FedEx Freight | Who kept the union out ?

westdriver

TB Regular
Credits
We did !!!
the drivers , the dock workers , the hostlers
every hourly employee thats done what we believed was right
This is how we get thanked !
what a bunch of ungratful *********

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but a large majority do not agree with your sentiments here. A small percentage of people have been affected compared to the larger amount who still remain. As for me? I have no use for an organization that does little to
nothing in representing their clients while profiting from then on a much grander scale. I've seen what became of trucking giants Yellow and Roadway. I'll pass thank you

Sorry, but a large majority do not agree with your sentiments here. A small percentage of people have been affected compared to the larger amount who still remain. As for me? I have no use for an organization that does little to
nothing in representing their clients while profiting from then on a much grander scale. I've seen what became of trucking giants Yellow and Roadway. I'll pass thank you

Ice you must have saw something about Yellow and Roadway that I didn't cause I saw a board of directors borrow more money than they could pay back. Hell if Fed Ex Freight borrowed that kind of money without Fed Ex Package they would be in the same boat. The trucking business doesn't generate that kind of profit to pay Billions of dollars back let alone the interest. Yellow made two major purchases in a short time both over a billion dollars each thats what hurt them.

Years ago I drove for a private co.and yes we were union. When negotiation time rolled around we voted no to the companies offer of higher insurance rates and a raise that would not even cover the increase .A few months later the company shut the doors , moved to another state and reopened (non-union). The union can Not save your job, but what they can do is take your money and laugh all the way to the bank. The government gets enough of may money, can't see throwing away any more.If I lose my job at Fedex at least I'll be leaving with the money I worked for, and know Jr. (nor the union) got a cent of it this time.I truly believe only someone who has never be in the union would vote YES.for any union to come in.

No disrespect, but I really wasn't directing my finger at thier merger. Unless my working environment changes
drastically to the sweat shops of days gone by, then I ultimately have no use for fat $ union bosses.

Must be nice to independently wealthy enough to not need the pension they would provide.
You mean the eastern pension which is insolvent or the Central pension which will soon be insolvent or the western pension which will end up footing the bill for the eastern and central. I'm not saying the Union didn't have their uses but the corruption at the management level is as bad as DC. The Union is no longer for the working man, it's for the existence of the Union. Just like the government. And yes FedEx is for the existence of FedEx. But FedEx doesn't make any claims otherwise.

If you need their pension to help you survive why would you choose a non union company to work for.The way I see it , if I take the money I would be paying for union dues every month and invest it,( with the grace of God and some luck) I can manage to fund my own retirement. And don't say if the stock market crashes I would lose it all because if that were to happen Your pension would go with it.It doesn't matter what the Federal Government insures, their farther in debt than I am. You ever hear the saying ' You can't get blood from a turnip."

Why do people depend on a company for everything? Its basically the same as depending on the government for something. We would pay less on insurance premiums if insurance companies had to compete. Also if I owned any company the size of Fed Ex I would laugh when someone wanted me to provide a pension especially when I already contribute to their 401k and pay a good chunk of their health coverage. Some people have mo clue how to depend on themselves. If you can't afford to put into your 401k or an IRA you need to reevaluate where you spend money.

the union will take your money they took mine for twenty years sent me a letter saying tough but we have no money we are insolvent and since you have not been in the union for the last ten years to bad pay em if you want but they wo't get my vote

Mr Lee McAbee your post about the Western States Pension Fund is FALSE !!
These funds which you know nothing about can not intermingle funds. They are totally separate and federal law prohibits them from doing this.
You mean the eastern pension which is insolvent or the Central pension which will soon be insolvent or the western pension which will end up footing the bill for the eastern and central. I'm not saying the Union didn't have their uses but the corruption at the management level is as bad as DC. The Union is no longer for the working man, it's for the existence of the Union. Just like the government. And yes FedEx is for the existence of FedEx. But FedEx doesn't make any claims otherwise.

Why do people depend on a company for everything? Its basically the same as depending on the government for something.<snip>Some people have no clue how to depend on themselves. If you can't afford to put into your 401k or an IRA you need to reevaluate where you spend money.

Exactly! Make yourself more valuable; learn a different trade, obtain more education, become self employed (especially those who think they could run the company that currently employees them more efficiently) or lower your expectations until they are in-line with your abilities.

i hope they keep out what the thing about drugs just say no right just say no to union it ani't gonna fix stupid never has never will hell it might get worse