ODFL | Who owns ODFL?

DayliteDean

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Many of you would say the Congdon family and a few years ago you would have been right, not so much these days. David Congdon owns 10.55% of of the company making him the largest individual investor.
74% of the company is now owned by institutional investors the largest of these being;
The Vanguard Group with a 9.45% stake in OD
T Rowe Price at a 7.65 stake in the company
Capital Research & Management with 6.77%
Blackrock Fund Advisors at 5.49%
These are all the share holders with a 5% stake in ODFL, there's dozens of other mutual funds and pension funds that have smaller holdings of of OD stocks, one thing I was relieved to see was no significant holdings by hedge funds or Vulture, er...venture capitalists types that have destroyed so many American businesses. If it seems to you that OD has kind of lost it's family atmosphere the past few years you might have found the reason why.

Many of you would say the Congdon family and a few years ago you would have been right, not so much these days. David Congdon owns 10.55% of of the company making him the largest individual investor.
74% of the company is now owned by institutional investors the largest of these being;
These are all the share holders with a 5% stake in ODFL, there's dozens of other mutual funds and pension funds that have smaller holdings of of OD stocks, one thing I was relieved to see was no significant holdings by hedge funds or Vulture, er...venture capitalists types that have destroyed so many American businesses. If it seems to you that OD has kind of lost it's family atmosphere the past few years you might have found the reason why.
What exactly is a "family atmosphere" when we are talking about a company? I've been at OD for 10 years, very little has changed.

And all this time I thought Billy was the major stockholder, surprise, surprise!

It's a corporation, if you aren't a blood relative you aren't part of the family and should expect no "family treatment", no matter how big or small the company. Getting annoying hearing drivers cry about "family atmosphere". This is business, get over it.

It's a corporation, if you aren't a blood relative you aren't part of the family and should expect no "family treatment", no matter how big or small the company. Getting annoying hearing drivers cry about "family atmosphere". This is business, get over it.
They still try to sell it...