Line.

Thanks,

I hate Verizon, even with my 22% Fedex discount they were higher than anyone and nickle and dime you to death....

The air card line is discounted as well. They explained that with my plan, no I dont have an air card, the internet is discounted at the 22% rate as well for all my lines. I have a family plan and 2 lines have the internet with a discount for both lines. I hope this helps you.

I do have the 22% discount on my main cell phone line but for almost three years I have had an air card also I was paying $59.99 a month for. I just upgraded that and got a new 4G air card since they lowered the price on that plan to $50 month. When I did it online I noticed I am getting my UPS Discount on that line also and only paying $39 for it.

I need to know if anybody else has a Cell phone and Air Card with Verizon and are getting our discount on both lines. I always though it was for your main line only but my neighbor told me they consider the Air Card your Main Data Line.

I am going to try and get a refund if That discount is normal fro us on that Data Line.

Thanks,

Did you really notice a big difference between 3g and 4g. Just wondering if it is all that much faster. If so I'll upgrade. But I'm waiting to see if iphone 5 is going to be 4g...

Have not got 4G where I live, just upgraded because the plan was cheaper.
Spent 20 minutes on the phone with them this morning and 2 reps told me they could not refund me anything for the 2.5 years I paid the full price on the data line. First guy even tried to tell me only company execs were supposed to get the discount not employees.

My neighbor was in the same situation and last week he got a 12 month refund from the first person he talked to no problem.

Gonna try again tomorrow thinking all the flunky' are working the weekend shift.

So sick of the bullsh*t with trying to deal with cust service reps.

..got 4 lines...full data , voice on a droid x..with hot spot,hot spot works great IF there is a good signal...3g,4g is a ruse` my friends do your home work......if you do allot of conference calls att phones are hands down the way to go....you can handle 5 calls at a time with all kinds of options answer mute,delete individual calls.....if.....you arnt roaming,and that seems to only be sporadic here in nc,sc,al,va,wva,ga...and att workers are union.....been with Verizon for quite awhile...doubt I`ll change...but if enough incentive I will listen and supporting my brethren is a no brainer...

Straight Talk Nokia E71 3g GSM

straighttalk_nokia_E71.png

Extra Features: True Smartphone using ATT 3g network (where available), Full HTML browser, WiFi(wireless), GPS, MP3 player,Symbian Operating System,SD card slot for storage, video camera, Bluetooth, Video calls (equipped with rear and front cameras), Email (Exchange accessible, Gmail, Yahoo, Aol etc.), download applications and games from the Nokia Ovi app store, video streaming.

Also real easy to make it a wifi hotspot with an app
phone costs about 200 bucks
no contract 45 bucks a month unlimited talk text and data
http://saveonprepaidphones.com/straight_talk_nokia_e71
Most WalMarts carry them

Jeff said:
Straight Talk Nokia E71 3g GSM

Extra Features: True Smartphone using ATT 3g network (where available), Full HTML browser, WiFi(wireless), GPS, MP3 player,Symbian Operating System,SD card slot for storage, video camera, Bluetooth, Video calls (equipped with rear and front cameras), Email (Exchange accessible, Gmail, Yahoo, Aol etc.), download applications and games from the Nokia Ovi app store, video streaming.

Also real easy to make it a wifi hotspot with an app
phone costs about 200 bucks
no contract 45 bucks a month unlimited talk text and data
http://saveonprepaidphones.com/straight_talk_nokia_e71
Most WalMarts carry them

No data caps now that interesting.

...do your homework folks.....IF you run local..or run regional...maybe even nationally....service availability is the key....you can have a huge dollar phone but no service makes it nothing more than a brick door stop......CHECK YOU AREA !!!

renegade313 said:
...do your homework folks.....IF you run local..or run regional...maybe even nationally....service availability is the key....you can have a huge dollar phone but no service makes it nothing more than a brick door stop......CHECK YOU AREA !!!

Take advantage of the carriers trial period before your locked into a contract.

The air card line is discounted as well. They explained that with my plan, no I dont have an air card, the internet is discounted at the 22% rate as well for all my lines. I have a family plan and 2 lines have the internet with a discount for both lines. I hope this helps you.

I called today and talked to a third rep about this and again I got a third differant answer. I tried to get then to adjust my bill to reflect the new contract price before I paid it and the woman I talked to today says we are not supposed to get the 22% discount on air cards. It only applies to our main line. She wanted me to fax her the copy of my new contract that states the discount!

I can log into my Verizon account online and it shows up for me but she says it does not for her when she looks at my account.

Does anybody know if UPS has a number to call to get help with these discounts?

I decided to pay the bill this month and see what shows up next month as I think all these idiots looking into my account is going to screw up my discount somehow.

Just go to any Verizon store,or shopping mall kiosk and the staff will help you out.

I have been retired since April of 2008 and still get the Verizon 22% discount,because I was a former UPS employee.
This works for me,however their lowest plan is 400 minutes per month,and my wife and I never come close to using 200 minutes.
Verizon does seem over priced even with the discount.
So I have been thinking of going for the prepaid track phones when are contract runs out.

renegade313 said:

Thats true,I love Verizon. The corporate discounts cover some things but not others.

Just go to any Verizon store,or shopping mall kiosk and the staff will help you out.

I have been retired since April of 2008 and still get the Verizon 22% discount,because I was a former UPS employee.
This works for me,however their lowest plan is 400 minutes per month,and my wife and I never come close to using 200 minutes.
Verizon does seem over priced even with the discount.
So I have been thinking of going for the prepaid track phones when are contract runs out.

Verizon has a 300 minute plan, you have to request it, they do not publish it.

Straight Talk uses mainly Verizon service with the exception of the Nokia e71 that uses ATT.
Virgin Mobile uses Sprint and you can get 300 mins talk unlimited data and unlimited text for 25 bucks a month.

Don't sign that contract if you can live with a slightly less modern phone.

I called today and talked to a third rep about this and again I got a third differant answer. I tried to get then to adjust my bill to reflect the new contract price before I paid it and the woman I talked to today says we are not supposed to get the 22% discount on air cards. It only applies to our main line. She wanted me to fax her the copy of my new contract that states the discount!

I can log into my Verizon account online and it shows up for me but she says it does not for her when she looks at my account.

Does anybody know if UPS has a number to call to get help with these discounts?

I decided to pay the bill this month and see what shows up next month as I think all these idiots looking into my account is going to screw up my discount somehow.

Pure and simple that rep lied to you. My brother used to be a customer service rep her in Seattle before they closed the center and sent everything to the mid west and overseas and he told me that every discount is in on the front page of your account. Every time I go to a Verizon store they can see I work for UPS and I dont even have to ask for the discount it is giving right away. The will not adjust your bill for the current month but usually make up for it on the next bill, if you have a credit it shows up on next bill. Good luck.