Central Transport | Why all the hate towards CT?

mothergoose

TB Lurker
Credits
I am new here. I found these forums after hearing the announcement and searching the internet for more information. I am one of the ousted Vitran employees who was sent packing. After spending literally hours "catching up" on the goings and comings, talking to contacts at both companies, and so on, I am lost at all the hate being thrown towards Central.

Keylon sealed Vitran's fate, a fate which was helped along and put in motion by Gaetz. These are the people who orchestrated your downfall. You have a chance now, maybe not a great chance, but a chance. Everyone, and I mean everyone I have talked to on both sides are saying the same thing "They will both stay in business and operate independently.....for now" Instead of being thankful for that or at least focusing your anger towards Keylon and Gaetz where it should be, you complain about the bad pay at Central. You complain about the bad insurance at Central. You criticize and put down the Morouns. Would you rather still be under Keylon and at Vitran running status quo? If you would then you are a fool because there was no future at all. The company was gutted. There was nothing left. They came in, they destroyed it, and they are collectively walking away with millions. Instead of hoping this doesn't change or that doesn't change, hope one day down the road, Keylon works for you. Hope he is a neighbor and hires you to do some work. Hope that some way some how you get to give him a little personal karma.

Don't hate central for getting you away from Keylon. Hate Keylon for putting you in the position to be sold to central.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate CT and I'm grateful to at least have a fighting chance. Before we were doomed in a matter of weeks. But I am in the minority. I understand what your saying and I read it completely. But let me give you some advice about posting threads. Keep them short because most won't read them if they are too long...FYI....I will give this man the benefit of the doubt until he shows me his intentions are negative in nature. Then I will simply move on.

I do not think we hate CT or the Morouns. I think what the problem may be is that we still have no clue as to what our future will be. Now that Matty bought us and we have heard of some of his past practices, so we are fearful of showing up for work and finding the gates locked. Granted the deal is not done and should give Matty a chance. We fear the unknown.

Understood Agitator. I have just read a lot of posts putting him and his company down. I mean your fate was signed sealed and delivered with keylon. No ifs ands or buts.....you were being closed down. Now, who knows. Maybe the same. Only time will tell. Posters on here give off the impression they would be better off not being bought and just being left to go down the keylon express to nonexistence. You all have a chance, may be slim, but there is a chance. Maroun may not be a savior but he's not the devil keylon and gaetz are either.

Being concise was never my strong point runaway train, I will work on that. I know I tend to ramble, especially after a couple IPA's.

Honestly the Trucking Co owned by Wall Street are no more or less dishonest than Matty Moroun. If you read the CCX or FedEx boards they are getting hosed too. But Matty takes it to a whole new level.

I worked at Central on the Heavy Haul Board in Michigan in 1984. Matty worked a deal with the Teamsters to switch us all over to working through temp agencies, then he just fired all the temp agencies, and we were all laid off. That's how Matty got rid of the Teamsters at Central.

Ill tell you why they are not liked. Friday the 28th, LAST FRIDAY,, the local Central driver was dispatched and told to pickup all Central and Vitran freight. And he did. The customer was PISSED off. Called my terminal and told our dispatcher not to send Central to pickup Vitran's freight which obviously he did not do. Also I have lots of friends at Central that tell me all the latest news and info. Not one Central drivers is happy. Central drivers are treated like numbers. Maroun doesn't give a sh_t about the drivers. I could go on but its too much typing and i'm bored with it already...

Ill tell you why they are not liked. Friday the 28th, LAST FRIDAY,, the local Central driver was dispatched and told to pickup all Central and Vitran freight. And he did. The customer was PISSED off. Called my terminal and told our dispatcher not to send Central to pickup Vitran's freight which obviously he did not do. Also I have lots of friends at Central that tell me all the latest news and info. Not one Central drivers is happy. Central drivers are treated like numbers. Maroun doesn't give a sh_t about the drivers. I could go on but its too much typing and i'm bored with it already...

And that's worse than no job or what keylon has done to thousands of families, drivers and non-drivers???

I will throw in the towel and step back into cyberspace now. "Maroun treats drivers like *****" - OK. Do their paychecks cash? Who would be paying you if Keylon and Vitran were still ****** this company? Your state unemployment office is who.

Versus the alternative, maroun and central don't seem so bad at this point from the outside looking in.

I will throw in the towel and step back into cyberspace now. "Maroun treats drivers like *****" - OK. Do their paychecks cash? Who would be paying you if Keylon and Vitran were still ****** this company? Your state unemployment office is who.

