ODFL | Who owns ODFL?

Google any big company "who is the largest shareholder" and Blackrock and Vanguard will be in the top 3 or 4.
example walmart WMT - Walmart Inc Shareholders - CNNMoney.com
Not exactly true. They both own shares on behalf of investors who are the actual beneficial owners of the shares..

As far as David Bates leaving . what is the reason , salty he did not get the big chair or xpo has been after him for a while. It really does not matter , The question is with the changes at the top with OD , do they change directions in growth or culture.
Time will tell.I just hope this doesn't become a Crap Show.. Sounds to me there has been some unrest in upper management since the announcement of Freeman taking over."Feeling's Hurt"🤕

If you look at most but not all major family owned corporations, what happens when it hits the third generation of the family the corporation is either sold off or there are major changes or infighting that change the original vision and way of doing business.
We’re seeing it happening here with a once major dairy, restaurant, bakery and others.

Please realize that I don’t wish or hope that this is happening at OD. I put in my last almost 18 years there and found out that it’s been the best LTL company or company as a whole to work for.

I really wish you and I mean everyone the very best. I want to see the continued success for you and the company.

As far as David Bates leaving . what is the reason , salty he did not get the big chair or xpo has been after him for a while. It really does not matter , The question is with the changes at the top with OD , do they change directions in growth or culture.
Many believe that’s the reason,, xpo come along offer a biggie amount of money and he be gone

Only driver good after u left driver
Talked to a couple of drivers a couple of weeks ago. Line drivers quitting and another let go. The quitter’s thought that it was to hard and I can’t understand why a driver did what he did to be let go. Oh well.

Only driver good after u left driver
Thanks for the compliment. I just came in and did my job and went home. During the bids I pissed off a couple of drivers who thought they owned the run. Hahaha. Buy a big ass 3500 pickup and I was like a eagle circling to go in for the kill. You can’t afford those huge payments on a 8 hour run. You know me Billy I always took the high mileage to save for retirement. Actually it only happened twice and one guy was let go soon after the bid. The other I did a bogo. Upset 2 at once.

Not exactly true. They both own shares on behalf of investors who are the actual beneficial owners of the shares..

I thought Black Rock owned O.D.

Yes , you are right , but I was pointing out that these two investment companies , Blackrock and Vanguard own up to 10% of every major company. With that must ownership of stock in a company they ,the investment company , can steer the company to do things that they would not normally do or put people on the board of directors that can do that for them. In my opinion this is not always in the best interest of the company or the shareholders.

Thanks for the compliment. I just came in and did my job and went home. During the bids I pissed off a couple of drivers who thought they owned the run. Hahaha. Buy a big ass 3500 pickup and I was like an eagle circling to go in for the kill. You can’t afford those huge payments on a 8 hour run. You know me Billy I always took the high mileage to save for retirement. Actually it only happened twice and one guy was let go soon after the bid. The other I did a bogo. Upset 2 at once.
The heck line drivers doing over there to be let go?? Can’t get rid of our dead weight for nothin here

Maybe he was jerking around on his cell phone. Oops. Of course the yard cameras caught the festivities. Plus the whatever outwards facing camera caught. I guess you can’t **** in the gear pile no more. Back when I used still there they caught a guy doing that.

Remember the old OLY yard. I guess they didn’t have cameras when I went Muhammad Ali with a new PDX driver in my way on the old PDX-SEA-OLY run I used to have. I still got called in. Remember the line manager that got let go a number of years ago. I had a closed door meeting because I smacked him so hard on his back that it took his breath away. Hahaha, he almost went on the floor. Never got a letter. Just verbals. Oh, at the 82nd terminal I ripped a guy off of a forklift. He loaded my city trailer backwards. He was from Priority when we bought them out. They eventually let him go. I never knew if management was scared of me or just respected me. Hahaha.

I guess I still had the old union old school mentality in me. Those were the days.

One of our LH supervisors was talking about the Bates thing. I'm not fully aware of who all the executives are. But he said it seemed sudden. I'm not sure where he saw it but I'm sure the information is out there . He was talking about stock and bonuses. Severance packages and how much these guys make. As well as Golden Parachute arrangements. It's not surprising yet kind if mind boggling how much there guys can make.

One of our LH supervisors was talking about the Bates thing. I'm not fully aware of who all the executives are. But he said it seemed sudden. I'm not sure where he saw it but I'm sure the information is out there . He was talking about stock and bonuses. Severance packages and how much these guys make. As well as Golden Parachute arrangements. It's not surprising yet kind if mind boggling how much there guys can make.
Truth is all executives, CEOs board members whatever they make ::shit:: load of money. Millions a year.if not millions than hundreds of thousands. I'm surprised a guy with 27 years here sells his soul and goes to competition. They had to **** him very very very much.

Truth is all executives, CEOs board members whatever they make **** load of money. Millions a year.if not millions than hundreds of thousands. I'm surprised a guy with 27 years here sells his soul and goes to competition. They had to **** him very very very much.
Such as not give him the CEO chair

Someone dumped a lot of shares this week .... From $355 to $304 and it's only Wednesday.

We missed earnings by pennies $2.58 vs expected $2.70 which is -4.55

Someone dumped a lot of shares this week .... From $355 to $304 and it's only Wednesday.

We missed earnings by pennies $2.58 vs expected $2.70 which is -4.55
And missing expected earnings is a big deal to the large investment firms. They expect certain numbers because of how their money is leveraged

Truth is all executives, CEOs board members whatever they make ::::shit:::: load of money. Millions a year.if not millions than hundreds of thousands. I'm surprised a guy with 27 years here sells his soul and goes to competition. They had to **** him very very very much.
Money and position matters, If someone has always had career ambitions for a CEO gig and have devoted an entire career obtaining that goal, being offered that position at a competitor of like size might prove to be irresistible. It's not always about greed, and loyalty to a corporation(and vice-versa) is a an outmoded concept.