Yellow | whos got our back

OK, not trying to sound like an /// here. But this is what I see.
UE-unloads and loads his own trailer. Plain and simple. There will be no more straight dock, except 4 hour casuals. The writing was on the wall with the contract proposal. But noone wanted to accept it.
IF there's another contract, MOST, if not all, employees will be UE.
I don't give a flying %#@$ if they told you this or sent a memorandum that said that. Their plan is obvious. Just open your eyes.
There might be a few road men left if there's another contract. But all dock and most/all road men will be no more.:nutkick:

From what I have heard at my meetings, 4 hour casuals cannot be used until all laid off dock is recalled. As for roadmen, there are still bed runs that aren't going to change. The 10 and 11 hour runs aren't going to become a series of short hops with hooks and drops along the way. That would be counter productive. Roadmen are still not going to touch freight or do any kind of P & D during their runs.

Let's wake up and smell the coffee. These changes are a pain in the a$$ for a lot of people. But the negativity is just going to drag all of us down. Whether right or wrong, it's gonna happen and we need to make the most of it. If these changes for YRC don't produce, we will all be out of jobs and can kiss our pensions good bye, because there won't be anything left except non union carriers.

looks like we are all finished .WILL THE REAL TEAMSTERS PLEASE STAND UP :hide: should we all just hand in our union cards and hang up our skirts now since there seems to be no more fight left in any1. i give up .every1 run out get a cdl bump every1 behind us out of work and some of us can work for a while. why worry about the future or a pension .seems like all the good ol teamsters are dead already anyways:chairshot:

Serious questions for you guys. Do you have anything better to do than sit around on a message board whining, crying, and being paranoid about everything that goes on within our company? What does bi*ching about everything accomplish? Nothing.

Do you guys really go through life worrying about everything? I sure as hell don't. This contract was voted in and now we have to deal with it. Do what you have to do to keep your job or go find another one.

If some day I show up and the doors are closed or my job is gone unless I transfer then I'll deal with it at that time. I'm not going to sit around and have some pitty party about how the world is coming to an end and how some 4hr part-time casual is going to be the end of our jobs. With all do repect to you folks you're quite pathetic.

I had a job before Roadway and I'll have a job after if need be. Carry on with your paranoia.....

in the 1st place i think some of you need a few lessons on whats is about to be a teamster in the 2nd point is it paranoid when you call the b/a at a terminal that is a gaining 1 and the 40 dock workers have to be cdl qualified and the b/a tells you that all the dock work will be done by 4 hour casuals .oh yeah seems to me you are here posting on this board same as every1 else is so i think you could be managment,some1 who has way too much money that you dont have to worry about getting stiffed on your retirement or 1 of many that could and should retire and leave a good job for the younger guys

in the 1st place i think some of you need a few lessons on whats is about to be a teamster in the 2nd point is it paranoid when you call the b/a at a terminal that is a gaining 1 and the 40 dock workers have to be cdl qualified and the b/a tells you that all the dock work will be done by 4 hour casuals .oh yeah seems to me you are here posting on this board same as every1 else is so i think you could be managment,some1 who has way too much money that you dont have to worry about getting stiffed on your retirement or 1 of many that could and should retire and leave a good job for the younger guys

You're 51 years old, according to your profile.
So should we be expecting you to retire to leave a good job for a younger guy? By the way, I'd love to have a lesson on what it's like to be a true Teamster.....when does class start? :hysterical::hysterical:

Like Amino said, when will you be teaching us how to be Teamsters? I'm guessing based on your posts that you will be teaching us that we must go through life angry at everyone and that the company is always trying to f you over and that nothing good can come from anything, bla, bla, bla.

We all work for a trucking company is it asking too much to ask that we all be licensed to drive a truck? I had to get my cdl before I could be hired and it's no big deal. Now, you can have a cdl , but if you can't pass a physical to get your medical examiners card then you cannot legally drive per the DOT. So, no one can force you to take a driving job.

I'm also going to assume that since you think I'm management and have too much money that I don't need to worry about my pension that you think this about everyone who dissagrees with your paranoid posts? You are right about one thing. I'm not worried about my pension. I'm 30yrs old and have at a minimum a little over 18 yrs to go.

I'm not counting on my pension, so I'm doing other things with my money instead of relying on Central States to help me out. If it's there when I retire then it's a bonus if it's not then I'll be ok because I planned ahead.

All This Coming From Guys That Probably Started On The Dock But Said Hmmmmm Let Me Go Sit On My /// And Do Nothing Because Im Too Lazy To Work Hard For A Living Or Is It You Are Just To Good To Do Real Work

All This Coming From Guys That Probably Started On The Dock But Said Hmmmmm Let Me Go Sit On My /// And Do Nothing Because Im Too Lazy To Work Hard For A Living Or Is It You Are Just To Good To Do Real Work

Wow, you sure are a piece of work. First I dissagree with your ramblings and you call me management. Now you are calling us lazy. Not sure exactly what that is referring to, but maybe you should take your own advice about being a Teamster. Or we may be referring to you as banned.

I work the dock at 342. Could you explain to me what part of my job as a dock worker involves sitting around doing nothing? I won't get into a pissing match with you, but if all you want to do is come here to start problems with people then I suggest you find a new place to call home.

