FedEx Freight | Who kept the union out ?

We did !!!
the drivers , the dock workers , the hostlers
every hourly employee thats done what we believed was right
This is how we get thanked !
what a bunch of ungratful *********

Dang Y'all all missed the premise of his all about me Thread, If you read his history he is against the Onion. He is a BSE drive that was told a year and a half ago that when Hermiston opened that many drivers from BSE would have to follow the freight their because BSE would no longer be a HUB, but as rumors have spread and the HOG opening has gotten closer he began believing the rumors (started in BSE) thinking they would make his job safe ( no matter that MHM drivers would lose there jobs) and posting things like, Mountain Home will be shut down, or R.I.P. Mountain Home or Economy and PRIORITY will be combined, makes sense, so sorry Mountain Home. I am sorry guys , but I find it hard to feel sorry (Although I do)for anyone that would wish for other drivers to loose their jobs so that he can keep his. Now that the HOG Opening is upon us and what BSE was told 1 1/2 years ago is a reality he wants a Onion... I am not a company man but I sure do not know how they could have been more upfront with these guys.....:thread:..............I have Many Friends at BSE that will have to transfer or be out of work and I feel bad for all of them and I wish this would have worked out different, but I have no tolerance for a All About Me type of person.:ranting2:

Mr Lee McAbee your post about the Western States Pension Fund is FALSE !!
These funds which you know nothing about can not intermingle funds. They are totally separate and federal law prohibits them from doing this.
Well I was in the teamsters and my uncle mike still is. He's a diehard, me? not so much. I say vote it in. I live in a right to work state so it won't affect me in the least. The only reason UPSF still has a "decent" pension left is they paid 6 million or billion, I can't remember which, to leave control with UPS and the teamsters lost 50% of that in the first 3 months. That's an absolute fact. Thank god my OVNT pension is safe from the teamsters.

Must be nice to independently wealthy enough to not need the pension they would provide.

have you looked lately who is paying top rate into the pension? ABF and UPS. the only two .wait and watch. the days of the big pension are over. Great for all those in the past that got it. Good for them. wait and see what happens in New England when UPS buys out of the plan lioke they did in the central states. The union will welcome that move cause it will cover everyone for ten years or so. You watch what is up and coming for 2012. All new pension plans, 401's etc. Probably good pensions, but will be similar to comapanies like Fedex and other large corps. The days of the great pensions ,unfortuantly are long gone.

andyboy said:
have you looked lately who is paying top rate into the pension? ABF and UPS. the only two .wait and watch. the days of the big pension are over. Great for all those in the past that got it. Good for them. wait and see what happens in New England when UPS buys out of the plan lioke they did in the central states. The union will welcome that move cause it will cover everyone for ten years or so. You watch what is up and coming for 2012. All new pension plans, 401's etc. Probably good pensions, but will be similar to comapanies like Fedex and other large corps. The days of the great pensions ,unfortuantly are long gone.

Great post,there is no way there is enough money to support these funds.

I wish FedEx would get rid of the pension plan and match more of our 401k. Mine has made money everyday since I started it 3 years ago. Running about 4% right now but has been as high as 10% but never lower than 3.5%

No disrespect, but I really wasn't directing my finger at thier merger. Unless my working environment changes
drastically to the sweat shops of days gone by, then I ultimately have no use for fat $ union bosses.
No disrespect, But I know what you are saying. You are insinuating that the union caused Yellow and Roadway's problems and that is wrong. I am not trying to get the union at FedEx. I am happy here but don't like it when people try to blame a companies trouble on the union when the company did it to themselves.

have you looked lately who is paying top rate into the pension? ABF and UPS.

UPS is no longer in the multi-employer pension...Saw the writing on the wall and cut a deal to get out back in 07'...Paid $6.1 BILLION to get out...Now all that money is gone and ABF is left holding the bag...

The only reason they want us in the union is their own survival not because it would benefit us...

leemcabee said:
I wish FedEx would get rid of the pension plan and match more of our 401k. Mine has made money everyday since I started it 3 years ago. Running about 4% right now but has been as high as 10% but never lower than 3.5%

I dont know how long you have been here but they used to contribute a discretionary 2.5 % to the 401k and then did away with that and brought the pension on. Im with you,my 401k has had as high a rate of return as 11-18%!

Why does everybody always assume "Teamsters". There is no rule that says if you organize you have to be Teamsters.

FDV said:
Why does everybody always assume "Teamsters". There is no rule that says if you organize you have to be Teamsters.

Great point,the city employees in my town are actually represented by the Steelworkers.

have you looked lately who is paying top rate into the pension? ABF and UPS.

UPS???? You say to "watch what happens next" and you don't even know UPS is not in the teamsters pension fund. Only one of the biggest events in the ltl industry in the last 10 years. I love how people that have never worked for a NMFA company seem to know everything about it. Stop pontificating about stuff you have no clue about.

Why is it when there is any changes, the first thing that they come up with is (bring on the union). When yellow and roadway did there big merger, how many guys lost there jobs immediately, and how many guys moved to other terminals to keep there job only to lose it with the next COO or concession pkg. I think they needed a union in there to stop all that crap, oh wait, they are union??? Every company out there is using purchase trans. It's business, you're not going to stop it and neither would a union?

That was only in the Central States Fund
UPS is no longer in the multi-employer pension...Saw the writing on the wall and cut a deal to get out back in 07'...Paid $6.1 BILLION to get out...Now all that money is gone and ABF is left holding the bag...

The only reason they want us in the union is their own survival not because it would benefit us...

what is all the hoopla about unions? if you look at UPS they make more money than us , have better benefits , drive better equipment than us. people on here are complaining about unions? looks like they are doing pretty darn good with one.

what is all the hoopla about unions? if you look at UPS they make more money than us , have better benefits , drive better equipment than us. people on here are complaining about unions? looks like they are doing pretty darn good with one.

Let's compare apples to apples. UPSF is our equal...well operationally anyway. Their equipment make our red racers look like Cadillacs.

Guardrail

leemcabee said:

I actually like the way it is. But depending on the amount they would increase the contribution I might go along. My 401k has hit 18% since I let Vanguard manage it. I've been wanting to start an IRA because they typically do better than 401k. Also if I'm able to retire from here I should have a good pension considering I started her when I was 21 so should have 30-40 years. That's a scary thought to have that many years to put in.

FLOUNDER said:

Where do they drive better equipment? All the ones I've seen ate million mile Mack's with iron ride. Only truck I had that had leaf springs was my city smurf for two years. Yea ups goes faster but not as nice of equipment.