Yellow | Who won the debate

Who do you think "won"?
Gonna be interesting to hear some views.
I didn't watch.
I work afternoons.
Didn't even know they were having one. I should have known. I read the paper everyday. But skip over the politics. SOS when it comes to that.
:couch:

Who do you think "won"?
Gonna be interesting to hear some views.
I didn't watch.
I work afternoons.
Didn't even know they were having one. I should have known. I read the paper everyday. But skip over the politics. SOS when it comes to that.
:couch:
Well,Hall reflected on his and Jimmies record.Zuckerman sometimes stumbled with his facts and his insistence on our core industries.I think both missed the mark.Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.

Well,Hall reflected on his and Jimmies record.Zuckerman sometimes stumbled with his facts and his insistence on our core industries.I think both missed the mark.Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.

There is nothing they can say about either topic because there is nothing that they can do about either topic. The ship is sinking and they hope that the passengers will not notice that there is not enough lifeboats for everyone.

There is nothing they can say about either topic because there is nothing that they can do about either topic. The ship is sinking and they hope that the passengers will not notice that there is not enough lifeboats for everyone.
And why is that? Why didn't Zuckerman ask about the UPSF/Overnite stand along contract? It was Hall that negotiated a separate contract instead of putting the Overnite workers in the NMFA like they had wanted. UPSF in the NMFA would have meant more lifeboats. UPSF in our MEPFs would have helped save our pensions. Since Hall gave UPSF that sweetheart contract FEDEX or any other company organized will demand the same deal. The NMFA & our MEPFs were thrown under the bus by Hoffa and Hall to get an easy organizing victory. Why didn't Zuckerman bring that up at the debate?

Since Hall gave UPSF that sweetheart contract FEDEX or any other company organized will demand the same deal.
Maybe Zuckerman is just as corrupt as Hall/Hoffa. There are a lot of maybe's but one thing that can be taken to the bank is the attitude of the senior union management to the peons like us.:fingure:That's the lesson to be taken away from the debate.

And why is that? Why didn't Zuckerman ask about the UPSF/Overnite stand along contract? It was Hall that negotiated a separate contract instead of putting the Overnite workers in the NMFA like they had wanted. UPSF in the NMFA would have meant more lifeboats. UPSF in our MEPFs would have helped save our pensions. Since Hall gave UPSF that sweetheart contract FEDEX or any other company organized will demand the same deal. The NMFA & our MEPFs were thrown under the bus by Hoffa and Hall to get an easy organizing victory. Why didn't Zuckerman bring that up at the debate?
Any ltl that possibly would get organized, now, or in the near future will never agree to join the NMFA, or CSPF for that matter. If you read the teamster magazine that just arrived, the Hoffa camp claims they have fedex at the negotiating table. It took 5 years to get a yes vote at a few of their terminals, and it may take longer than that to get them a contract. They go on to say about the thousands of public sector workers, and 40,000 bus drivers organized. I would bet most people on these boards will be retired, before you ever see xpo, or fedex organized, if at all. The union, in my opinion, has already known for sometime that organizing in the freight industry is a much harder sell to the employees in it, than other lines of work like police, nursing,public employees.I do not believe you will ever see another NMFA contract after 2019. Yrc and ABF will negotiate their separate ways and move on.

Any ltl that possibly would get organized, now, or in the near future will never agree to join the NMFA, or CSPF for that matter. If you read the teamster magazine that just arrived, the Hoffa camp claims they have fedex at the negotiating table. It took 5 years to get a yes vote at a few of their terminals, and it may take longer than that to get them a contract. They go on to say about the thousands of public sector workers, and 40,000 bus drivers organized. I would bet most people on these boards will be retired, before you ever see xpo, or fedex organized, if at all. The union, in my opinion, has already known for sometime that organizing in the freight industry is a much harder sell to the employees in it, than other lines of work like police, nursing,public employees.I do not believe you will ever see another NMFA contract after 2019. Yrc and ABF will negotiate their separate ways and move on.
Agree , YRC & ABF are the last dinosaurs of union trucking , and really look at the facts of what union pay scale & pension's have gone down lower than non-union pay scale & pension's . bottom line is if you want somebody to join the union, you need to sweeten the pay scale & switch pension to a matching 401-K !! and Hoffa need's retire with the full pension he has coming !!

Agree , YRC & ABF are the last dinosaurs of union trucking , and really look at the facts of what union pay scale & pension's have gone down lower than non-union pay scale & pension's . bottom line is if you want somebody to join the union, you need to sweeten the pay scale & switch pension to a matching 401-K !! and Hoffa need's retire with the full pension he has coming !!
We are. And we are almost extinct. Soon we will be. Then they can do what they want.
I will be happy to be gone and not go through it.
All the new species will have phones embedded in their hands!

Hoffa could retire right now, without his teamster pension, and still live way above any of us.

Of course they won't join the NMFA because Hoffa destroyed it with the UPSF/Overnite contract. But that's not what he promised 17 years ago. Restore the power that's what he said. For years the pre contract questionaires listed the protecting of our pensions as a major issue. Hoffa knew that the UPSF contract was the end of the NMFA and would weaken our MEPFs.

Really,Well buddy,not while I am on this ship,and definitely not on the voyage.We may throw a few overboard during the sailing ,but mutanty Wil not be tolerated.All hands on deck.

No body really won, they both looked like a couple junior high kids arguing about what the other one said or did. Really not much substance to either one. Reminds me of another Presidential race. I thought Zukerman did not prepare very well.

Get a life.

Get a life.
Thank you, but I have one.
Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.
Roadboss #5,
Roadboss, Crystal#8, and Flatop#18, didn't see or hear anything that would suggest to them that someone has a plan. Forget recruiting new people, the gorilla in the room is the pension problem. Of the 18 comments posted so far, not one has suggested that they saw or heard anything remotely resembling a plan to solve the pension problem and these are the only two groups that are running. It's going to be one or the other and Roadboss hit the nail on the head.
Our most important issues are saving our pensions,and bringing in new members.They talked about who said what and when.I don't care about who said what,Tell me what you can and will do for us if elected.
If I understand the debate schedule correctly, this was the only scheduled debate. The only time that one team or the other had a national audience to lay out their plans and what did they layout, nothing, nada, zilch. With roughly 6 weeks until the ballot count, neither side has a plan or chose to share one. They are kicking the can down the road.
I posted at #7,There is nothing they can say about either topic because there is nothing that they can do about either topic. The ship is sinking and they hope that the passengers will not notice that there is not enough lifeboats for everyone.
Roadboss and WTF didn't like this comment, but neither posted that it was wrong either. If I'm wrong, show me.