Versus the alternative, maroun and central don't seem so bad at this point from the outside looking in.
Don't concern yourself with the negative and stay positive. You can never win. Be thankful for what you have and move on. The only way to win that battle is not to play.

this will be another step backwards for the drivers and we're sick and tired of it. we know of mannys tactics and they won't change. if we stay open as vitran or move to c.t. there will be a severe cut, so it's starting over again. vitran closing the doors or manny buying the company is about the same thing.

I am new here. I found these forums after hearing the announcement and searching the internet for more information. I am one of the ousted Vitran employees who was sent packing. After spending literally hours "catching up" on the goings and comings, talking to contacts at both companies, and so on, I am lost at all the hate being thrown towards Central.

Keylon sealed Vitran's fate, a fate which was helped along and put in motion by Gaetz. These are the people who orchestrated your downfall. You have a chance now, maybe not a great chance, but a chance. Everyone, and I mean everyone I have talked to on both sides are saying the same thing "They will both stay in business and operate independently.....for now" Instead of being thankful for that or at least focusing your anger towards Keylon and Gaetz where it should be, you complain about the bad pay at Central. You complain about the bad insurance at Central. You criticize and put down the Morouns. Would you rather still be under Keylon and at Vitran running status quo? If you would then you are a fool because there was no future at all. The company was gutted. There was nothing left. They came in, they destroyed it, and they are collectively walking away with millions. Instead of hoping this doesn't change or that doesn't change, hope one day down the road, Keylon works for you. Hope he is a neighbor and hires you to do some work. Hope that some way some how you get to give him a little personal karma.

Don't hate central for getting you away from Keylon. Hate Keylon for putting you in the position to be sold to central.
no hate just distrust

Not trying to battle seriously guys, I'm just really ticked off being lied too. Now being overworked and getting same horrible pay, and hearing new drivers are starting higher than what I make just puts me in a great mood. Guess if you have a perfect life outside of work then this crap wont bother you but for the majority of us, including myself work is my escape from home life. lol... I just really feel abused, mistreated, forgotten, and waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy under appreciated...
Can someone please pass the cheese to go with my wine???
:Emoticon_digging:

Not trying to battle seriously guys, I'm just really ticked off being lied too. Now being overworked and getting same horrible pay, and hearing new drivers are starting higher than what I make just puts me in a great mood. Guess if you have a perfect life outside of work then this crap wont bother you but for the majority of us, including myself work is my escape from home life. lol... I just really feel abused, mistreated, forgotten, and waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy under appreciated...
Can someone please pass the cheese to go with my wine???
:Emoticon_digging:
All my past frustrations were actually the building blocks for the understandings that have created the positive thinking I now have. My failures have built a new foundation at least for me. It has taught me not to make the same mistakes. Anyone can make mistakes but only an idiot continues to make the same ones over and over. Success seems largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. And I'm not talking about just this job. I'm talking about life in general. Being negative never makes things better. It only guarantees failure. Being positive makes things possible.....NOT EASY. Sometimes when you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.

All my past frustrations were actually the building blocks for the understandings that have created the positive thinking I now have. My failures have built a new foundation at least for me. It has taught me not to make the same mistakes. Anyone can make mistakes but only an idiot continues to make the same ones over and over. Success seems largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. And I'm not talking about just this job. I'm talking about life in general. Being negative never makes things better. It only guarantees failure. Being positive makes things possible.....NOT EASY. Sometimes when you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.

Thanks for the healthy perspective Train, we have our own Socrates right here on T Boards.

I hate to say it, but after reading these threads, a bunch of you Vitran guys are serious whiners.

Your company got bought right before it failed and locked the doors. As of right now, you still have jobs, and the paychecks are cashing. How long do you think that would have lasted?

I've been with CT for several years. Your expected to show up and do your job, period. We run a skeleton crew, so occasionally you may have to actually WORK. The checks are always on time and they cash.

Most of our problems come from drivers who want the world given to then, or TMs who can't communicate.

CT is no worse than any place else. I see the same complaints about every other company.

The funny part is, the CT boards are very quiet in comparison.

Point being, ride it out and see what happens. If you get absorbed by CT, consider it luck since the alternative is unemployed.

If they decide to operate Vitran on its own, then keep pace and be happy your check cashes.

If he dissolves the company, which Matty isn't known to do, you'll be in the same position you were in before, so your no worse off.

Vitran years ago had bought SAIA Frt. Found out the baggage it carried and sold it back off. Vitran stayed profitable and then again made a bad decision to mismanage it's future. We in turn inherit the mistake. Very sad!

Vitran years ago had bought SAIA Frt. Found out the baggage it carried and sold it back off. Vitran stayed profitable and then again made a bad decision to mismanage it's future. We in turn inherit the mistake. Very sad!
You sure about Vitran buying Saia? I must have missed that one.