Longblade,
just for the record, I am the same age as you. Prior to enterning LTL, I worked for a small grocery warehouse. That job, entailed pulling a u-boat through the warehouse, picking the orders, loading the truck, then going out to deliver the groceries. 700 - 900 cases of groceries per day, all floor loaded, then had to be unloaded by hand and stacked on handtrucks and humped into the stores. Mind you, this is NY City, I'm not talking mega supermarkets, I'm talking tight, crowded little bodegas. When I broke into LTL, by nature of my lack of seniority, I was forced (for 2 years) to work nights running a shuttle.....(same as linehaul, but on the clock and do all my own d&h's). Once I had enough seniority, I went onto peddle runs and have been doing that for the last 18 years. I empty and fill my truck every day. Much of my freight has to be broken down off the skids and there are many inside deliveries and residentials on my run. I usually max out my hours or come close each week. I guess none of this is hard work in your eyes?

You have a tag under your name that says dock jockey. I guess you must be too scared to get out on the streets like a real man, and deal with all the cluster////s and knuckleheads on a daily basis. Regular342 is a dockworker like yourself. Where is his job any easier than yours? Before you start to criticize others, maybe you should try walking a mile in their shoes.

Hell, you couldn't even fill my shoes!:loser:

By the way, I'm still waiting for class to start:duh:

message to longblades

hey longblades, YOU need to think long and hard about what you post on these boards..... remember YOU ARE ONE OF US....like or leave it, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we've all paid our dues to be where we are.....it's only the END if YOU want it to be.....g-man:hide::1036316054:

4 hour casuals

From what I have heard at my meetings, 4 hour casuals cannot be used until all laid off dock is recalled. As for roadmen, there are still bed runs that aren't going to change. The 10 and 11 hour runs aren't going to become a series of short hops with hooks and drops along the way. That would be counter productive. Roadmen are still not going to touch freight or do any kind of P & D during their runs.

Let's wake up and smell the coffee. These changes are a pain in the a$$ for a lot of people. But the negativity is just going to drag all of us down. Whether right or wrong, it's gonna happen and we need to make the most of it. If these changes for YRC don't produce, we will all be out of jobs and can kiss our pensions good bye, because there won't be anything left except non union carriers.

Laid -off men do not have to be recalled........We here at 681 still have 8 Dockmen on lay-off and are using 4 hour
casual that started Thursday...... All they have to do is offer the work to men on lay-off

Laid -off men do not have to be recalled........We here at 681 still have 8 Dockmen on lay-off and are using 4 hour
casual that started Thursday...... All they have to do is offer the work to men on lay-off

I'm prettty sure you guys should be filing over this. According to teamsters.org it says the following:

"In the event a company recalls all workers on layoff and first works
casuals employed prior to April 1, 2008, it may ultimately utilize
some four-hour, $14 per hour dock casuals. In all likelihood, the
four-hour casual will not be used until the competitiveness of the
NMFA carriers improves. In addition, four-hour casuals are eligible
for all benefit contributions according to the applicable supplemental
agreement."

I'm prettty sure you guys should be filing over this. According to teamsters.org it says the following:

"In the event a company recalls all workers on layoff and first works
casuals employed prior to April 1, 2008, it may ultimately utilize
some four-hour, $14 per hour dock casuals. In all likelihood, the
four-hour casual will not be used until the competitiveness of the
NMFA carriers improves. In addition, four-hour casuals are eligible
for all benefit contributions according to the applicable supplemental
agreement."

The contract doesn't say nobody laid off, it says working or set up to work that day. Hope I'm wrong but I don't put much faith in all the spin coming from the union. Like a former union leader of mine said " I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night."

ok guy ok i give up . im a straight dock worker never been in a roadway truck .pretty sure i can never be because of med.reasons. at least 1 thing is for sure .glad every1 here is getting pi$$ed over something even if its me . g-men hmmmmm seems you have changed your opinion of this coo and stopped worrying about your future since you were the 1st to bring all this up at work and havent taken a breath since day 1 about it . alls i know is a few years ago we were all standing on that picket line together as 1 now its like the dock side just doesnt count ,well for us that do care and thaught after the 500 mile move 2 years ago we could see the light at the end of the tunnel .roadway seems to be kicking that door closed . i was looking for like minded people to help fight these changes and get in front of this with our locals but seems if we dont fight we are defeated. guess i better hurry and get my application in at wally-world before the lines tooo long

Well if any of you haven't learned yet if the IBT or the company says it going to work like they say, I have ocean front property in death valley to sell you.People the company has been trying to break down work classes for over 30 yrs.but most of you just left them do it because you are meesters.You just didn't want to see into the future and see what breaking down the rules would happen.Now with this change we are the same as con-way people.If this go thought we will ALL be driving,hooking working the dock and P/d.all buy the HOUR.No more high dollar road runs anymore.Those that voted for this contract all they could see was missing a days work if we went on strike. :boohoo:It's really sad if a person can't afford to miss a days work.Just think now how much money -or maybe your job you will lose now with this change Dollar bill will make 10million next year because of all the money he is taking from you meesters.:butt kiss:The only back watching most of you do is to see if someone in front of you screws up so you can move up one spot.:Bondage:This is what we will become.

DS,

It amazes me, how, many people will post drivel without researching and getting the facts.
They heard from a friend, who heard from a friend, who heard from a friend.
Then just post what they want to stir up the pot for no discernable reason. :chairshot: