Yellow | whos got our back

DS,

It amazes me, how, many people will post drivel without researching and getting the facts.
They heard from a friend, who heard from a friend, who heard from a friend.
Then just post what they want to stir up the pot for no discernable reason. :chairshot:
Hey Animo.........the biggest thing is the unknown. Times like these where COO's are coming down one after another and guys have uprooted their lives to follow freight just to watch it change again.

Most of the guys that came to 671 will tell you that between the climate, seniority and earning opportunity, it would be hard to give that up, and most wont. It's the 30 some still laid off plus the 26 more from the new COO that will have to make the big decision. Move or wait it out. DS.

make sure you know how expensive the area is before you live in it, i checked maybrook ny and it ain't too cheap if most people that live there go to nyc for work down 87 south, same goes to other terminals around the country like dallas or houston or whatever is by a big city, watch your backs cause this company don't care where you live and how much your cost of living is in that area, next transfer might be to hawaii or seattle or san fran where it's really $$$ to live

transfer

Hey Animo.........the biggest thing is the unknown. Times like these where COO's are coming down one after another and guys have uprooted their lives to follow freight just to watch it change again.

Most of the guys that came to 671 will tell you that between the climate, seniority and earning opportunity, it would be hard to give that up, and most wont. It's the 30 some still laid off plus the 26 more from the new COO that will have to make the big decision. Move or wait it out. DS.

hey ds....you know I am one of those who came from previous changes to 671.....and for the average guy who does w/ his family....you only want to do it once..... there is so much else involved, besides moving to a new location, there is the out of pocket expense that the co. doesn't cover....settling kids into new schools and new environment, saying good bye to all your family and friends, house hunting and selling your old home ect. ect. ect....:shock:

regular342!

I'm prettty sure you guys should be filing over this. According to teamsters.org it says the following:

"In the event a company recalls all workers on layoff and first works
casuals employed prior to April 1, 2008, it may ultimately utilize
some four-hour, $14 per hour dock casuals. In all likelihood, the
four-hour casual will not be used until the competitiveness of the
NMFA carriers improves. In addition, four-hour casuals are eligible
for all benefit contributions according to the applicable supplemental
agreement."

Where did you find this at (article # )??

Could not find this anywhere as you wrote,
Our Local Pres. said all they have to do is offer the work to laid-off regulars and pref.
casuals first..... Help us out.

that is why guys should never take a full layoff if you take partial layoff the company has to call you first before any casual. then when they call you go to work and screw their eyes out then they need to call more. it is on big mean cycle but as my retired teamster father told me learn the rules and learn the games. if you know the rules you can always beat them at the game. just stay with in the rules.